HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009

Happy 2009!

A new year has come...and so it seems it is a good time to reflect on the old one. It has been one year since we opened Vintage Living and I can't think of a harder year to have opened a retail business. You only have to take a glimpse at the news and everywhere the economy is being analyzed, discussed and disected...I don't know about you but I am sick of hearing about how bad off we are. It puts fear into the hearts of all of us and it is stuff we either can't do anything about or it is stuff that will never come about. I for one have turned off the TV and I don't read the newspaper...is that putting my head in a hole... or is it guarding my inner self? I would like to think of it, as guarding my peace. If there is something I can do about it I will face it but until then I will go on like I have been... yes, maybe a little more conservative, nothing wrong with that...in fact I could use a good lesson in that. But I for one will continue to look on the bright side of it all and be thankful for all that is good in my life and business right now. I am so sad for all the great little shops that have closed this past year...my special spots where I could go and have a good conversation with a like soul and be inspired and lifted for the day. They are becoming far and few in between...I only hope this new year will spring up new little havens for inspiration and fellowship. As for the shop, I have soooo enjoyed it this past year... I have met so many wonderful people and it has just been fun sharing our lives, ideas and projects together, that to me is what a shop is all about and somewhere in between you do have to make a profit...I understand that but for me it is not to fill my pockets, it is to be able to continue to do this...it is for a creative outlet to share with others...Happy New Year from my shop to you!

Winter White






My favorite color and the theme for our shop this cold January and February. As we snuggle in for a long winter and turn to our projects, I for one look forward to the down time. There is something nice and peaceful about the snow and cold weather. It allows us to cuddle up with a good magazine or book and enjoy a hot cup of cocoa... And dream a little. This is the time where I go through my books and get great ideas and inspiration. My latest projects are inspired by the snow...winter white. I have brought out all my different shades of vintage fabric in white and piles of lace. My favorite is the white wool - love the shade of cream not to mention the texture. I have been doing some handwork for pillows and a wall hanging. It is nice to have a project you can sit in front of the tv with while you watch your favorite show. All the new series start this week...looking forward to Lost and Life on Mars myself.
Here is the Winter White display in the shop and some projects for Valentines Day I have been working on.
Blessings
Rebecca






















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.