HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Monday, January 30, 2012

Love and Friendship

Hello
This has been a busy week but a fun one. Lots of good things happening. I enjoyed talking about my passion to the ladies of the  Batavia Women's Club. We had a great time together. 
My youngest daughter had a birthday which means a family party and cake! 
I got to work in the studio all week and life doesn't get much better than that. I have still been working on a love theme 
for the Junk Salvation show. 





and for my etsy shop... 
you will find the garlands and wire hearts there also.




I used some vintage wire, beads and crystals to make the hearts.







Love is... theme is not only for February, I also used it as my theme to speak for the Batavia Women's Club which you can read on my other blog here...Art through God



And if that wasn't enough to top off my week, a package came from my dear friend Lisa McIlvain of Tarnished and Tattered came in the mail. 
Lisa was one of my first blogging buddies, I hadn't started blogging very long and I met Lisa. Her artwork sent me to the moon, I loved everything she did. We have such similar tastes in our artwork...  our color palette, our medium and techniques. She has been an inspiration to so many and I am proud to call her friend.
Now, Lisa and I have never met... only through blogging but miles don't seem to matter in blogland and I am so ever grateful for all the friendships the Lord has blessed me with via my blog. It seems I have met so many beautiful women from Texas that I need to visit there again soon.
Now back to my package...
Lisa and I did a swap, one of my stars (which I neglected to take pictures of) and whatever she wanted to send me. I got the better end of this deal!





Three packages in this box wrapped in pattern paper with picture tags.  A lovely handmade card and hand written note of friendship that brought tears.



The first gift I unwrapped was a memory bag, hand woven by Lisa. She wove beautiful textural elements into the bag and topped it with fur and embellished it with wonderful found objects. Inside the bag was a New Testament (just like one I had as a child, I might add) and a rosary with a heart added.



The second package was this wonderful box sprinkled with buttons and beautiful surprises inside. Little tidbits of art goodness.





A cool metal cone blinged up filled with mop buttons.

A fabulous large crystal button and a silver art palette with cherubs.



Beautiful lace samples with the labels... I love the old labels

Now that would have been plenty... but when I opened this package up my heart jumped!
I have been wanting one of these forever but they are hard to find. The large albums I have but not the small ones. 



She made this beautiful Friendship Art Journal for me, such a treasure... I could hardly believe it.




It has so many beautiful elements on it, I love every detail from the curved glass on the front to the woven buttons and printers block charm she has hanging on the binding.





Inside is a beautiful image that I loved so much I copied it from her blog months ago and had it in my files. I used it on my art journals I did for Valentines and had forgotten where I got the image from. It actually has one of her family members in the picture. (sorry Lisa, for using it without your permission) From now on I will mark the source of my photo's better. 



Inside is page after page of wonderful images and room for me to add my own touches



Isn't the lace beautiful she used... so generous with her good stuff!!!






I am nuts over this leather patina on the back of the album...





Aren't the details lovely





A beautiful page of friendship




A friendship I will always treasure and thank the Lord for each and every time I look at my beautiful book and think of Lisa.


 
A most talented and giving friend.
Thank you, Darl'in.


Blessings
Rebecca

30 comments:

  1. That Lisa is a dear one!!! I remember when I first met her. In fact... I'm the one that encouraged her to do a blog. I could see her talent (which was amazing & it has grown multi fold...) but, she was so shy. I told her "YOU HAVE TO HAVE A BLOG". She was so cute when she said "I don't think anyone would want to hear what I had to say or show plus, if they said mean things to me I would just die". WELLLLLLLL Look At Her NOW! I love all the treasures she made for you. She truly is blessed & blesses anyone she is friends with. Aren't we lucky she is in our lives. ENJOY your treasures! Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn cute stuff 'ya got there.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful package you received!! I bet you will be enjoying this for a long time!!

    Love the heart banners and those wire hearts are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. I'm new to your blog and glad to have found you. I love your journal. A dear friend indeed to give a gift of known liking such as she did. Just lovely. I'm having a GIVEAWAY if you would like to put your name in the drawing. If not, just stop by and say hello if you have time. I look forward to following along with you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's all so beautiful and the album is just amazing!! Love seeing all the talent of you two, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is some serious eye candy here!!! Can you believe how wonderful our fellow bloggers are? The generosity and caring natures? I am always in awe of the depth of blogging friendships. I'll bet you were teary eyed all day after opening that package! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Rebecca,
    Isn't it lovely to receive a package in the post.....and, what a package. Such beautiful gifts and so many of them. Old lace has been one of my passions for years. I washed a pair of old lace curtains today that I bought in France and, sadly, they fell apart !!I was so gentle with them but, I know that they can do that when they get old.
    Your work is wonderful Rebecca.....I love your wire hearts.
    You have a wonderful friend in Lisa. Her friendship must mean a great deal to you.
    Have a lovely week Rebecca. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of beauty going on here - the creations, your photos, and the friendships :) What a blessing!

