HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Christmas 2007

November 2007
Christmas Show 2006 in my home:

A Vintage Christmas...

What a difference a year makes! Last year we had "A Vintage Christmas" show in my home...we had been doing it at Simply Posh and extended it to my home after we closed. It was a great turn out but what a lot of work. Taking all my stuff and putting it either upstairs or downstairs. I live in a historical house built in the 1860s. It was moved in the 1920s by a team of horses and logs to the outskirts of town, so it lost some of its charm on the outside but she was a grand Ole gal in her day. I met the guy who bought her in the 50s as a flip, he took off the 2 story tower to scrap the copper roof for $40.00 because it leaked. He was entering a nursing home and stopped by to give me the newspaper clippings of his makeover...he seemed so proud. Every year I would invite 4 or 5 local artists to share their talents in the show. I was fortunate to make some wonderful friends that were gracious enough to share their talents with me every year, Anne of Angelina's-fabric artist, Dee Gann-Santa artist, Judy Walsberg-multimedium artist and talented Betty White--she has such a great eye for found objects and of course my talented daughter Jody who makes such beautiful pillows all hand worked and myself.
Here are some pictures from that show.

Betty White, Judy Walsberg and Dee Gann



Betty, Judy and Anne Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.