HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Honey, I'm Home... from Creative Heaven!

It is good to be back home and blogging again, I just want to say I have missed all of you and your blogs. My life has been a whirlwind the past few months and it will take a little while to catch up but I have so much to tell you and show you!
I am so excited to share all that I have learned and all that I have experienced this past summer and of course at the Creative Connection. 
We will start with the Creative Connection trip and post backwards... because that's just about how I am roll... backwards. This will be a two part post on the Connection, part one will be our booth and part two will be on friends I met, other artists, displays and some festivities we attended.
I spent a week in Mpls. my hometown, I have family there so the show was twice as fun for me. Jo Packham and Nancy Soriano at Where Women Create put this together and did such a fabulous job! There were tons of workshops, book signings, panel discussions and festivities for every aspect of art, crafting and business. Plus the fabulous artists they lined up for the handmade market. 
As you know I had closed my shop a week prior and had been working on the set up the week before fighting vertigo. My son James helped me the night before on the technical aspect of the display and he loaded the truck. I have been asking a lot of him lately and I just thank the Lord for such a wonderful son and family. My daughter Jody drove from WA with her hand-mades and I brought hauled our treasures to Mpls. on Tuesday. We got in line at 6 am on Wednesday for set up. Not knowing what to expect it was a little tense. We had a pickup truck and 2 other vehicles full! We got in around 7:30 and quickly started set up as their was a pre-view show at 6 that evening. We also had wonderful help from a friend and we couldn't have done it without him, thank you Eddie.


I painted the tarp to look like a French shop or atelier. I didn't have a lot of time to paint this and I ran into problems with the coarseness  of the paint tarps I used, so don't look too closely and I will have to work on it some more if I am to use this again.


The old doors I have had for display in my last two shops. They are one of my all time favorite display pieces.



We had a lot of dress forms between Jo and I. Some are available...
 I will be putting them up on my blogshop later this week along with merchandise from the show.










Here are some shots of the booth and our displays, if you see anything that you like just email me... it is for sale! :)









I will insert a little break time here... go get a cup of coffee and a cookie... I am making up for lost blog time. 
I haven't taken pictures in a while and I did go a little nuts with the camera.

















Jody shopping...


And I did some myself...
But more on that later in the week when I do part two on the Creative Connection.
Thanks so much for all your support through out my many changes and it is good to be back!
I would appreciate any tips from you show gals out there, as I can use all the help I can get. I also am looking for more shows to participate in for the fall and Christmas, anyone know of any I should try and get into???
Thanks so much and as always I love hearing from you, and appreciate all of you.
Many Blessings
Rebecca

31 comments:

  1. ...everything there is absolutely LOVELY!!! I could just live there and be happy amongst all of those pretties!
    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, what a beautiful post, I could look at your photo's forever, boy would I have loved to shop in your booth, everything looks so wonderful. Thank you for sharing. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything! Oh how beautiful!
    I have missed you this summer girlfriend! So glad you are back and looking forward to many wonderful posts on your new adventures!
    xx, shell and the bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca, you must be happy and tired. I LOVE your booth, incredible. Now get on a plane and come and help me with my space at Glitterfest!lol
    Thank you for sharing your photos. Ciao Rita mammabellarte

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is just as gorgeous as I knew it would be!
    I love the little awning! And yes...it does look just like a litte Parisian Atelier!


    Your new guy forms! Too Funny!

