HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Thursday, October 14, 2010

I have so many fun and exciting adventures ahead of me I want to share just a few that are coming up quicker than I think.
My first event to kick off the holidays is in Tipton, Indiana at Horton's for their big Christmas show. Donna of Everyday Elegance has been working hard on there biggest event of the year.  She is one of the most talented persons I know and puts her heart and soul into every thing she does. I get to stay here... 



You have to see this bedroom makeover that Donna has done for her guests... it is fabulous!


Karen and Tim Horton put on fantastic events and if it is anything like the French Flea Market they had last spring, it will be spectacular!



I will be selling some of my Christmas handmades at this show, so I hope to see you there.

I have been working on my new studio at Water Street Studios trying to get it ready so I can start creating again. It has been too long since I have been able to make anything. But it is coming along,  I just got through painting and now I have been loading things from my over crowded studio at home to the gallery studio. I am getting ready for Christmas and Holiday workshops. I am anxious to start up some fun workshops for you.  Here are some pictures of the new studio.


Come on In...
Yes, I put burlap on the door. I love the texture.






Some journals I will be be putting in my blogshop







I am still working on it, I am tired of hauling stuff back and forth. There is still lots to do but I am chipping away little by little.

I had such a wonderful surprise last week, I won something! And I didn't even enter... it was just a surprise drawing from Suzan at 
She is such a sweetheart, and such a talent! Here is my wonderful surprise...


Wrapped up so pretty and put in this wonderful burlap bag with my initial on it... and a felt pumpkin with a beautiful tag.



Isn't it wonderful! A beautiful button bracelet... I love how she stacked the buttons and then sewed them on an elastic band. She used creamy carved mother of pearl and wonderful nutty colored buttons... just my color pallet.


Thank you so much Suzan! I love it...

and 
I also got another wonderful item in the mail this week...


My Jeanne d' Arc Living magazine 
 My sweet friend Carole at 
Maynard Greenhouse keeps me supplied with the latest issue. It came with a lovely card and beautifully wrapped with a pheasant feather... I just loved that!



Thank you Carole!

I am hooking up with Debra at Common Ground for 
Vintage Inspiration Friday today. 


Be sure and check out Debra's wonderful blog and all the inspiration she has lined up for this Friday!

From my porch to yours...
Happy Fall!




I hope you're having a wonderful fall... it is such a lovely time of year.
Many Blessings
Rebecca
P.S. Don't forget to leave a comment here for my GiveAway
Thank you!

22 comments:

  1. Hey Rebecca. You're studio is awesome. I love everything about it! And your porch is so pretty! Who knew all that white could be so gorgeous. I am so coveting your front doors too. What sweet friends youhave to send you such goodies.

    Be blessed....Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Rebecca,
    your porch, is just sooo beautifull, love the white pumpkins, and the whole entrance.
    And MY ,what a bedroom to sleep in while attending the show- I wish you all the best of luck, dear.
    Your new studio, gives you so much more place, I would love to play with you there---love the pink shelves---
    And the bracelet uyou recieved is wonderfull-so many dear people-in this blog land-I am owerwhelmed myself to often recieve lovely gifts.
    Sweet have a beautifull friday and week-end.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful treats! I just bought some Lavender laundry soap. I can't wait to wash my sheets!!!Thank you for sharing!!!
    Smiles,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. If all you're doing wasn't enough to inspire me to get off my rusty dusty...that door did the trick! Love it and just so you know...I'm stealing the idea.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new studio looks wonderful Rebecca. Can´t wait to see it finished. Looking forward to see all your wonderful new creations too. Love the journals.
    xo Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sweet one!
    I am so glad you shared your new studio space with us!
    It's coming along and is even beginning to look like your space! (I bet it still doesn't smell as heavenly as the store yet...But it will!)

    I am so looking forward to your visit!
    You room is all ready madame!

