HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Welcome To White Wednesday

Hello and welcome to White Wednesday hosted by Kathleen at Faded Charm.
I am late today, I don't know about you but I think somebody turned the clock ahead and time is spinning out of control... I have vowed to better manage my time and so far as you can see - it isn't working.

I have decided to post on the shop after all that is one of the reasons I started this blog. This is pretty much most of my life right now and I would like to give you a little insight on shop care. I had two lovely visitors yesterday from the land of blog. Jen from Sanctuary Art made a comment, "that my blog doesn't represent my shop well enough".  (please visit her fabulous blog) And that got me thinking, so today I would like to show a little love! After all it is that time of year. We do have Valentines in the shop but I am going to talk about "shop love". Anyone that has a small boutique does it because they have a love for some part of it, whether that be a love for display or buying or maybe even the business end. (that one does not include me) But the one love I think we can all agree on is the love we have for the people that come through the door. I love the whole process...the shop gives me an opportunity to make a backdrop and inspiration for my artwork and in return I get to know the person that I place my artwork into their hands. When you come into my shop it is an extension of me, just as if you would come into my home. I understand you are not neccessairly coming to see me but you are visiting the work of my hands and so the next time you are in a small boutique be sure to smile and say hello to the person that lovingly put together what you came to see.









A little love of bedding...we carry Bella Notte' and Pinecone Hill






Handmade Hearts and journals


Vintage Supplies















I want to wish all of you White Wednesday visitors Happy Valentines Day!





And I couldn't resist this shot of my grandson Jesse :)
Talk about love!


Thanks so much to Kathleen for hosting another WW be sure and drop by her blog and much love to all of you and please leave some love :)
Blessings
Rebecca

19 comments:

  1. Oh My! Wish I lived closer...you have a beautiful shop. Your grandson is the cutest...love those curls!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rebecca, if I lived closer I would be one of your most loyal customers! The items in your shop are so lovely and put together in the most wonderful ways! Your love for what you do plainly shows!!!!

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie~
    I love all your pictures. Wish I was closer I would come right over! Have a blessed day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rebecca, like everyone else, if ONLY I lived closer, I would haunt your gorgeous shop. Yes, please show us more!*! And that sweet little grandson is a doll!!
    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I lived nearby because I know I would LOVE to peruse your beautiful shop! Gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, i want to say...how I wish I could touch and really see all of your pretties...Next, I *so* get how it is an extension...how your very heart is put into all of it...and your love does truly show. But is it hard to do it *everyday*? To be creative on demand? I have the best of both worlds by renting a room to *fuss* over and share my heart in...but I go when I can...can't quite imagine doing it every single day...Happy WW!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  7. everything is just beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca,
    OH goodness, when can I travel and come to your wonderful shop? I am in vintage heaven looking at your pictures. Whoever made the pillows and hearts are generous. They are gorgeous. And the little packets of goodness...and don't get me started on Bella Norte! Do you take out of town orders? I'm shopping for some right now. And last but not least. Your precious baby grandson, ooh those cheeks! Lisa



    PS Thanks for the tip on the book, I'm going now to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rebecca amor, I love seeing pictures of your store, like everyone else I wish I were near by to come see all this beauty for myself and give you a huge hug. You have the biggest heart, when we talk on the phone it feels like I have known you forever, it is the same feeling when I visit your blog, I think your blog and store are a complete extension of yourself, it shows how you put your heart into everything that you do...even in the beautiful way that you decorate both your home, studio and store... it is ALL you, beautiful, elegant, loving...I am so glad you walked into my lifes path with your big heart :) Besos to you my sweet friend, Rose

    ps...Jesse James is gorgeous and I love all your beautiful whites...like I said...how I would love to visit & shop in your store :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous White Wednesday post Rebecca. I love the new look here at vintage living ♥
    Your grandson Jesse is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would SO love to shop in your store Rebecca!!! So many wonderful things...I would be like a kid in a candy store ~ I love everything you share here!!! hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Rebecca, your store and art are just as lovely as you. Oh, how I would love to visit in person. Thank you for sharing it all, for us to enjoy
    hugs and blessings,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI BECK, OF COURSE YOUR SHOP IS WONDERFUL BUT I THOUGHT A BLOG SHOULD BE ABOUT WHATEVER YOU WANT TO BLOG ABOUT. IF IT'S ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE MAKING, OR YOUR FAMILY LIFE, OR YOUR SHOP, IT SHOULDN'T MATTER. YOU'RE BY-LINE SAYS IT'S " WHATS ON YOUR MIND AND IN YOUR HEART." I TAKE THAT TO MEAN THE WHOLE PERSON, WHICH OF COURSE YOUR SHOP IS A PART OF, BUT NOT ALL OF WHO YOU ARE.

    JUST MY 2 CENTS, HUGS, JUDY

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do believe you would get sick of seeing me if I lived closer to you. I would be in your beautiful boutique all the time. Such treasures! All make my heart go a flutter!
    yf,
    shell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for an inside look at your shop. You have some great stuff. Hope you are having a wonderful week!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  16. You shop looks amazing! I love looking at all your beautiful displays! Have a great weekend!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love everything in your shop, Rebecca. White bedlinen is my favourite. It always looks good..... and your hearts are gorgeous as well.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello from a sister that's running behind. Love the shop and the burlap hearts are lovely. I just recently took the plunge into running a booth at a local antique mall. I love to rescue discarded things and could never house all that I bring home. So I am hoping to pass them on for someone else to love.
    Enjoy your blog, Cheers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful shop. How nice you can "live the dream" so many of us have. The bingo cards are super neat.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.