HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Friday, February 17, 2012

Splints in My Life


Hello
You hear the word inspiration so much here in blogland and many times on my posts. It is a word I use quite often because it fits so many aspects of my life. Artistically I am inspired by all the talented women I have come to call friends here on the internet, there are too many to name. The internet has brought many blessings into my life, it has kept me closely connected to those I love, to those I found friendship in and to those I admire from afar. I believe the Lord has also used it to bring inspiration not only for my art and home but also for my spiritual well being. 
The word  inspire 
the act or process of inhaling; breathing in 
to influence, move or guide by divine or supernatural inspiration
to exert an animating, enlivening or exalting influence
to spur on, impel, motivate
For most of my life because of my busy lifestyle, I have not had a lot of "girlfriends".  I have usually had one or two close friends that I would share my life with and then a few friends that have been with me since my early years and through longevity we have kept in touch and are able to pick up where we left off.  I now have my daughters also to share my friendship with but I have to say that is on somewhat of a different level.
The scriptures say, 
Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble Eccl. 4:9
No one persons life is perfect, if it is you must not be in the place God has chosen for you. It is through problems that a solution comes, without problems our world would not have the technology and conveniences we have today. Without a problem I cannot see God's solution in my life, which brings faith. 
There are plenty of fractures in my world, each broken heart threatens to keep me immobilized both emotionally and spiritually. In those times it is God I seek first.

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken Psalm 62:5

 God then provides the friendships or splints that hold me up and strengthen my fracture. It is through prayer support, wisdom, encouragement and inspiration that my friends provide a strong support for me to lean on.
We all need each other to inspire us on in faith and in life. I want to be spurred on toward the heart of God, even if that means a hard word.  Do you find yourself needing a splint today or maybe you are the Splint in someone else's fractured world. Or perhaps you have both going on. Whatever the case, give thanks and praise to God for it all.  Praise Him for trials – which can grow you in perseverance, character and hope (Romans 5:4)
I am thankful today for the friends in life that care about me and have inspired me along the way. Sometimes you might have not even known you have inspired someone. That is why this blogging world has been such a blessing.  An inspiration full of idea's, beauty and encouragement. This month of February is all about sharing the love, so I would like to continue that love and say thank you to just a few who have inspired, encouraged and challenged me on my way through life's fractures and blessings. Some are bloggers, some are facebookers but all are wild flowers in my bouquet of friendship.
I would like to say a special thank you and I love you to just a couple of wild flowers.
Donna, thank you for  your constant source of energy, advice, prayer and laughter week after week.  I love you Girl.




My sister, Cindy who always has been my best friend.




My friend Marie who has been and is always an inspiration in my life and pushes me to that greater calling.




Also from the blogging world I found a kindred spirit in Deb and she may be the wildest flower yet. She always has a spiritual voice in the sound of laughter.





Another blogging Debra that inspires and edifies with her teachings and gracious friendship.




And I have to add my girl... KC
She has a talent that will lift you to new spiritual heights with a voice that inspires love and kindness.




These women are just a small selection of those that inspire and lift us up daily. They are my inspiration and my splints. There are others of course that I have not mentioned... my mother, my daughters and other friends. But today I just wanted to say a special thank you to these precious women of God, to let them know what a blessing they are in my life.
If you have Girlfriends that the Lord has put in your life, why not write them an email or send them a note or call them today and tell them how special they are to you.


Blessings
Rebecca


I am linking up with Debra for her Vintage Inspiration Friday 
Most of these women are "vintage" such as a mature work of high quality from a year of a person's work.

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful post thanks for sharing Joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post. You are truly blessed to have such wonderful friends! Deb is on my bucketlist! I want to meet her in person one day!!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you've brought tears to my eyes, I feel the very same about you. thank you, what a blessing to be included in this wonderful sisterhood. Now, when can we all get together at the same time? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the blessing for all of us! Blogging gives us great friendships for sure.

    hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dearest R.E.,
    You know I love nothing more than hearing myself talk, but you have left me speechless...except for some soft sobbing and some not so soft sniffing.
    I love you. I can't add anything more to your beautiful words and choice of scriptures. I don't know what I did to recieve such a blessing as beautiful as you in my life, but I know I thank God every day for putting you there.
    Your devoted vintage wild child,
    Deb
    P.S. I've had the supreme pleasure of getting to hang with you and Debra. I would love nothing more than to meet the other ladies...beginning with the Prima-Donna herself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful post, and so true. I do believe the Lord places certain people in our lives for a reason. I've met many kindred spirits in blogland. You are an inspiration Rebecca, and I so enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog and your beautiful post...The Lord has lead me to where I need to be right now and the art I create and share is a blessing from him! I know my trust and faith in him has truly given me the peace and joy I have in in my life and I thank him every day! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with all the bloggers out there! I have added your blog to my blog.
    Please visit me @ www.artfuointerludes.blogspot.com
    Cheers!
    Melanie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post to some special people in your life. I think it's wonderful you did this, as so many people wait until a funeral service to talk this way about a person. True? I'm sure you are very special to all of these people too.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Rebecca! I thank God that he has sent you to me as splint! You will never know just how much your visit meant to me! And the scriptures you sent my way the other day were spot on! I love you and hope to continue our friendship for years to come!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rebecca,
    I am new to blogging and love yours. I am not sure what I want to do with my blog but I imagine I will know in time. I love your inspirational message today and the pictures you share. I saw your booth in Tipton, IN at Horton's and have followed you since. Hope you have a great day!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweetheart Rebecca- dear friend, we are blessed with beautiful friends around us-near and far, some closer than other- some dear family, others in some way, even closer friends.What would we be without- --very poor and sad people.I treasure my close friends very much- and I treasure my far away friends very much too- like I treasure you.
    Blessings- Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a Beautiful Heartfelt Post Rebecca and a wonderful Tribute to those Special People in your inner circle. Some of the greatest Blessings are having Family and good Friends that are like Family.

    Hugs from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  13. A truly beautiful post Rebecca! You are a joy and a blessing to this world!

    Hugs,

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Rebecca, for this beautiful post. I'm fairly new to your blog, having seen your home featured in Romantic Country. Your blog is lovely and inspiring!

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rebecca,
    I love this post. It was very inspirational to me and so well expressed. Wish I could be that articulate.
    I am a follower.

    ♥Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rebecca. YOU are one of my blogging inspirational friends. I'm always encouraged after visiting your blog and/or visiting in person. Your heart for the Lord is so inspiring, even more than your incredible talent (and that's saying something!). And I love Deb & Debra too. I've had the pleasure of spending time with Deb when we go to Round Top. She is hysterical.

    Hope you have a sweet night. Blessings... Polly
    (p.s. Are you setting up at Kane in a couple weeks? We'll be in the Expo bldg for March)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was very encouraging for me today. Thank you for the lovely reminder of how God works in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rebecca!
    Great post...Isn't our God good?...so many gifts!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Rebecca! How wonderful that you have have so many amazing women to share your passions, your laughter and your hopes and dreams with. I also never had a lot of close female friends in my life. That is one of the things I am so grateful for now. Blogging has opened up the door to so many wonderful new friendships. I count you among them sweetie! Speaking of which... did I miss your visit to Phoenix?? I have been so busy and have not kept up with the blogs like I wish I could. I hope I didn't miss my chance to see you again!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello my sweet! I am coming out of the fog that I have been under and now I think it must have been a rock because I DIDN'T see this beautiful post sooner!
    You know I (we) love you too, you are the ray of sunshine on my cloudy days. Spending time with you is always refreshing and I am renewed on so many levels! God is so good to send you into my life!
    Friends are something I have never had many of. I am a loner and a hermit! I was happy being so until the Lord sent you into my life and now...I can't go a week without hearing your voice! You are such a blessing to me! "Little Miss Positive" For which I am ever so grateful!
    Thank you for sticking it out with me!
    You are my bestie!
    Hugs and much love from me and the man,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've just found your blog and after reading your inspiration words, I WILL return. Like you, I've never had many close friends, and have just recently found the blog world. Im already loving meeting new people and talking with people from all over the world.
    I AM your newest follower and hope that you'll COME VISIT ME and maybe follow back. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful post.
    Girlfriends are so important
    in each of our loves.
    Yaya sisterhood!
    Love it.
    xox
    a

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just found your blog! Your post is beautiful and very profound.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.