HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Sunday, June 10, 2012

French Market


Hello
I hope everyone had a great weekend and you are enjoying the wonderful weather. Summer seems to have gotten off to an early  start this year and I am not complaining. I love it. I know you Texas gals probably don't agree with me however.  My hubby was in the Dallas area last week on business and sat at the airport for 4 hours delayed while the storms went through from the cold front that dropped your temps to a cool 92 degrees...
I myself had a lovely weekend... I went to Indiana to visit my good friend Donna
She is very busy with all the details of the event she produces at Horton's in Tipton, The French Market.  It is always fun and heart warming to visit the Jenkins household. Thank you so much for such a fun weekend. 


 I brought a load down for the market and to look at my space I will be selling in. It was good to see Karen and Tim Horton and their beautiful daughter Holly. This event just gets better and better each year and sooo much fun!
I have been working away in the studio making treasures to bring for this event. This year I am having so much fun with everything I am doing.  I am busy giving some things a new look...



Yes, I am trying Annie Sloan again... more on that later.






 The theme this year is The Heart of Provence so I have been working within a color palette of lavender, heather and gray.
My space will be in one of the green houses at Horton's, so I have decided to go with a Studio Apartment theme. 
Kind of  "Paris Atelier meets French Farmhouse".


Cool space... huh? I am going to have fun with this! 
In keeping with my theme and color palette, I have been painting.








I have fallen in love with this color palette... smokey heather and lavender with silver gray tones. I am thinking of redoing my bedroom in these colors now.
At the event many of us will be doing demonstrations and small classes on fun projects. I will have my easel set up and will be painting and I will also be doing a "make and take" project for an hour a day during the show.
Donna, bless her sweet heart thinks of every detail to make this not only a wonderful shopping experience but a day filled with the essence of France that takes you from small town America to the heart of France and all that it entails. 


We had so much fun sitting here each morning going over all the details of the show and bouncing ideas off each other. We are birds of a feather... Sunday morning we even were singing our favorite old hymns and praising God for such beauty. My favorite is, In the Garden and I'm Over Shadowed. What are yours?


She has the most beautiful gardens, it is her passion and it shows!
I so enjoyed having my coffee each morning while taking in all this.






Her infamous potting shed she calls "Tinker"



I took so many pictures, it was fun looking through the lens at all this beauty... enjoy!






















Thanks so much for such a wonderful stay! 
Please visit Donna at A Life Reclaimed 
to get more info on Horton's French Market in Tipton IN.
Blessings to you!
Rebecca

20 comments:

  1. Boy what a good time is going to be had by all Rebecca. I love that color palette also! Your painting is gorgeous by the way!

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i am bummed i won't be able to attend Horton's this year. I've never missed this event but we go to Kentucky this year on that weekend. Take lots of pics for me. Great job on the painting. Looks gorgeous and love the color scheme. Thanks for sharing donna's yard. Beautiful.
    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my, Rebeccan, you are just able to do everything, sweet friend. Your painting is the most beautiful lillacs, and the coulors perfect, dear.
    Thankyou for taking us there, with your wonderful photoes, the surroundings are fantastic.I wish you allthe best of luck and joy there.
    Blessings,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had such a wonderful time! Thank you for spending the weekend with us! It is always such a joy and we hate to see you go each time!
    I love the stack of treasures you have to bring( The chair you spoke of is fabulous!)and look forward to seeing it all come together!
    Have a wonderfully creative week! I pray you are inspired!
    Blessings and hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place to visit. I just love all your pictures. Your painting is just gorgeous-GORGEOUS! How wonderful that you will be set up in the greenhouse- perfect! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebecca, love all of your beautiful photo's, and OMG your painting is so beautiful!!!
    Hugs~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for a beautiful post!
    I am in love with your painting...it is inspiring me to dig out my oils!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL photos Rebecca!! I also am amazed at your gorgeous painting. What can't you do?? lol
    I know the french flea will be amazing!!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looove your photo's, wish i could be at that France Flea. Your painting is gorgious!
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rebecca, I can remember driving by Donna's , before I met her. I would tell my Teddy..that lady and her husband work all the time. :):) They do !! I am excited to go to the french market. See you there. Smiles, xo, Susie
    I like "the old rugged cross"

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing!!!!
    Oh MY Heavens!
    I would love to come to this event.
    That property is just so beautiful.
    What a great place to have a French Market.

    Have so much fun!
    Alison

    Is it open to the public, Rebecca?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you great success and a marvelous time at the show!! Loving your painting and such inspiring colors!
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This event sounds awesome!! Maybe one of these years I will be able to attend! Your friend Donna's place looks beautiful!!! seeing photos like that always make me wish I could live further out instead of in the city with neighbors and noise on top of me! What a blessing to have a friend that likes all the same stuff....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am your newest follower and thoroughly enjoyed all the beautiful images. Love the garden and your lilac painting. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rebecca,
    Thanks for sharing Donna's beautiful home & gardens with us. Love her shed! Your painting are wonderful, I also am drawn to that color combo. Would love to see a before & after of your bedroom! Good luck at Tiptons, wish I could come buy some of those treasures you showed.
    Lisa
    PS I've used 'In the Garden' in so many pieces of art, I also love Amazing Grace. My Grandfather was an Episcopal minister & that was his favorite hymn. I remember tearing running down his face every time he sang it, so that hymn is very close to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome post- great pics- so want that shed with the windows on top- boy, I must be the last person who has not tried the Annie Sloan paint!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to see you Tia is so counting the days....

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, this is the first time I have visited your blog and I am completely enchanted. That shelf you reclaimed is to die for! And the pictures of your stay are devine. Thank You for sharing your little bit of Heaven.
    territrinnaman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.