HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

She found herself in Colombia... part 3



Hello, welcome back 

I left you in the prior post in tears... those tears continued off and on and left me feeling even more strange and alone after family and friends went back home. I loved the new place but it was a stranger to me, no longer did I have the familiar to console me.
I no longer had my favorite spot in the back yard...


Or my studio


I said my Good byes...

 My favorite chair I kept and was now surrounded by boxes and pictures and hard to get at, I needed to get to work... and so I did. 
The week prior we had painted every room, it was a dark terracotta and lime green and now it was linen and warm gray tones.



I went shopping...
Found a perfect linen couch and chair at Walter E Smith, linen curtains and cupboard at Restoration Hardware and a great chandelier at Pottery Barn. This was starting to get fun and I needed to keep busy. 








I loved the kitchen with the stone and exposed beams. An added bonus was two fire´places, one in the dining area made of river rock and the other in the front room.










The bedroom needed a lot of help... There were header beams across the ceiling that lowered it way too much and I couldn´t put the top of the canopy on the bed. My son kindly removed them for me. The walls were paneled dark and I wanted to paint them but owner said no, so...



I got my sewing machine out.















and so I poured myself into my surroundings and settled in. It was a time of healing...
I had everything I needed without the maintenance and expense. It was comfortable and it even had a chicken coop in the back yard that I turned into my studio,,, but that is another post.


5 comments:


  1. "Are you looking for Leolist North Battleford? We have the best alternative of Leolist North Battleford here on https://north-battleford.xgirl.ca/
    Visit north-battleford.xgirl.ca today and find the best results related to Leolist North Battleford." North Battleford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blog! Got to know about different categories of air conditioning system. Informative and learned a lot through this blog.
    House Renovations in Earlsfield

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! It's interesting to hear about the experiences of women in different countries regarding healthcare. It's important to have access to a reliable and trustworthy online gynecologist, and Meri Sehat is doing a great job in providing an online healthcare platform in Pakistan. It's amazing how technology can help bridge the gap between doctors and patients.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.