HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

For the love of Painting

Hello
Yes... I am still alive and have not forgotten you. 
I don't know about you but it is getting harder to blog these days. To be honest I feel my life changes are not what you want to hear about. 
I don't have a shop anymore and rarely do shows, so my antiquing days are few and far between. 
My traveling has been minimal and I am not in my studio this winter because of a heating problem...
 so what have I been doing? 
Well, I have picked up the brush again and I am trying my hand at oil painting. 
I have painted mostly with acrylics and that has been mostly small projects to sell or display backdrops.
I have found a challenge in oil on canvas and only hope to get better at it with each project. 
I really haven't found my style yet but I am having fun experimenting.


This oil is called Overshadowed


During the whole process of painting her the song that my father used to sing kept running through my head... I'm overshadowed by His mighty love.



Playing with the camera


This next one just comes from my love of lambs


It was inspired from the 23rd Psalm and it is called
He Restores My Soul

Tend My Sheep
This also comes from loving sheep... it was inspired from
 Jn 21:16  He said to him a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love thee. He said to him, "Tend my sheep."




This was a birthday present for my daughter, my grandson
Jesse


Lion of Judah

I am working on a landscape painting as a wedding gift for my dears April and Russell, who's wedding I was honored to officiate last month. April is my gal Donna's daughter of which, if you visit here often you know we are fast friends.


So those are my projects that I have been working on this winter along with helping design 




My daughter and her husband along with partners just opened this fabulous art and photography gallery
Creator Gallery is my daughters dream realized, it is her vision to have a gallery that focuses on a place to gather to feel inspired and encouraged. I have been thrilled to work with her on this project and I am so proud of her fortitude and accomplishment. 




 Opening Night
Opening night events included a ribbon cutting ceremony with the Mayor of North Aurora IL cutting the ribbon.


 The evening included a demonstration in acrylic painting, fabulous works of art, acoustic guitar, food, drinks and plenty of laughter. It was well attended, the gallery was filled to capacity and you gotta love that!


Kerri and Laura partners in Creator Gallery with Jody.


Jody and James, my son and oldest daughter. All the kids came for the event and it was so good to spend time with them.


My youngest daughter Jennifer... life imitates art!


Nicole



James and Scott, my son in law owner of Creator Gallery.


Fooling around



Jody, Nicole and Sarah... cops


It was a fun event and we will look forward to many more. 
If you are interested in upcoming events check out
There are workshops coming soon also.
I will be doing workshops beginning in March, I will post on those later.

I hope all of you are having a wonderful winter. The holidays have past and we have gotten through January, which is always the hardest part of winter for me. Here in Chicago it is mostly gray skies and I have a hard time with it. I finally broke down and bought a light box and it seems to be working some... either that or it is a good placebo. 
But there is nothing like the Arizona sun to lift your spirits... 
which I will be going the end of the month... going to paint me some cactus :)
Blessings to you
Rebecca


29 comments:

  1. Congrats to your family. What a great thing. I love art. Your paintings are very good Rebecca. I think April will love the painting, I sure would. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rebecca, I think your paintings are just wonderful, so inspiring!! Love "overshadowed" and Lion of Judah. I think they will be very much snapped up. The gallery looks wonderful. It must be such a good feeling to see your children love art as much as you do. Hope everything is a huge sucess. You don't have to "do" much for us on a post, just love hearing your sweet perspective on life and your encouragement as we all struggle to find our mission and what we are to be about. I can identify with the gloomy skies thing, I really struggle when the sun doesn't shine for several days. But, Spring is coming..... Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca. It's great to see your blogpost today. Your painting are really beautiful and inspiring. I love the sheep ones and the one "Lion of Judah". The art gallery is beautiful. I enjoyed seeing photos of your lovely family. I hope you keep up with the painting as it can be very therapeutic. Soon the days will be getting longer and all our spirits will pick up. Blessings to you. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your paintings are gorgeous, the Lion of Judah, the landscape, the lamb, and your family is gorgeous also. The gallery sounds like a place for people to gather and be uplifted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I'm awe struck!! Each one is just perfection! oh those lambs, Rebecca, I just adore them! What a wonderful endeavor and blessing for your family with the gallery. I love hearing what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful paintings Rebecca! Your work is amazing!Your family is beautiful you are very blessed!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is just a series of seasons we pass through. I think, my dear friend, it is your season to paint. They are lovely indeed. :)
    xx
    Shell and the bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are a natural....at everything you do really. Love all your paintings:-)

    Have fun in Arizona and send some of that warmth my way!

