HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Road Trip anyone?

It is a hot day in the Chicago area and I am sitting in the shop sipping on my morning coffee with little energy. I am between projects right now and have little inspiration. I hate the lull between projects or that great idea that is the next best thing. I am my own worst enemy at times... maybe a.d.d. or just not focused enough. I have a hard time doing anything more then once so my art projects are all over the map. FOCUS!!! Right now I am working on 2 paintings...I have 3 necklaces in the works...I have tags I am working on and have an order of pillows and curtains I need to get done. I guess I will work on those today because I have to. I think I need a getaway and I am considering a road trip to CO in Aug. to visit KC Willis' ranch retreat http://studioretreats.ning.com/ . I love her work and it sounds just like FUN and the inspiration from other artists I need. Anyone up for a road trip? Well, I better get to work...maybe if I get the "have to" stuff done, I will get a scathingly great idea...
Projects in progress
The rabbits are painted on linen and are going in the back of old windows so you see them through the glass and the window frame is the frame...




This one is actually 6 feet long (not all shown) and will go over the Paris display in the shop (if I ever finish it...not crazy on how it is turning out.

My jewelry counter is rediculous...

I have little elves working in the jewelry department....

This is where it really gets rediculous...this is my work table...I am working on boxes full of snipets of goodies to sell in the shop, I have been asked to make some all white boxes with pieces of white trims and etc sooooo

I think I need help...

Blessings to you today from my studio,

Rebecca

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca! Thanks for joining my party! I think it's going to be lots of fun looking at all those creative spaces. (Can't wait to see yours) And think of all the new people who will come visit your blog!!!


    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca! Thank you so much for your kind words about my dog Harley. I really appreciate you taking the time. It was a hard decision for us, but I know we did the right thing for him.

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY BECK, I SEE YOU HAVE FOUND MY BLOG. I LOVE YOURS! (OF COURSE) THE PAINTINGS AND THE NEW AREA OF YOUR SHOP LOOK GREAT. YOU ARE SO VERY TALENTED. I GOT BACK FROM MY 5 WEEK TRIP YESTERDAY. NEEDLESS TO SAY I'M REALLY FEELING CATATONIC BUT NEED TO GET BACK INTO MY GROOVE. ROAD TRIP, HUMMMMMM. I'M FAMILIAR WITH K.C. WILLIS'S WORK AND SHE IS GREAT. WILL SIGN OFF FOR NOW. HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! LATER, JUDY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how our homes evolve from living space into studio...however it's easy for me because I live alone, so my kitchen/candle & soap making shop is always a clutter of supplies, but boy does my house smell good!!!

    Thanks for stopping by, would love to make a trip to your shop some day...if I ever get a day off, but we are planning some changes in the shop, so time away may get easier...however the money issues, never change...Ha!

    sharon

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.