HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Friday, January 6, 2012

Road Trip 2012


Hello
It is the first road trip of the year for me and it started the new year off right. I love a good road trip. 
I am so lucky to have the opportunity to take off when I like or the road calls. In this case I needed to go to Indiana and pick up my merchandise from Christmas at the Horton's. So my dear friend Donna always opens her house so generously. I was anxious to see her house as she has been making good progress on her renovation. It looked fabulous!





If you follow Donna on A Life Reclaimed You know she and her husband have gutted their home that used to be Donna's grandparents and have been doing everything themselves for the last 4 years. Donna actually did the zinc top to this fabulous center island. It turned out awesome.















This is where I sleep now, when I am there. It will be the library when finished.




 It seems every time I go visit Donna it is for an event and we both work... so this time we decided to do something fun! 

Well, I thought going to Kentucky sounded like fun...


Me, Donna and Tot
They both have new "do's" - Donna just cut her hair and Tot has grown hers out... sooo cute!

 especially when it is to visit our friend Theresa or Tot as most everyone calls her. She recently opened a new shop in Glendale and we were dying to see it. Now Tot has a wonderful blog called 
Time Worn Interiors as most of you know and her talent is well known on the show circuit.  That is where I first met her, at the show in Roundtop Texas.


Her store front is wonderful.


and wait until you get inside... her talent for details and display is pure eye candy.










Tot attending to business


I loved this old vault...






Donna shopping...






This French Settee is amazing with gorgeous mohair upholstry


See the mirror and wonderful platter... they live with me now.


If you get anywhere near Glendale Kentucky you have to stop into this amazing little treasure of a shop


We had a great day of shopping, Theresa took us around to all the other shops in Glendale. This little town is so charming.


Thank you to my good friends Donna and Tot for such a great time. My next post will be on Tot's house... it has been published in a book and magazines such as Country Living.
How are you starting out 2012?
Maybe a road trip is what you need.
Blessings
Rebecca

24 comments:

  1. What a wonderful road trip! I have never been to Kentucky..hummm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will def, find this place when I go through Kentucky again. one of the most prettiest states, in my opinion. Sigh!!!! there is so much I'd love to have from this little shop

    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you lucky little doggy, Donna AND Tot!!! Theresa's store looks wonderful!! Love your picks, the mirror is gorgeous!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rebecca, it all sounds like such fun. Thanks for the tour of Tot's store, it's beautiful.
    hugs~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful road trip you had dear Rebecca and thank for sharing it with us! I love Donna's tyle and the pictures of her home are fabulous! Love the counter zinc top too! Oh and I wish I could visit Theresa's gorgeous antique shop and you even got to see her home, lucky you! Can't wait for the pictures! So which mirror did you pick the large one over the mantle or the small one in the mantle? Well they both are so beautiful!
    Have a great weekend!
    xoxo~ Carola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebecca, I`m happy to have been invited with you on your road trip, and to have been able to see all the beautiful things you experienced .Your friends have some fabolous homes and shop ,and I would have loved being able to take such a road trip ,with you dear friend-
    Hugs and love, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello my dear :), So fun to see what your up too!Love Donna's new haircut ;) & the shop- it looks lovely- I think I shall have to visit Glendale!
    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Baby!
    That was so much fun...We need to do it again!
    I am seeing things in these pics I don't remember seeing in her store! Too fabulous~ I was gawking around and missed a few things!
    So glad you came and so glad we got to go do something fun!
    Send pics!
    Hugs and mucho love
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you girls decided to take a road trip to see me! I had a blast! Can't wait till we get together and play again!

    God know's exactly what I needed! You are the best Rebecca! Love you both!

    tot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your roadtrip sounds so fun :) I love Donna, and her house is looking amazing...that island, WOW! I saw your feature in the latest RH Country...congrats, always love your house too :)
    Happy New Year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You lucky girls being able to get together. Too much talent all in one place:) Isn't it great when you find like minded people?
    Donna's counters have me drooling. I hope we get to see more. I know she's been so busy.
    TOT's shop is what I would love mine to be. The 2 of them work so hard and it really shows.

    hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great post...I do need a road trip desperately...
    thank you for being such an inspiration to me!
    melanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. You girls are so lucky to have been able to visit Tot in her new shop. I would love to go there someday and meet her...she has amazing style:-)

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE Donna's home. I knew it would knock my socks off. That girls seriously has more talent than I could dream of! And she's a workhorse(if you read this Donna, I mean that as a compliment:)

    I am so thankful that you posted photo's of TOT's shop. I was hoping you would when you told me you were going. It is everything I knew it would be. She has such a talent for display. I laughed when I read what you took home with you...it's scary how much we like some of the same things. I spotted those the minute the photos came up and thought 'I would love to have that mirror in my house'. It's iron, it's got rust, and it's a mirror...perfect.
    I am so glad you had fun, and the picture of the three of you is so darn cute!!!

    I am in love with the feature of your gorgeous home in RC. What a beautiful layout that is!!!!!
    Congratulations girl!!!
    sending love...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sound like you guys had a great time.. Should have stopped by, You all drove right by my house, Maybe next time...

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  16. My in laws have a farm just down the road and I was there this weekend. Too bad I didn't go to Glendale ! I probably would have been a nerdy fan and embarrassed myself anyway :).

    The shop is beautiful. I have been in a couple of times. I just love Glendale. I have gone there for years.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Donna's place is just gorgeous and of course TOT's place is equally beautiful. I know y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the Kitchen Island they Created... and the Shop is amazing, I could spend all day browsing and seeking out Treasures in a place like that! Thanks for sharing such gorgeous Eye Candy! And I'm so glad your New Year started off just right with a delightful Road Trip! May 2012 hold many more possibilities and Grand Adventures!

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  19. You.are.killing.me! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at any of the locations just to hear the laughing. Can I say y'all look beautiful...and happy!
    Guess who won the squirrel pendant? Coming soon to a tree near you.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  20. I found you through my friend Karen Valentine... LOVED this post. I really loved that old black dresser & shelf in the safe. Looks like you girls had a ball. WISH I could have come along. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh you lucky girl! Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see her home!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for the tour. Such fabulous eye candy and cool displays! I can hardly wait to see her home. Congrats on your Romantic Country feature. Just beautiful! I'm so happy for you!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVED this...what a treat...to be able to stay with Donna and to visit TOT's shop...both look just beautiful!
    But I really loved your new year post...are't we so thankful for the *new mercies* every morning...thanks for the encouragement!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great way to ring in the new year... so much inspiration, between Donna's home and then Theresa's, my head is spinning with what to do first in my own now! TOT's shop is over the top classy and artfully put together, amazing! t.xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.