    Hugs,

    "Her" and Romeo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wire hearts are awesome Rebecca. I am so happy to read that you have been busy creating beautiful things as only you can do. I just love Lisa...and her art just sends me over the edge. What an eye for beauty she has...just like you. I saw the gorgeous star you made for her over at her place. It is so beautiful. Everything you sent her was over the top!
    I hope your up coming show turns out wonderfully. You have been working so hard on making beautiful art and the crowd will eat you up!!!They will LOVE it all!
    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your fabric hearts and all the details you took on each one. I haven't been creating much lately, just funny posts so it's fun to see what you've been up to. And, OMG<OMG<OMG that book from Lisa is beyond fabulous. I'm taking her class at Paper Cowgirls. Then I see everything else she gave you and I am so jealous! Hear that sound, it's be stomping my foot! Friends are the best. Did it not just make you feel so special to open that box and see all the time and effort she had put into it!? But I hear you did the same for her, it should make you feel so good that you gave her the same feeling she gave you. Good luck with your show,xoxo-cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. The wire hearts are splendid and just the right size. Your package was magical too. hugs, olive

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful parcel from Lisa - she´s so talented and so are you.
    Love the album she made for you Rebecca. Those photo albums are so hard to find over here too.
    Love all the details.
    Have a great day
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Прекрасни произведения! Обичам дантелените и телените сърца просто са великолепни! Поздрави и хубав ден.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rebecca,

    Lovely hearts. I really like them all! And how lucky to get such a wonderful package in the mail. I happen to have a bunch of old pictures from both sides of the family. I think I might need to make one of those scrapbooks for the pics. It's beautiful. Wish I could go to the junk salvation show. Looks fun.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful artwork Rebecca your's as well as Lisa's! And btw I absolutely loved the fabric & tinsel stars you made and sent to Lisa and don't understand while you refuse to show them here, they are gorgeous! I also love the special friendship journal that Lisa created for you and I must admit that my heart skipped a beat by looking at picture 7 here of Lisa's art journal because I suddenly saw something that belonged to me still a short while ago, until I sent it to Lisa in our friendship swap. If you look at picture 8 and 9 of my January post here http://carolsgarden.blogspot.com/2012/01/sparkling-new-year-part-2.html and look closer at the tinsel heart with pocket I made for Lisa, you will regognise in the pocket of the heart the small vintage cabinet card of a mother and her child, well that is it! How funny and great at the same time, that now you have something from me here in Germany too without me sending it to you *smile*
    xoxo~ Carola

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning! I am loving the new heart collection you are making. Some really sweet pieces!
    And of course I know how much this journal means to you since this is the direction of your heart right now!
    It's lovely and so intricate!
    Have a blessed day
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those sweet hearts you made.And those gifts are such special treasures.I am sure you will have a special place in your home to enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You amaze me with your gifts and talents! I am love with your hearts! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many beautiful and wonderful things. Love your creations and what wonderful gifts you recieved. Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your heart creations! Lisa is a very generous soul and I adore her art too. The book is just wonderful and I am sure you will make it extra special by adding your personal touches to hers, a perfect blending of artful friendship. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rebecca, What a sweet gift form your friend. I am loving your new "old" hearts, smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh dear Rebecca, what fabolous gifts from Lisa, -she is truly a wonderful friend, and a fantastic artist- and what she send you are so beautiful all,-and you dear, soooo deserves it,-as I know you are a very sweet and wonderful woman yourself, too.
    I love your heart strings Rebecca, and lovely hearts also---
    Mathilde is home with mom and dad again, and I feel lonely :)--but here I am back to blogging and will start creating again tomorrow---not much of that with a 4 year old sweetie here.
    Blessings,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  23. He descubierto tu blog y me ha encantado su contenido. Desde hoy lo sigo, si lo deseas te invito a conocer mi blog y si es de tu agrado, me gustaría tenerte como seguidora en mi blog para seguir en contacto. Un saludo muy cordial.
    Manoli.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've often thought that you and Lisa both have much in common. You both create with same sense of style and romantic influence. Just perfect for Valentines Day!

    hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish I could think of something clever to say, but I'm too busy smiling at the thought of the two of you. You're both amazing artists and I often wonder if y'alls brains ever go on vacation.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rebecca,
    This blog post makes me so happy. I think so highly of you & everything you have accomplished, your art, your home, family, faith, just everything. I'm so honored to call you friend. I'm so happy you liked it all. I love the pictures you took. I need to hire you to photograph all of my art, you make it look so good:) Yes, Carola is right, part of her came to you as well. I love getting goodies from friends & although it's tempting to hoard them all, I love using them & passing it on. Can't wait to see what you make with the metal album piece but I have a feeling the French lace may stay in your studio!
    Love to you.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lisa has the best eye for beautiful things! I can see why you guys connected, since you do too. She's a blast too, and is such fun to hang out with, I hope you do get to meet her in person some time.

    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, You sure created some pretty things for your shop, Rebecca! I look forward to seeing your things at Donna's next show. Maybe the spring? What a sweet friend to have sent you your swap goodies.
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am pea green with envy! What a true treasure Lisa sent you and what a good friend you have!
    Luving your hearts! fabric and metal. a little green is showing for your talents too. (ok...a lot of green). tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  30. lucky you!! It is not hard to count your blessings! This is such a fabulous post..encouraging really ,of kindness in simple things. I love your wire hearts too.
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.