HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

White Wednesday with Friends

Once upon a time in a land far away...

I received a surprise in the mail this week... a package from far away.


 From a land I really know nothing about other than it is
 small, Nordic and cold. 


A flight to Denmark costs approximately $900 
and takes about 12 hours from what I can figure. 








The Danes claim to be open minded and the happiest people on the face of the earth.


That is what their website claims. That is as much as I know and only because I googled it. 


Yet I have a wonderful friendship with a talented lady that lives on an island in Denmark.


 How strange yet wonderful our world is.


I am not the only person in the blog community that knows this kind soul and loves her.


How lucky I feel to be a part of her life in a small 


dimension so many miles away.


I can't even pronounce her blog name correctly 


Den Lille Lade










This lovely package and card personalized for me encased this...








A heart for me.
Can you believe how beautiful this heart is, with a beaded cross tucked in the pocket.








Dejlig Lady min ven



I can say Dorthe  and I can say what a lovely lady she is...


Thank you sweet friend, I love it~


I am going to leave you with some white images for this cold week in January.
From a heart that was warmed by a friend...



































Please don't forget to join my give away
Here






And be sure and visit Kathleen at Faded Charm for more inspiring whites. 
Thank you Kathleen.

Please visit Dorthe at Den Lille Lade and say hello to her from me.


 Thank you for joining me today, as always I love hearing from you.


Blessings
Rebecca



19 comments:

  1. as usual...your blog inspires me and makes me smile. thank you so much for the beauty. I sure needed it today!
    melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very sweet friend to send you such a beautiful gift! All your whites are lovely:) I will stop by her blog and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Rebecca, I`m so very happy you recieved my gift, and above all being your friend,
    thankyou for showing it so beautifully.
    All your whites are wonderfull, I love your chrystal lamp, and hanging decoration.
    You are a wonderfull lady ,my friend :)
    How sweet of you !
    Blessings, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a thoughtful friend and that heart is adorable♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, what a gorgeous gift!!! so perfect for you!!!
    love all your whites today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Dorthe is a kind-hearted lady to be sure. so full of generosity and goodness. her talent and inspiration are so very well-loved as much as she is! You are blessed to have received these gifts from her! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very sweet to receive and so sweet to give... Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rebecca! What lovely gifts! You are a lucky girl ~ enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rebecca, what a wonderful and beautiful gift !!! Loved your white postings...Love Tiina..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rebecca, what a beautiful gift... and I just love all of your gorgeous whites today!!! I'm headed over to visit Dorthe's blog, thanks for sharing!
    Happy White Wednesday~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rebecca! How sweet that heart is... and your friend for sending it... sweets for the sweet !!
    Your images of all the whites are divine!
    Thanks for sharing another wonderful post!
    Tammy :-)
    JUNK WILD

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a thrilling gift from so far away. How delightful for you...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful gift from a beautiful person. I just love the blogging world. I'm drawn to your white 'stuff' today. The lace and threads are so pretty, but those buttons from Germany are exquisite. I love them.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful gift and such lovely images! Thanks so much for sharing,
    Happy White Wednesday!
    - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just know you were talking about the precious Dorthe!!! Her work is amazing but it is her friendship that I too cherish, she is one talented and sweet lady. The heart is beautiful, what a wonderful gift. I hope your afternoon is filled with creative beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a beautiful, heartfelt post Rebecca. Full of gorgeous whites and all things dreamy.
    I adore Dorthe, and her art is beautiful. I love the heart that she sent to warm yours. Such a lovely person and talented artist. And I can say ditto about the girl she sent it to. It is so you!
    big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous gift from Dorthe!! That heart is so "you"!! I too, am amazed at the wonderful friendships we can develop across the world because of Blogland. It never ceases to amaze me! Have a blessed and beautiful day today my friend!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful heart and what a beautiful and kind friend you have ... I'm going to go check her out. All of your photos are so dreamy and romantic ... just lovely!
    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dorothe is a darling woman, and talented too. how lovely her gifts are. Your photos are sooo beatuiful.
    God Bless!
    ♥♥♥
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.