    Have a wonderful evening! I will chat soon!
    Love ya bunches!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it looks like it was fabulous - I was absolutely drooling! So glad you had a good time and hope your vertigo is gone for good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca,
    Thank you for going nutso with the camera. Oh mylanta...what a feast for the eyes. Girl, there is nothing more I can add that you didn't already think of. I truly cannot believe y'all did all that in just a day!
    Can I steal the awnings and buttons-in-a-box ideas...Love Them!
    I bet you had to use a whip and chair to keep the crowd under control!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are one busy girl! I love your booth, I think the tarp is wonderful and your booth is gorgeous, you did not mention if you had a successful sale? I'm a Minnesota girl, that is where i grew up and where all of my family lives, my Mom is in Maple Grove. I was home to visit in June and I would have waited if i would of known about this show...Bummer. Don't worry about blogging we are just happy to hear from you when time permits!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic booth and the tarp is gorgeous! So much eye candy - I am going back to take another look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your booth Rebecca - everything is so beautiful and you have soooo many awesome goodies in there. I would love to go hunting in there. Love seeing the photos.
    xo Tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey Sweet friend,
    My gosh, Rebecca no one puts up a booth like you. Truly amazing! love that you painted the tarp, did you do the awning too? the shop looks great, it really was a shop! all of your treasures & creations awesome. Glad to have you home. I,m on my way to Warrenton to meet up with Jodie, Karla & Beth. I may call you on the road. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. your booth is marvelous Rebecca you need to do an e-course on booth set-up & design :)...so glad things are settling down for you :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw a few photos of this booth on another blog and loved them so much I printed them off for inspiration on how to decorate my studio, LOL. I am so happy to see more of this exquisite booth and so wish I could have been there to shop. Best booth and displays I have ever seen! Thanks so much for the peek inside. I love it!

    Thespa
    Vintiquities Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY, I had no idea this was YOU! I stopped by your booth before the event opened and snapped pictures of your lovely doors and tarp, which I love! What a beautiful display you had! I sold my Lollibag's there. Wish I could have walked around during the market and met all the vendors but I didn't have a worker very often to help me. Maybe I'll get to meet you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh it was so fun to see it all again!!! Although I will admit, pictures do not do it justice! Have a wonderful weekend Rebecca!!!!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Rebecca,
    this is a fabolous place you have constructet,
    so full of beauty, -so fantastic.
    Rebecca, you have such a talent for setting up for shows, this place is an Aladin`s cave- --how I would have been in dreamland visiting ...And so many ,many beautifull creations, and stuff- love it,-and will visit your shop, when it is filled with all those lovelyes.
    Hugs, and have a happy week-end, dear.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can hear the excitement and the joy in this post. You so deserve this wonderful and gratifying experience.

    Catch your breath and reflect on all the changes and the new challenges and adventures that await.

    We'll all be along for the ride cheering " Go Rebecca!

    xxx

    z

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rebecca, I would love to read a post about selling in a brick and mortar store, that would be so interesting! Did I tell you I think you had the prettiest store I have ever seen!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi there!

    i truly enjoyed your booth at TCC...it was one of my favorites!!

    if you'd like to see the pics i snapped come visit my blog here: (september 22nd post)

    http://thevintagedragonfly.typepad.com/

    i took the wendy addison class with your daughter...she is a doll! xoxo

    blessings,
    danielle muller

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG, your booth is absolutely gorgeous, and so much beautiful eye candy... I could do some serious shopping in there! I'm going back to look at your gorgeous pictures again!!! Blessings~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous Rebecca! Your booth design & creations are stunning ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. i was in a time warp.if i had to go back in time i would travel it inside your booth, and it would be ok! if we STALLED!! and i didn't return to the present.
    blessings
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your booth was beautiful and so shows how talented you are. Thank you for sharing the amazing pictures of such a wonderful event. I would love to attend this event some day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your booth looked fabulous. You did a great job on the tarp and displays. Hope it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, that is the most beautiful set up I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would like to know how long it took you to set the display and merchandise? I would also like to know how long the show was? I have done shows for 20+ years and long to set a booth with this much detail. I always wimp out.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is So wonderful! I am just starting my own booth and love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This post is delightful. I have enjoyed it so much. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh My gosh Rebecca! I have never seen such a beautiful Market space!!
    You have given me some amazing ideas, because we also lean towards the vintage French look.
    What a clever woman you are!! excellent photos.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.