HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Friday, November 25, 2011

Our Thanksgiving 2011


Hello
It is the morning after Thanksgiving day and the house is just waking, I can hear the kids playing upstairs and soon they will make it down to the kitchen. I am thankful...


Thanksgiving day is hectic here. 
Me, I am pretty much in the kitchen all day. We have a late Thanksgiving dinner, not by choice, some of my family cannot make it here until 5. Right at crunch time. My kitchen is not set up well, so there can only be so many people helping and only 1 or 2 people by the cooking area. That means... stay out of my way :)
With 5 girls... I have more help than I need but with 5 girls they have there own agenda.
Here they are at crunch time... you know that stressful time when the gravy needs to be stirred, food needs to be on the table and the turkey is being sliced... because it all gets cold fast!




Yes, they thought a Snow White photo shoot was necessary... never a dull moment here!



Notice I'm not laughing...

But mom lets them have their fun... just stay out of my way!

Let's back up a few hours and see how the day progressed...



It just wouldn't be fun without a make-up session




Now it's Maddies turn...


Ooooh sooo pretty!



Ice Princess... Sophia




Fairy Princess... Savannah


and Maddie is Maddie






Kids Having fun


Including big kids...




Dinner Table









Dinner Time











Praying for what we are thankful for...


After Dinner... the kids did dishes








Poor Nik got stuck with taking the meat off the bone.


TV room








and I will leave you with desert


















I hope your day was filled with laughter, family, love and thankfulness as was mine.
Wishing all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.
I am so thankful for all of you.
Blessings
Rebecca

19 comments:

  1. Such a festive display Rebecca. Looks like fun was had by all, except maybe you in the kitchen:-) I think I might have that same look at times...hahaha.

    So glad you could spend time with your family.

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rebecca, it looks like you had a wonderful day. Busy, but wonderful. Now you need to put your feet up and rest!

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, your home and Family are just beautiful.. I'm so happy for you... Glad you had such a wonderful time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rebecca, I just loved reading about your wonderful Thanksgiving affair. Your family looks precious and I love all the photos.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a day to remember. You're blessed with a beautifull family Rebecca! Tanks for schearing this special day,
    love, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings are/were abundant.

    Hope your feet are up today, or did that many women just HAVE to hit the stores?
    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Rebecca, such happy,thoughtful, funny, serious, lovely and sweet photoes, --
    such a day filled with so many different emotions, which all together ends up in love and blessings.Thankyou for sharing your wonderful family, and home with us-
    I wish you a very happy, and quiet week-end :) dear friend.
    Love,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks all so familiar and very missed. Have a wonderful weekend, love to you all! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Maddie sure is a cute. Definitely looks like ya'll had a crazy good time. All the friends we used to celebrate with have moved away so we don't really do Thanksgiving dinner anymore. I'm still planning on making a pumpkin pie, sometime. There's always Christmas. :) Have a great weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful Family you have.. Your home looked lovely for the Holidays. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely pictures of a lovely woman and her family! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you rested this weekend! You have such a lovely family. The desserts looked delicious. We switched to a buffet when the kids were little and I took over the meal. I do miss sit down dinners but it makes things easier and more enjoyable for me. We never know just how many we may have either. Ended up with an extra three an hour before this year. lol We used Chinet this year and I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  13. R.E.,
    I am so very thankful to have you as a friend. I'm now wearing a grin as big as Texas after looking at your photos (loved Snow White and your reaction...lol)!
    I think I could slip in with your tree house full of nuts and never feel outta place...squirrel!!!
    We are blessed with such a wealth of love it's almost (notice I said "almost") a crime. Let's just call it a crime of passion...what do you say? Passion for our families, homes, and above all...the love and salvation of our saviour.
    Love always,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you and your family had a lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,
    Everything looks so cosy (aspecially your kitshen) and it look like eveybody had a grat time.
    In Holland we don't celebrate Thanksgiving...Think i will start it here next year.
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh everything looks just spectacular. Isn't it wonderful to have a house for of people, even if they do have fun??? I had the same kind of things happening at my house.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have such a beautiful family. And I am so impressed with your blog, it was such a pleasure reading your posts. Congrats and keep on...
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great post Rebecca. So loved it all but those makeup photos.....too cute!
    Your family and home are picture perfect!
    hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Rebecca,
    thanks for sharing your lovely Thanksgiving day!
    everything was lovely!

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.