HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Welcome to White Wednesday



Woke up at 4 am this morning to an Earthquake! I looked out the window and thought it can't be an earthquake we are having a snowstorm... rolled over and went back to sleep. Batavia IL made national news this morning with a 4.3 earthquake. Nothing broken just a little shook :)

Hello and welcome to another White Wednesday hosted by Kathleen at Faded Charm...

I know these first pictures are not real white...let's just say neutral but I promise you they get whiter as we go down the page. I wanted to show you what I purchased at the Dupage Expo Antique Show last Saturday. My son and I went to the show together and it was just the fun day I needed. After our antique fix we went out to dinner and I so enjoyed it. He is so fun and nice to be with and he seems to put up with his mother pretty well.
It was a special treat to meet some blogging friends, Anita from the  Iowa Junk Gypsies was selling and her booth was so much fun. I got there a little late - there was an amazing barrel of old maps that I missed but I did manage to get some great stuff from her, which I will point out later. I also saw Judy from Tapestries of Nature and her booth was filled with her amazing creations and wonderful antiques also. I forgot my camera so I didn't get pictures of their booths...sorry! I messed up. Maybe if you visit their blogs you will see their wonderful displays. If you haven't been to their blogs you are missing out... they are amazingly talented women.



I found some great books and a journal that I couldn't pass up. The silver chain and watch fob clasps are a main stay for my jewelry. I love this small iron scale I got with white stoneware.




Silver chain and rosary beads






Isn't this little metal stamp set nice...even the box has a nice patina.


The paper dressform is one of my favorite purchases...


This fabulous photo and paper I bought from Anita... I just love her and she will find a place on my shop wall as display only... I feature pictures of woman on my shop walls, they are my "Strong woman of faith" displays.



I also got this cute table and cherub statue.


I love the stamp stand and stamps I got from Judy's booth


And this fabulous crochet thread from Judy...love the creamy color!


The bottles are nice and big and I am going to use them in a project this week, which I will be showing you when I am finished.







Worn to perfection...




Thanks so much for stopping by this Wonderful White Wednesday and sharing my treasures with me. Please stop by Kathleens and view the other white posts listed there.
I also have a 200 follower give-away going on... just leave a comment on the previous post and I will enter your name to win one of my necklaces. Thank you so much and I always love hearing from you.
Many Blessings to you,
Rebecca

36 comments:

  1. Wow... I love all the pics, great stuff.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the fob chains and jewelry pieces! And that cherub stand is just oh, so gorgeous.
    You always have the most wonderful things, Rebecca!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI BECK, I SEE YOU FOUND SOME GREAT STUFF! I'M SO GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD DAY OUT WITH YOUR SON.
    THANKS FOR THE MENTION, IT'S SO APPRECIATED. TALK TO YOU SOON.
    HUGS, JUDY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you scored on some great junk. My favorite has to be the scale. I just love decorating with them.

