HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Monday, September 27, 2010

Part II The Creative Connection

As promised, I am posting on the second part of  The Creative Connection I was so privileged to be a part of. I have to admit I was so caught up with tending my booth I did not take any classes but my daughter did. She took Wendy Addison's classes and actually got nothing done because they talked through the whole class. Wendy is such a sweetie and I have carried her designs in all my shops even before she sold them to Midwest. I love her work and was excited when she had her booth next to mine along with Tinsel Trading... (which was hard on my pocket book, I might add.)



One of the highlights of the show was to finally meet my friend Karen Valentine of My Desert Cottage. We have spent many phone conversations together and she has helped me on my blogshop but we had not met face to face, so it was my pleasure to give her a great big hug when we saw each other.

Isn't she beautiful... inside and out.


Karen Shopping...


Our first event that we attended was the Keynote Speaker dinner with Jo Packham, Nancy Soriano, Mary Jane Butters and Amy Butler.
Jo and Nancy...



Dinner




Mary Jane, is a sweetheart and wanted me to open a white shop for her in Idaho...



For dinner we had Cornish hen with wild rice and carrots and for dessert we had apple crisp... a good Midwestern meal.
There were so many wonderful artists/business women there, I can't begin to name them all but I did manage to take a few pictures. I am not good about taking out my camera, I am more of a "in the moment gal"... just ask my kids! 
Here are just a few...


 Jill Schwartz, I have carried her jewelry in the shop for years and I just love her. She bought some nice vintage rhinestones from us.


 Here is her booth.




My friend Carol that I met in Round Top, she is part of Gina Galvin's  posse'...

It was good to see Gina again too.



It was so good to finally meet Rebecca Sower, I love her work and I have talked to her online now and then. Her work with Haiti is inspiring.



Her booth and the Haiti by Hand she works so hard for.




Lisa Souers jewelry... very cute! I had to have one of her designs.
We also attended a book signing event with Ree Drummond and a thank you cocktail party. It was so much fun. Here are some random shots of the party.




That is Karen talking and she must have been saying something really tantalizing! Don't you love Kecia's of Lemoncholy's Flight of Fancy's hat?

Karen Valentine and ... Koralee from Bluebird Notes and Christine Hoffman who did the beautiful decor for all of our meals, thank you-Karen
isn't she cute!




That is Deb of Curious Sofa talking to Bittersweet Designs. Deb and I had a nice visit that afternoon. It was nice to see her again.




Jo and Nancy on the table tops... no, it didn't get that wild. Jo was thanking everyone and presenting her daughter with a thank you gift. It was very touching... she had us all crying.



 My daughter Jody and Ruth Rae talking.




My good buddy Darla on the left who was responsible for keeping everyone happy and keeping everything going smooth. Great job Darla! And the gals from Earth Angels.



All in all we had a great time and I can't wait until next year! Thanks to all who made this so spectacular!
I will leave you with random shots of everyone's beautiful booth's.
Kecia at Lemoncholy



Cherish  Designs



 Rose Mille





Bittersweet Designs


EarthAngels


Many Blessings
Rebecca

22 comments:

  1. Oh Rebecca Sweetie...
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience. I love all the smiles and the laughter, and you captured so many gals I just love it. I am so thrilled to see Karen Valentine. Isn't she just a living doll?

    The booths looked so exquisite and dinner sounds so scrumptous. I also love the little backpacks on the back of your chairs. I bet they were filled with awesome goodies.

    I loved the photo at the evening celebration with Kecia in her fancy hat. That was so awesome and of course the one at the booth too. Loved it.

    Oh thank you so much for sharing with me this evening. I have had the best time ever.

    Many hugs sweetie and so much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girlie!
    It looks like a great time!
    I wish I had been there too!
    I really LOVE the way short hair! It is so...cute!
    Talk soon!
    Love ya bunches!~donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun, what a great networking opportunity. Minneapolis is my home town and that did sound like a typical midwest meal!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow....guess I missed an "awesome' time. Everyones booth looks so amazing. Thanks for sharing all those pictures. Glad you had fun, miss our classes. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos, Rebecca! Thanks for sharing - it was almost (almost) like being there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this wonderful look into the Creative Connection and for showing us all the fabulous booths. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You girls all look like you had a really fabulous time together. I love seeing photos from these events, because there are always some people whose blogs I read, and it is so nice to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rebecca! Meeting you finally was definitely one of the highlights for me too! But... I thought you were my friend! How could you show those AWFUL pics of me!! LOL!!!!!!! You on the other hand always look beautiful in your photos! The gals I was standing with are Koralee from Bluebird Notes and Christine Hoffman who did the beautiful decor for all of our meals. Miss you already! Have a great week.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rebecca~ wow what an event. Looks like a blast. Im sure you are feeling even more inspired after having all that creativity around you! Its contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was fun!!! I loved every picture! It was great to see pictures of sweet Karen and I loved seeing your beautiful daughter Jody. I bet it was wonderful having her along!
    Rebecca I am so happy to see so many wonderful things happening for you. I can't wait to see what is next!
    hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow oh wow to this post and your previous one. Fabulous! And loads of fun no doubt. Wishing you all the best. :)Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. psst Rebecca...

    you should stop over at Oldgreymare.. just sayin' : D

    http://oldgreymareprimitives.blogspot.com/2010/09/surprise.html
    xxx

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Rebecca - Yes, thanks for sharing your Creative Connection experience. The next best thing to being there. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a fun time and it must have been fabulous meeting all of those creative women:)
    ~Debra
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rebecca- I read alot about this event and really wanted to attend..so many great talented women under one roof...your post with all the pics makes me really want to make it to the next show! Thanks for putting that all together!!
    Love your blog!
    Tammy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful event, I hope to make it next time!

    Hugs,
    Anne

    P.S. You looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Rebecca, You closed your store, loaded your truck and had the time of your life at the Creative Connection. You are amazing. How inspiring! And speaking of inspiring women, Rebecca Sower and Wendy Addison are two of my favorites. It sure looked like a wonderful experience, thank you for sharing it. Love, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great time you all must have had. Thanks for sharing all your fun with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Rebecca,
    What a time you had! Just to sit in the same room with Wendy Addison. I would just hope some of her awesome-ness would just spill onto me. Jill S. Mary Jane Butters (my idol) Earth Angels, Wow, too many super stars to list. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to go, & I'm sure they loved you! Your daughter is precious, & look at her talking to another of my idols Ruth Rae. It's a good thing I wasn't there. I'd have embarrassed myself for sure. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so glad you linked up your post with VIF, Rebecca. Some amazing gals and fabulous creations. This looks like an incredible get together, with a who's who of talent! You included!
    Sorry it took me so long to get by, it was good to visit the other day! Rest up Girlfriend, you are on a roll!!
    xox,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Rebecca!

    I love your blog! Thanks for linking to me from the Creative Connection! It was such an amazing event!

    I look forward to meeting you again! Thanks! Kris

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.