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's wonderful to see you and hear about your new endeavors and adventures. I like very much your painting Overshadowed. It is very poignant and quite symbolic of your faith.
    Have a wonderful safe and sunny trip to AZ. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. so wonderful to see what you have been up to!!
    what a creative endeavor for your family
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you are doing something that pleases you. I was trying to remember what state you live in. You are a very good painter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is good to see your inspiration through our LORD. I thank Him daily for still being able to create and to have that freedom. Praises to you and your family! ART is also my life gift! Yeah for artists.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello sweet one! I was shocked when I awoke this morning to see that you had posted!
    I love your latest work!
    I had seen all but Jess and The road to April and Russell's~ brilliant!
    So very glad that you have been doing what you are intended to do!
    You are such a talented lady and wonderful friend! I am so glad the Lord brought you into my life!
    Much love to you!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, Rebecca! You are such a talented artist! I adore the sweet lambs and the stunning landscape painting you did. So beautiful! What a gift God has blessed you with. :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your paintings are wonderful - such talent you have. You have truly been blessed with talent. And what a gift to have a gallery in the family. The gallery is so pretty, love those barn doors. They give it such character.
    I know what you mean about blogging. I almost gave it up at the end of last year, but found a new format that I enjoy more than always trying to come up with something new that I'd made or bought. That was exhausting and now I just hope that my posts bring a ray of sunshine to someone's day, because pretty pictures (even though they are not my own) always make me smile.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you posted. I was thinking about you the other day and wondered how you were doing. So you're not doing markets anymore? Wow..what a life change! You are a wonderful painter. What a gift. I've been doing a lot of painting too...of a different kind....walls, ceilings.....augh! Glad to see you are enjoying time with your family and the Lord!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's nice to see your talents taking you in different directions. You are growing with every passing day.
    Wonderful work.
    x
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dearest Rebecca,
    you are truly a wonderfully gifted artist, what amazing paintings you have done.
    And Congratulations to your daughter and son in law with this new adventure. The place looks wonderful, so light with the wooden floor. I hope it will be a great succes for them-and all of you.
    So wonderful to see a post from you again, my friend. I wish you a happy weekend.
    Blessings,
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rebecca,
    Your new work is exquisite. Is there anything you cannot do? Such a huge talent. I feel the same about Jody. As if she isn't busy enough, now her dream gallery. It's beautiful, love the look of it. Maybe someday I'll see it in person.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, blessed and inspired by your paintings. T

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such beautiful work, Rebecca. The Lord is truly working through you with this amazing gift He has bestowed upon you.
    May He continue to bless you and yours.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your paintings are amazing! And what fun having a gallery! Sounds like you've found new directions!
    Have a wonderful week!
    sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my Overshadowed is beautiful!!!! Well, they all are but that one really touched me. So much talent you have....!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very beautiful and I am even more interested in your adventures and epiphanies. Tell us more. CM

    ReplyDelete
  25. Rebecca your paintings are truly beautiful to me! "Overshadowed" is exceptional. What a haunting face she has!!!
    We had some freaky weather here in Phoenix yesterday!!! It snowed and hailed!! Not just a little bit either... enough that some of it was still on the ground. I wouldn't worry though... I'm sure the weather will beautiful for your visit!!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness, what talent you have! And such a lovely family. I wish you much success. My daughter is a fine arts major and I am going to tell her about this post. She would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful! It's good to change directions now and then! Your Paintings are lovely! And what fun to be involved in designing your daughter and son- in-laws gallery! It was good to hear from you again too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations to your Daughter, I know you must be so Proud! And if I Painted as Beautifully as you then the Change to become a full time Artist and Create Masterpieces like this would be what I'd fully throw myself into! Your Paintings are Lovely and I particularly Love the one with the Lamb being Cradled. For me Blogging is a Respite and Retreat from full time Caregiving and how complex the rest of Life can get when you have a lot going on, so I look forward to my Happy Little Bloggy Place and the Creative Outlet and Virtual Socializing it affords me... much cheaper than Therapy! *Winks* Hugs and Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  29. Is the piece with the mother and baby lamb still for sale? If so how much is it? I am EXTREMELY interested in that piece!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.