HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Life After Farm Chicks


Hello
It took us about 4 hours to pack the trailer up and say good bye to all our Farm Chick friends and head out towards Vancouver. It was already 8:30 in the evening and we were both spent so we decided to drive as far as we could and then get a motel.
I am glad we did because the next day was glorious and the drive along the Columbia Gorge was breath taking.






We stopped at the Maryhill Winery in Washington, it was so beautiful.






And a little windy




Stayed for a little wine tasting... it was all delicious





This is the flight we tried... my favorite was the syrah but they were all good


And did a little shopping...




















Stopped and watched the wind surfers... amazing












All in all I would say it was a good day. We had a relaxing drive back home, it was a beautiful day and it was just good to be with my daughter.
We unpacked the trailer and I repacked the suv and I will be heading to Mn for a little visit with my mom, sister and two other daughters not to mention 3 little girls there that I miss.
These three weeks have flown by and I had such a great time with my daughter. We are like the Bickerson's sometimes and I probably bug her just as she bugs me now and then but we are very much alike so that explains our dynamics. The main thing is we love each other and have fun together. 
 I just want to say, thank you Sweetheart for a wonderful 3 weeks... and we are still alive!
Ha...
Blessings today!
Rebecca

14 comments:

  1. wine tasting- one of my fav hobbies! glad was a good visit with daughter...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photoes dear Rebecca, and how wonderful you had that beautiful trip and experience with your daughter-makes me happy for you, and that you can see your mom,sister and other daughters, and the sweet grand-girls-- I wish you a safe travel, sweetie, also back home again- take care and have fun.
    Love and hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. BE CAREFUL!
    But have fun~
    I am up to my knees with Flea Market stuff but also working on my own things(shock!)
    Call me when you get your charger from your mom!
    Freaky not hearing your voice!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, boy, you photos brought back memories the Columbia River Gorge! I lived in Vancouver, Washington for a little over a year and worked in Portland, Jantzen Beach!

    Safe travels!!!

    xxoo
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are beautiful, Rebecca. I have enjoyed reading about your travels! I bet you are already planning next year!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the drive along the Columbia...We have done it many a times & it is always beautiful!
    Safe travels home & see you in a few weeks :)!
    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a lovely trip.... And, I know exactly what it's like with daughters! So much fun....almost ALL of the time.

    Love the phrase under your blog header.... so profound and TRUE....

    Huggies,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a great trip and so great that you shared it with your daughter. i know you will be glad to see those little ones. i always miss my two when we go to marburger. you will work out the kinks with your set up. we were such a disaster the first time in texas. be safe sweet friend.

    hugs,

    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love wineries, thank you for bringing us this piece of Washington, I'm glad you guys are safe at home and that you had fun!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    XXXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of these years I'm going to get down there to the show. I looked it up yesterday, to see that I was TOO LATE for this year. Oh well - it wasn't meant to be.
    Your drive home must have been lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Beautiful. It's always great to spend time with family.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  12. You took some wonderful pictures of our part of the country. I wish I could have attended Farm Chicks, I really enjoyed it last year. You and your daughter created some beautiful things together. It sounds like you had a great time together and you made it safely to see more of your family. I have family in Portland and in Vancouver and always enjoy visiting there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful pics! You two are so lucky to have this time together. The vineyard was just gorgeous. What fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.