HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Horton's French Market or bust...


Hello
Just a short post to say I am sorry I have been missing here on my blog. I have missed getting around and seeing what all you have been up to. 
I have been frantically trying to get things done for the show coming up this next weekend. Horton's French Market.
It has been sooo hot and I have just been to tired to do much else.
But I am loaded and ready to head to Indiana in the morning... 
it is what it is!!! What's done is done and I can't do any more. So here is a little of what I have been doing.
The theme of the show is the heart of Provence. So my space I am creating is a French Atelier... kind of Provence meets Paris studio.
My color palette is lavender and silver gray.


When I think of Provence I think of linens and lavender, of fresh linens blowing in the breeze hanging on the line.




So I did a little hand dyeing...  linens and lace and ribbon








I carried the theme through by painting 6 foot panels of lace on the line... 




and of course spent some time in the garage painting and upholstering...


In 103 degree weather I might add...


I will be staying with my dear friend Donna of A Life Reclaimed who produces this wonderful event. We do have fun! 
And I am so looking forward to also seeing my good friend Theresa aka Tot of Time Worn Interiors
And my daughter Jody of LeFaded Fleur is coming - all the way from Washington! 
Just to mention a few... this will be a full and fun filled week!
I will take lots of pictures!
If you are somewhat in the 5 state area, come and see us... I promise this is going to be fun!


Blessings
Rebecca

22 comments:

  1. Hi my dear Rebacca, -
    I am mouthwatering over your beeautiful coloured fabrics, ribbons and laces, LOVE those lavender tones, -and your painted panel looks fantastic!
    I wish you a safe travel dear friend, and waits to see your stunning place from the artisan fair.
    Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Rebecca, your Hard Work certainly is Evident... that Color Palette is Divine and your Creative Touches are just Beautiful!!! And I can hardly wait until you give us a Preview of the Show!!! Only wish I could see it all in person! I can totally relate to the heat sapping energy and being exhaustive... so I commend you on getting so much accomplished in spite of the temperatures soaring! May the Show be a HUGE Success!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks beautiful, you are sure to be a hit! I love the lavender colors, and you lace hanging on the line is just gorgeous! Have a wonderful time, t.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. R.E.,
    I am absolutely gobsmacked at your process. I had no idea the lengths and attention to details you do. I knew the output was always gorgeous, but law at the work invested! And to think you did it in the heat!!! At least here in TX, we kinda get used to it after a while, but y'all don't usually get that hot...do you?
    It takes tremendous effort to do a show, but I swear up and down, you have shown me it takes more than that...it takes talent and vision.
    Be careful thumbing down the road. I wish I was packed in with your laces too. I wouldn't even mind looking like the Purple People Eater when I got there if it meant hanging with the three of y'all.
    Love, love, love your thought process.
    XOXO
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for hortons rebecaa... you always have an amazing attention to detail and bring the most beautiful things. I am always inspired by you....hugs
    tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Rebecca I am going to miss Horton's this year :-( We will be visiting a friend in Kentucky for his 60th birthday. Looks like you've got some wonderful hand-mades, as usual. Have a great weekend.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been a busy, busy girl! Looks like you have lots of wonderful items to sell. I hope you have a wonderful show- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh...I wish I was closer...I am so loving anything lilac right now! Hope your show is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great trip Rebecca and a wonderful show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl I'm so excited about the show I can hardly stand myself! We got the van finished loaded today and I will finish the RV tomorrow! I can't wait to spend time with you and Donna!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo Who Girlie!
    We are going to have fun, fun, fun! This is it! My last show (from the producers stand point anyway...:) and I am pumped! I am loving your color palette...it makes my toes curl up and want to sink right into it! Lavender has been my favorite color for 30 years and I still get giddy when I see it!
    Things are really jumping here and all that's missing was you...now all is perfect!
    It is what it is...is wonderful!
    Much Love
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the peek ~ hoping you'll be sharing lots more of the show!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rebecca,
    I have put my painting on hold in all of this heat.I can't imagine being outside painting.Your booths will all look amazing.Love your theme too! Best wishes to you all!Have a safe and fun trip!
    (((Hugs)))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. All that beauty made in that heat.....you poor thing. I know you and Donna will be a big hit!

    hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lavender and lace! Lovely! Those hand dyed items came out in shade beautiful shades of purple. Just gorgeous! Wishing you all the best, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lavender and lace a beautiful combination. Love it all, Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just lovely! Thanks for sharing!! ~ Terri

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your colors are lovely! Thanks for sharing! Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  19. Romantic and enchanting....Your colors are wonderful!
    Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful post, lovely in lavendars. Just stopping in for Where Bloggers Create event.?

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.