HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Not By Might...

Hello
I am finally home now after 2 weeks of traveling and I have to admit it is good to be home. I had a wonderful time with my lovely mother and it was so good to see my daughters and grand daughters. We had a short time together, it is never long enough. We celebrated birthdays and I even got to go to Sophie and Savannah's school for their annual carnival. 






My journey to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation started month's ago, actually years ago. There have been prayers going up for this 
First Nation by prayer warriors and mighty women and men of God for ages. I am just a part of that stream of prayers, which I was connected in and through the Holy Spirit in Christ Jesus. 
I had been talking to my friend, KC Willis who has been ministering to the Pine Ridge area for the past year. She is planning on going full time to this calling and selling her Lip Stick Ranch  business. 




She has rented a building in White Clay NE, which is right on the border of the reservation. My prior post was on White Clay. 




LightShine 


Her plans at the moment are to use this building as a much needed re-sale shop and art center for the Reservation residents. 
Plans for this shop are to sell quality used items at affordable prices to those that need it, while maintaining the dignity of choosing and purchasing what they need and bringing it home in a pretty package. So they might be a part of commerce, either at the resale shop or in the art center. The art center will enable learning an art skill while having the capability of selling it online at the center. 
This seemed to be right down my alley and so praying about this, I felt the Lord's leading to somehow be apart of this in a small way.
... so this is my journey, I collected a car and trailer full of goodies, thanks to my family and friends and headed 16 hours to
 South Dakota... land of my childhood.





Loading...




Unloading...


The re-sale shop will have 3500 sq feet




Pastor Joe... youth minister. A heart for the young that God is using in a tremendous way.



So much work to do... sort and fold



Beautiful helpers!









 Home Sweet Home for our stay








It had a beautiful view of the prairie...









God is here... in this forgotten land.  He has not forgotten this Nation that has been swept aside. He is sweeping this land by His Spirit and healing this broken Nation... one lovely Lakota spirit at a time.





For I see a hovering over this land, angels standing in wait to go to war for this Nation that has seen no hope for so long. A remnant of people still strong in spirit, a healing that will bring a new beginning with this seventh generation.
 For it is not by might, nor by power,  but by my Spirit, saith the Lord of Hosts.
(Zech 4:6)



Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints-- Eph 6:10-18




God brought me here to learn, help and to minister.
Please join me on my next post and meet some lovely Lakota women with warrior spirits.
Blessings
Rebecca

17 comments:

  1. May HE bless you my dear friend for reaching out to more of HIS children -For being HIS hands & feet!I think our purpose here is in vain if we can not do this...
    See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful thing to do You are a sweet lady and I am happy to know you.

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca,
    You are on a beautiful journey.They are very lucky to have you there.And I am sure you are so thankful to be there.God is guiding you and watching over you.
    Your Grandchildren are beautiful!


    ((Hugs))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the level of KC's commitment to this mission is amazing. I just know she will succeed with all the support and prayers and helping hands like yours. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journey will be such a blessing for you and for all those you are helping, May God continue to bless your work.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. R.E.,
    From the first photo to the last...His presence is seen and felt. Amazing grace. You are a true warrior.
    XO
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Rebecca,
    Your beautiful spirit alwayes shines through all you do, and in this journey even more than ever. I only know little about what life those wonderful people share, but have read at KC`s blog and now yours, and can see they just need about everything,- : love,hope, and all dayes nesesitives- and you two beautiful women are trying hard to just give them that.
    You are blessed with a beautiful soul, and uses it in the hands of God.
    Love you dear.
    Blessings, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe...enjoyed this post so much today! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am enjoying your journey Rebecca and am so happy you are sharing!
    I have gotten so many compliments on my new necklace, thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rebecca, such a powerful post. We tend to get lost in creating beauty and miss out on the beauty that exists around us. Beautiful photos, precious people, extraordinary love. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well... I'm trying this again... my last comment disappeared before I finished?!? *LOL* What a Beautiful Post and Beautiful Grandchildren! The Ministry Work you are doing will Bless many. Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Rebecca, I have been following your blog for about a month. Thank you for sharing what God is doing in your life, and where He is leading you. Your journey to minister to the Lakotas has been truly touching my heart, as well as the scripture you have been sharing along the way; and I have shared it with others as well, in hopes that they will be encouraged to pray for you and the people you are serving. May God grant you His courage, strength, hope, discernment, and wisdom for this journey He has you on. You know that as long as you are in His will, you will be okay. No matter the challenges and struggles.

    Blessings, from Celita, in Italy

    (born and raised Pennsylvanian) ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your journey is so bitter sweet. You are so right about the forces of evil that surround us. God has sent his angels to remain with us, our prayers will get us through the final journey. I volunteer for our biggest thrift center that directly serves the poor in my city. There is never enough of anything, volunteers included. If we all do our part by going out to serve the poor we can make a difference.
    Thank you for sharing such a lovely story. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a brilliant plan. It sounds as though she has become a friend to them before she endeavoured to make the store.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You had a very full two weeks, and those grand daughters are beautiful.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rebecca,
    Wow, what a beautiful thing KC is doing, & how great that you have joined her in her new calling. I love seeing the miracles that happen when people get together & change lives! I wish I could help in some way. I don't have much extra money at the end of the month but maybe I could do something? Your heart must have been full when you returned home to your sweet family.
    Love & Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.