    Happy Wednesday!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. You scored some wonderful treasures! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such pretties! And I wouldn't (couldn't) part with the photo either...she is beautiful!
    rene'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such fabulous finds, that scale is just wonderful. All of your whites are just lovely. I can't to see your bottle project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we had places like that around here...*sigh* looks like you got some awesome treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow and earthquake and snow storm. I will take the snow, you can keep the earthquake :) I am glad you were not hurt. I would definitely be shook up
    Thanks for visiting and come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a wonderful day with this awesome boatload of goodies..luv the metal stamp set and white table!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pics. Delights to the eye--eye candy!
    I wonder if anyone in the federal government had even a passing thought to checking to see if anyone in Batavia needed aid?
    Just wondering.....
    BTW--there is a Batavia, Iowa, just about 30-35 miles from us.
    ★Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love the neutral colors mixed in with the white. Very nice...very vintage...and we all love that look. Some amazing things you showed...but I love the last ones of the little cherub plant stand I think!
    blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous treasures!!!!! how do you refrain..lol
    I cannot believe you had an earthquake...I live in Calif, we are supposed to have them...but I don't want them...thats crazy, maybe all that snow is getting to heavy!
    Have my fingers crossed for the giveaway, there are SO many out there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful blog! I just love your necklace! Hugs, Mikell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, it is obvious that you and I would never be allowed to shop together...since we would be slappin' each other out of the way to get to the same treasures! :) Just kiddin'...it would be a blast to shop with you since our hearts appear to rest on the same treasures, and would definitely "understand" why we each love something! I am sure we would be like two little girls in a candy shop...giggling all the way! xo..deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Rebecca you did really well. Thanks for the new blogs. I knew if you liked them I would too!
    xo,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful pics...i love your scale...and old bottles...thanks for sharing...happy white wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rebecca amor, I love all the new treasures you bought, very lovely, they look wonderful in your store, I still don't know how you do it, I think I would have a hard time letting go...I mean look at my lil blog store...I have yet to put anything in it :) I have one of those stamp holders but it is 3-4 tiers tall and has a ton of those old wood handled stamps. I finally did a new post and posted about your giveaway and my star :) So sorry the pictures aren't very good, hopefully one day I will learn how to stage my pictures :) I can't wait to see how your bottles come out. Take care amor, Besos, Rose

    ps...I almost called you today to welcome you to the Earth shakers club, we here in So Cal are full time members :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I heard about that earthquake on the news! One lady said she thought it was a snowplow going by...lol.

    Beautiful, beautiful things...I would love so many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely finds! Lots of character....

    Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, an earthquake! I know what that feels like, being from the west coast. I am glad you are ok. It seems the world is so shakey in all things. What wonderful treasures! I always enjoy your blog so much Rebecca.
    God Bless you!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful photos. Love all your great finds. Can't believe you had an earthquake. I also like the dress form and can't wait to see what you do with those bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE the cherub piece and also the scale...thanks again for visiting our booth- it was a great day, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really love the necklace so hope I win. I am really into the look.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such amazing treasures you found! I want to say which one is my favorite but I can't, they're are fabulous! How nice that you had teh day with your son, I love it when that happens, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the table and cherub! My mom had a three tiered table like that when I was a kid. Of course it is gone now. Just one of those things I wish I had from my childhood. Joan @Americana By candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  27. Rebecca, yes I'm looking forward to meeting you too! I'm so excited that you are coming to shop the Texas shows. You'll just be blown away. If there is anything I can help you with while you are there, please don't hesitate to ask, really. Looking forward to it, T

    ReplyDelete
  28. Rebecca, what a great post. You did score some great stuff. My favs are the scale & the metal stamps. But, it's all good! You asked me about The Church that I went to the Art Event at... If you go back to the post then look for Debbie & Shea's name. Click on their name & it will link you back to their site. I see you are taking KC's series for buisness. I had thought about taking that. I would love to hear your feedback on the series. If you have time please email me & let me know what you think. THANKS! Have a blessed weekend. Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  29. Heard about that earthquake! How weird that must have been!
    Love the cherub statue, the yarn and the stamp set the best! What great treasures!
    hugs to you my friend,
    shell

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this post...great pics. Love the scale and the vintage number stamping set..too cool!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Excellent. Congratulations and good luck!
    Daniel D. Peaceman, editor and writer

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Rebecca. It was wonderful meeting you yesterday. Just wanted to drop in and say hi. You have amazing treasures in your shop. Can't wait to come visit you!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Rebecca,
    Well friend, you scored big time! I can't decide which I like best. I passed up a 2 tiered table like that last week & I'm having big time buyers regret. Can't wait to see the bottle project, I love to do bottles myself. The dress form is my fave tho, I'd be covering that beauty in sheet music for sure. And the perfect color & texture of the yarn & thread. It will all be wonderful in your shop. Happy V Day. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am so glad you could come yesterday!!!! What a fun time! Happy valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What beautiful items you have! I love your blog, it's gorgeous! Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  36. I woke up to the SAME Earthquake.....WHAT?!? An earthquake in a the midwest?! Do you have a shop? I live here in Illinois and if ya do would LOVE to see your wares in person!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.