HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Monday, May 14, 2012

Beauty For Ashes

Faces of Whiteclay


Hello
I am in Minnsota now visiting my mother,
 making my way home after a week on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
I will be doing a couple of posts on my trip, 
I will try to share with you this learning experience and
the beauty I found in ashes.



Isaiah 61
The spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
To appoint unto them that mourn, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.


These are the faces of Whiteclay.
These are the faces of heart ache and lost hope...
 they have found there existance and survival in intoxicated sleep.
These are the brokenhearted that God has come to save through His never ending love.
The homeless.


They have names... family... stories...
if anyone would care to hear.
This is Dennis, he wanted me to care enough to take his picture and know his name.



I have looked into the eyes of dispair and know without God we are all without hope.



Eli... a sweet spirit that I came to love.


This is Frances, a Korean vet... "I am the only sober one!"



New mercies every morning.



Reggie, the proud one.


Waiting... waiting for an escape.



This is Mary Ann.
She sat on the street for days, waiting for her husband to get out of jail. She wanted me to take a picture of her love.



And finally the escape...



Maggie.
As I was walking one morning Maggie, yelled to me, "Please lady, I need to call my son. I need to know how my grand-daughter is. She was burned with hot grease and they air lifted her to Denver hospital." 
 Please pray for Passion Tobacco, we found out she is 18 months old and burned over 1/3 of her little body.



Maggie's friend, Tyrell.



A shelter for the homeless



My first glimpse of White Clay Nebraska...
400 yards from the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. Surrounded by controversy and political chaos.
Shattered by the poison it serves.


Please join me on this journey of goodness and mercy...
how God has brought me to White Clay and the work He is doing.

Not by might - not by power but by my Spirit saith the Lord of Hosts.

Blessings
Rebecca

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting their story Rebecca, I have prayed for them all especially baby Passion. Thank you for being the warrior that you are and stepping into the front-lines to do God's work. You will be be in my prayers as well. The "Beauty For Ashes" title really caught my eye since I quoted this verse in my last post as I told the story of my own personal transformation 16 years ago. I hope you have a minute to visit. No pressure, I know you have your hands full.

    In His Love,
    Irma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rebecca, how sad and moving. God thirsts for these souls. Bless you for being his hands and feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca,

    You could not come away without being transformed anew. What blessed work you are doing. I anxiously await your stories.
    much love
    z

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes out, and so do my prayers. May the Lord bless and strenghten you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been praying for you my sweet! Take care and know that the Lord is doing wonderful things through you!
    I love you girl!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a moving post! It brought tears to my eyes seeing the hopelessness on the faces of these dear people that God loves so much. I pray God will bless you as you serve Him amongst these people and that they will find peace and hope in Him. Blessings to you! Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite scriptures! Such a touching post! WOWED me with the overwhelming presence of the Lord as I was reading this. Urgency to pray! Thanks for sharing this! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to reading more Rebecca, thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an amazing experience it was for me to share these days with you in Whiteclay. the day after you left eli had a seizure on the front porch. it was so heartbreaking. When he came out of it he was just calling how to god grand father grandfather you want me come and get me....I want to come home to you grandfather. the next moment he was saying he needed to stay there to be a light for his brothers on the street. That he is.

    I will never forget our prayer time and our laughter. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soon on my way to Alaska and expect to meet people like this...I'm so glad you've shared, Rebecca...Iron sharpens iron and I have been sharpened by your service to these people.
    Praying for them right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rebecca, my name is Bethany I am from a small Indian reservation on the Idaho/Nevada boarder. I can appreciate the work you are doing, yet also want to say a lot of good happens of reservations. There are people who strong and sober, we must tell their stories too. Thank you for you willingness to visit Pine Ridge & expose such a raw truth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just read KC's post and combined with yours it pulls at my heartstrings at the despair of these people and the hope you share with them. Blessings on your continued ministry to these precious people. Keeping you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog through my dear friend, Mary, of Mary's Meanderings. I'm so glad I did. I was blessed - and deeply moved - by this post. My heart breaks for the 'lost' people in our part of the world. Every time I visit a ministy, I want to stay! I will pray for KC and the dear people there and look forward to hearing more. God bless you for being obedient when He nudged your heart to go.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.