HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Monday, December 24, 2012

From Our House to Yours


Merry Christmas

As I write this I am home in Minnesota for Christmas. 
We traveled yesterday and got to my moms in the afternoon.
 It is always good to be home. 
Each year I cherish it more and more. 
It is wisdom that comes from walking this earth this long and coming to know... time is fleeting and things can change in the blink of an eye.
We will all be together this year... a gift, a most precious gift.

It will be a white Christmas here, they got quite a bit of snow a week ago but usually there is more snow here. 
Chicago only had a dusting before we left, so you won't see snow in these pictures. (Warning, there are many pictures, I just couldn't post any sooner this year)

So this is Christmas
And what have we done?
Another year over
And a new one just begun
And so this is Christmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear ones
The old and the young
A very merry Christmas
And a happy new year
Let's hope it's a good one
without any fear
And so this is Christmas
for weak and for strong
For rich and the poor ones
The world is so wrong
John Lennon

The world this week has surely been wrong, but there is a hope and only one hope that came to us 2000 years ago to show us a better way to live. 
But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.
Gal 4:4
I am challenging myself this Christmas to try and leave this world a little better for being here. To smile a little more at strangers, to love those that are unlovable, to help those in need, to spread the joy of Christ all year long. But most of all... to love God with all my heart.
I am dwelling on the simple message this year that Jesus brought 
to
LOVE

I am sending my love to all of you in blogland 
from our house to yours... and as always with

Blessings




















































































































Blessings,
Rebecca

17 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Rebecca, and a big thank you for the wonderful Christmas photographs. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, Thank you for the tour of your beautiful home. I love the big tree and the room it's in , so pretty. I hope your Christmas is full of joy and love. You are right about how quickly our lifes can change. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the peace and joy that only comes from the Greatest Gift ever given- JESUS.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures of your home- enjoyed the tour very much!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Rebecca!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. PURE ENCHANTMENT my beautiful friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything is magical!!!!
    sending much love for Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Rebecca.
    May you have a wonderful and peaceful one and a very happy New Year.

    Blessings
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Rebecca, have a wonderful Christmas with your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moments are fleeting. Let those who are important in your life know you care and love them. In a flash they can be gone and the chance is also gone. My husband was with me one day and then, gone. Sometimes I wish I could have one more chance to express my love.
    Live your chance now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best Christmas post I've seen. Beautiful and meaningful! I will be back tonight to linger a little longer in your candle lit rooms and to reflect on the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. R.E.,
    Your home is such a beautiful reflection of you. My wish for the coming year is to actually get to step foot in it. Change that to my prayer to see it.
    I love the tree. It's like something out of an old photo or movie.
    My goal this year is much like yours...to keep Christmas going not just a day or month, but all year long. It shouldn't be the "season" of giving, but the "seasons".
    Miss you and love you.
    God's blessings on you and yours.
    XO
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are truly blessed and highly favored, cherish this precious time with all your loved ones, it is indeed a gift.
    Your home is a visual treat for us all, so happy that you share it with us.
    I'm wishing you a happy, healthy and blessed new year!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful, I love your style and know it comes from your heart. Happy New Year, Di

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad to be able to catch up with you here, a most loving and magical postRebecca. I am glad you had the trip home and trust God protected you all in your journey and visit home. We have so much to be grateful for even when things are a mess, wrong.I am reminded of John14:27
    Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
    Plalm 91:4
    He shall cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you shall take refuge.

    I am encouraged by scripture daily, to love, it is so hard sometimes.

    I am glad you are here, and blessed, and loved.
    Southern Hugs
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  14. ~ Belated Christmas Greetings ~

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful home...so warm and inviting! What a beautiful message to love more. A little goes a long way!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  15. ~ Belated Christmas Greetings ~

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful home...so warm and inviting! What a beautiful message to love more. A little goes a long way!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous holiday home.
    Blessings to you.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  17. This has to be the most beautiful blog post I've ever seen. I'm bookmarking it so I can return with a cup of tea on a gloomy day and bask.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.