    Have a wonderful time with your hubby and mom...Be Safe!
    Love ya bunches,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your studio looks delicious and I love the burlap on the door! Did you say workshops? Can't wait to see the schedule; I do believe you are within driving distance of me. :D


    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweetie!!! I love, LOVE how your studio is coming along!! I'm so excited for you and this wonderful, creative path you are on ~ you make the most beautiful things and I'm glad you are using this new found freedom to enjoy being an artist!!! Have a great weekend sweet Rebecca, hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Workshops. Workshops? Did you say WORKSHOPS??? I can't wait to see what you have in mind, Rebecca! Love your front porch. And you , as always are an inspiration. Happy Fall! - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rebecca, I love your studio, and can't wait to see your creations. Your journals are just gorgeous, and what a sweet button braclet... I wish you much luck at the Christmas show, and hope we get to see pictures. Blessings~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rebecca!

    Oh my.... I LOVED that little surprise giftie.. Aren't they just the best? I love a treat now and again. Well, actually, I'd love one every day, but that just doesn't seem to happen.

    Love your studio too. It looks like it's really coming together. The house across the street was up for sale a bit ago and I would have LOVED to buy it for my very own studio. :-) How fun it would be to have an entire HOUSE! Yep, PIPE dream....but it sure was fun to think about. Things are really tiny here at the cottage.

    Congrats on your #3 too. I actually got quite a few comments from people with the same story and were finally HAPPY! We're in the #3 club. :-)

    Enjoy your new digs...

    Warm hugs,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Water Street Studio is the perfect fit for you and I'm sure the other artists are thrilled to have you there. It's shaping up beautifully.
    I was thrilled you won Suzans giveaway...she really is the sweetest person as are you.
    Thanks so much for the mention. Z emailed me about it but I wasn't sure what she was saying...little dense on my part.
    Hope you enjoy the magazine.....and yes that is the ribbon company!
    HUGS,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you & sending love your way. I love your Front Porch... white pumpkins & urns!!!! I think it's time for me to get to work. xooxxo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rebecca, your life certainly has taken a new direction since you left the store, God has a way of changing our path at times, huh? Can't wait to hear more about your studio space and all that you plan to do there. Now to the front porch...just perfectly glorious! So glad to see those photos. pumpkins. urns. front doors. love every little thing! Oh, and give Donna a big hug from me when you see her. she's just precious!
    be blessed dear heart!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sigh...I know I'll be back time and again to soak all this in!

    Thank you so much and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will be marking November 6th off on my calendar so I can make it to that Christmas Open House! Rebecca, your studio and porch look great!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness! You have so many wonderful things going on, I don't know where to comment first. Just love everything from your studio to the cute button bracelet.
    Isn't Carole just the best? I love her too death.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice blog post. And WORSHOPS?? I have been waiting and waiting and waiting. Let me know. Miss you. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rebecca,

    Wow, a lot of wonderful things in this post. I remember the market you did with Donna. That bedroom looks dreamy, I could use a little R&R there. Your booths always look amazing Rebecca, I can't wait to see what you come up with for this one. I love the new studio. I imagine you've enjoyed fixing it up & playing with your beautiful elements & findings. I have been such a terrible blog friend lately. I keep thinking I'm going to get a week with no commitments so I can do nothing but blog, no such luck. Let's try to talk soon, I think about you often. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just found your blog after seeing the newspaper article. I had admired your work at the Fall Water Street studio show, and used to love to visit your store in Geneva.
    How fun to find a kindred spirit just down the road! I'd love it if you gave a local presentation on "renewing the creative spirit and nurturing the artistic soul." I'm part of the Birdland group that has a show in November at WS. Your new studio looks so inviting and inspiring!
    Hope to connect with you sometime!
    Julie
    www.juliejohnsonblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Rebecca, I saw the article about you in the Daily Herald today. It was a great read! Do you still have that lovely Vintage Living shop in Glen Ellyn?
    xo
    jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your porch is so welcoming and peaceful! And I love that button bracelet....

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.