HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Events... and A Blogger Party

Hello
Happy Thursday evening... middle of the week and I don't know where the first part of it went. But I am happy and thankful for being able to do as much as I do. 
It has been a good week and I expect it to continue. I love Autumn... I love it a little warmer though, it has been cloudy and damp here in Chicago this past week.
 But the trees are beautiful and I am enjoying them because soon they will be bare. I really love the change of seasons, I just wish winter wasn't so long here in the Midwest. 
This time of year brings so much anticipation and preparation for the holidays ahead. It is so much fun. 


I am working steadily in my studio now, as countdown is here for the shows I will be doing. 
And I am trying to get etsy up and running which I haven't been able to do as yet or my blog shop. But I will be loading it soon. I also am still planning on doing a few workshops but they will be late November and December.
Today I want to invite all of you to a party! I am so excited...
I will be participating in


I not only will be setting up a small space at the event and bringing my Christmas wares but I am also going to leave it up all through the holiday season. Karen and Donna were nice enough to invite me to stay and have a sample of Vintage Living in Horton's.
This event was so much fun last year and I am looking forward to it this year... 
So much in fact that I decided to throw a party...
A Blogger Party
In my space, during the open house...


Please come and help us celebrate this wonderful Christmas season. Donna and I are putting together a little gift for all of you, in appreciation of all the support and fun we have had this year blogging with all of you. There will also be a drawing for a special Vintage Christmas gift.  This is for you followers too! Just mention the blog when you see me, you don't have to have a blog to come!
There will be treats, gifts and plenty of laughter...
Come be inspired!
A Blogger's Vintage Christmas 2011

Here is just a sampling of what I am working on for the event.



Hand dyed velvet flowered bracelets.






Knitted and Burlap Stockings





And I will leave you with a few wonderful images of last year's event. They speak for themselves...
The Horton's know how to throw an event... 
they have a little angel in their pocket and her name is










I am linking up with Debra at Common Ground
for her Vintage Inspiration Friday...
 I haven't been able to do that in awhile and she is such a love...
Blessings
Rebecca

27 comments:

  1. Hi....I am anxious to hear about your workshops. Please keep me posted, I miss those classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca, Oh what a beautiful post, love your stockings so pretty, but those bracelets are just gorgeous, I love them so much. I hope you put some in your Etsy shop soon. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fair....you can't have a party without me:-) Oh how is wish i lived closer. Please take lots of photos to share with us less fortunate ones.

    Beautiful stockings.

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish I could come. Maybe you could take a laptop and we could skype all day? lol

    ding ding a ling ding ding a ling...it's coming I hear the bells. :D
    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rebecca, Horton's sounds like a great place to be for the festive holiday season. I love your velvet bracelets and the stockings of knit and burlap are beautiful. Sending wishes and blessings for a wonderful weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Velvet Flower Bracelets are awesome!!!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweetie,
    Rebecca, the party will be so great for those being able to visit, I wish I could... just being in those surroundings will be magic.
    And your bracelets are amazingly beautiful, Rebecca- will you put them on your shop? also love your stockings.
    Hugs and love, and happy week-end.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited, hope to be able to make it out there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cuteness!
    I have a feeling you will be needing lots of your new bracelet design~I want one too! Too cool!
    I was up late but not working...it finally hit that little panic when you know things are really close!
    remember, I only have 4 days left...than I have to start merchandising!
    See ya soon!
    Hugs from here
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rebecca, your velvet flower bracelets are stunning. I love the rich colors. I need to make it to this event. I just know your shop will be a success. I'm working on mine too. My husband says I'm overthinking it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Rebecca I was so excepted about this event and then realized its the same weekend we are moving into the new house...oh my goodness those movers better move quickly....crossing my fingers i make it up there for it even if its for a lil visit...
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Swoon, everything is so lovely! The stockings are beautiful. I wish I could attend your blogger party but I'm a wee bit too far :( (California)

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your stockings Rebecca - I´m sure it´s going to be a great party. Wish I could come.
    Have a wonderful day.
    xo Tina

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so sweet of you to host a bloggers party!I am too far away to attend but I'll be cheering you guys on in spirit. Hope it is a big success!
    Hugs,
    Patti
    p.s. Those flower bracelet are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have fallen in love with those dyed velvet flowered bracelet, the colours are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am loving those stockings!
    Everything is gorgeous!
    Smiles~
    Gypsea

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Rebecca...it looks like a magical place!!!! I'm sure this time will be even more gorgeous! I always love your taste and creations ~ everything will sell like hotcakes!!! Please take tons of photos to share with us :) hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  18. wish Tipton was a little closer - I would pop in!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gee wishing I lived closer. As much as I love halloween and as hard as I party and decorate, gosh I am glad it is over. Now time to move on straight to Christmas. I love your stockings and I could have lots of fun shopping at that great shop. Enjoy Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved seeing the photos from last year. It truly was magical.
    Loving your bracelet design and I'm wondering the same thing as everyone else. Are these going to be available to the masses...like me? I'd love to be able to come up, but traveling just isn't in the cards right now...would that I could.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  21. I remember those pics!! That is one store that I would LOVE to visit!! Your work is so incredible my friend. I am dieing over those velvet rose bracelets.
    Any chance they will available for those of us who can't be at the event????
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with everyone else - those velvet bracelets!!!!! Beautiful! Well as long as "she" doesn't buy one and make me wear it around my neck. "She's" kind of weird like that - can't look the other way for one moment. You never know what "she" is going to try and dress me in next. The tutu has lead me to be very cautious....still they are very nice!!!! Good luck - I am sure you will sell out!!!!

    Purrs!

    Romeo and "her"

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Rebecca,
    Everything over here is just so beautiful. The velvet roses are so chic and wow me!

    I am getting excited to visit all my bloggy friends during the holidays you included.

    See you soon and all that you inspire. :)
    xx
    ~Dore

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wish I could be there. I love it all! Hope a few things make it into the shop

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can't wait to see you again, Tia is so excited to see you too she thought you where so nice to her, She wants one of the stockings for her very own.. so I told hr OK see you there....

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.