HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall 2011

Hello
This week has been perfect fall weather... beautiful blue skies, warm sun, fresh dry air and the gorgeous display of color the trees give. The kind of weather that gives you energy and the nesting urge to get ready for what is yet to come.





The last couple of weeks have been a blur with much happening around me. Some good, some sad, some happy. 
The good... is being able to be busy with what I love to do. I had two shows back to back with my daughter Jody, traveled to Minnesota and saw old friends from long ago and spent a couple of days with my beautiful mother. Always a joy.
The happy... is getting things done around here including re-organizing the garage and finally taking down the tent in the back yard. Thanks to the help of James and Jennifer.
 My studio is almost presentable and I will be doing a post on that later. Getting the garage organized was next on my list and we got a good start on it.  James installed industrial shelving and loaded it up with my daughters things and mine. It felt good to go through and get rid of so much stuff that had been accumulating. We will actually be able to get a car in the garage for winter!


The joke of the day was to watch people slow down as they went by... and ask if we were having a garage sale.



We worked him to near exhaustion... but gave him water now and then.
...and yes, that is a shiner he is sporting




His first and a beauty... but tables are not to run into, sometimes a hard lesson.










My son is very good at puzzles...




And so is Jody, she is packing to go back home. Trying to fit all that she accumulated in the past 4 months she has been here.
 It will be sad to see her go. I will miss her but she will be back for Christmas.
The sad...  we lost my husbands brother to cancer 2 weeks ago. He is in a better place but he will be missed dearly.  We want to thank our friends and family for their support and comfort.


Our strength comes from the joy of the Lord and that joy comes only from knowing Christ. Happiness depends on happenings but joy comes from within. Joy is inner peace and contentment and does not depend on what is happening. I wish you joy...


Many Blessings
Rebecca

13 comments:

  1. I bet that feels good Rebecca. I love a good clean-out of the shed too. Some how we have to figure out how to get the patio furniture to fit in it for winter.
    I know you will miss your girl too. But isn't it nice to have them come home again?
    I'm so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. It is always so hard to lose the ones we love even if it ends their suffering.
    love from here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fall pics, it's my favorite time of year! I always feel so good after a clean out, I need to do some work around my house too!
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother in-law, I'll be praying for your family.
    All my best to you,
    ~Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear of your family's loss. I will keep your family in my prayers.

    I know the exhilaration of "getting er done" Looks like you are far into the home stretch. Yay you..
    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have so much accomplished. I'm still looking for the day when I can get my car in the garage. That will be a hallelujah day! I'm always energized in the Fall and love being able to get busy with all the stuff that needs to be done. I'm looking forward to seeing your studio, I know it will be gorgeous. So sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I talk to you so often I tend to forget how much you have had going on in the last few weeks...Then, I see it written here and WOW!You are such a blur...so much happening all the time.
    I hope you give yourself a chance to catch your breath! Enjoy this amazing weather and admire all that you have accomplished! I wish you were coming to visit tomorrow but I know I will see you soon.
    I am still thinking and praying for Keith!

    Much love and many hugs from here!
    Donna
    P.S. you didn't tell em about little man's shiner! What a tough little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure I would have 'slowed down' too. Would have been a great garage sale! :) Glad you're getting organized - should be a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man oh man...I can just see the disappointment on folks faces when they found out you weren't having a garage sale. That would have been the sale to end all sales! Heck...I saw things I would leap over plastic tubs for too!!!
    I send you and your family my prayers for the passing of your BIL.
    Now tell me...who cried more over that shiner?
    Deb
    P.S. I received my pendant and wore it about a gazillion times at Zapp. I love it...and you! You add to my joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law...
    You know, it's amazing how going through things we've accumulated is so lightening and refreshing, isn't it...
    You'll miss your girl...I understand totally. I miss both of my grown daughters...too far away!
    But thank goodness for email!!
    I love the 1st photo here of the vine-covered house! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You surely have worked hard, dear Rebecca- and now it looks neat and all in place- it must be so great- --and-little poor man- it have hurt a lot, getting that eye.Dearest Rebecca- you know I feel sad about your loss, and I hope your husbond will soon feel better.
    Isen`t autumn so beautiful- just look at that wine, and the yellow tree.
    Blessings,
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Rebecca... I can soooo hear your story. Although, there will NEVER be a day when the garage actually fits into the garage. :-) Doesn't that progress make you feel great? I've worked on mine too, but new shelves are on the must list. I swear, I'd get rid of all of it, but every time I do I have to go buy it again.... Dang, there must be a good solution.

    Sorry about your girl leaving.... It's so nice to have them around, isn't it?

    And, sorry too about your brother-in-law. And, he is in a better place.... it's tough to see someone deteriorate from that horrible disease. He's whole and feeling wonderful with Jesus now...

    Hugs to you!

    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry about your brother in law. I know it's so hard to lose the ones we love and harder,still, to watch them suffer.
    I'm glad you got to spend time with your daughter though it's hard to let them fly off.
    I,too, love that first picture of that ivy covered window. Ah, soo beautiful. I could picture my studio there. Can't wait to see yours.
    Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rebecca, so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law's passing. Your son certainly does know how to pack a garage. The way it all looked in your front yard, it sure doesn't seem like it would fit so neatly in there. Hope you have a good weekend. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rebecca,
    You sure accomplished a lot there. I know it was a lot of work.
    So sorry for the pain of losing your BIL.

    Have a restful weekend.

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.