HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Friday, November 20, 2015

Taking time for me... in Alaska

Hello,
I want to thank all of you that left such encouraging words and thoughts on my husbands passing. Even though I might not have written all of you, I want you to know how much I appreciate you.
Thank you...
I am settling into somewhat of a routine and the house is starting to feel comfortable. I have been blessed with beautiful, thoughtful, and loving family and friends that have shown me so much love.




My family, celebrating my mother's 90th birthday this fall.

They have not only been here for me but have worked hard to help me get the house ready to sell in the spring. We've been painting and repairing, you know those projects that keep getting put to the back burner. 
A larger project was a new roof and repairs, cleaning the basement which filled a 20 yd. dumpster and cleaning the attic.




 Painting and ceiling repair


I like the end result, I think the warm grey was perfect for this light filled room.






I still have a lot of work ahead of me as you may know if you have followed this blog... I have a lot of stuff!  It hasn't been that many years since I had the shop and I still have a garage full, but I am slowly sifting and will be selling everything. My plan is to go into something very small that is easy upkeep, as I want to go into ministry full time. I have a call to the mission field on my life and I want to follow my dream that I feel is my destiny in my Kingdom walk.


Haiti 

With all that, I got the opportunity to travel with some very dear friends to Alaska, a little girl time is good for the soul. 
I had not been there before but my friend Nancy has been there many times, her daughter went to school there. 
So we were blessed to see Alaska through her eyes. 
Such a beautiful place. 




Just a sample of Alaska through my lens...















































































Over the Mountains...
Over the Sea...
Here you come running, my lover to me.
When I feel the cold of winter and this cloak of sadness, 
I need you.
All the evil things that shake me, all the words that break me, 
I need you.
Over the Mountains... 
Over the Sea... 
Here you come running, my lover to me.
Do not hide me from your presence, pull me from these shadows,
I need you.
Beauty, wrap your arms around me, sing your song of kindness,
I need you.
Over the Mountains,
Over the Sea,
Here you come running, my lover to me.
All through the valleys, through the dark of night, here you come running to hold me 'til its light. 
Hold me 'til its light... I'll come running, come running, come running, come running back to you...
(Song of Solomon by Jesus Culture)

Blessings,
Rebecca

10 comments:

  1. I might need to come see you...and rent a uhaul for the trip back. ;-) So many beautiful things in your home, Rebecca. Haiti or whatever mission you work with is going to be so blessed. God is good. I'm glad to hear the life in your voice (per se). Much love from Texas! ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you as you do what you feel you are called to do. They say when one door shuts another opens and it looks like God has opened a door for you to walk right through. I know you must have moments of deep sorrow but you look suffused with joy on your trip. Blessings to you and keep us posted. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you all the favor and blessings He can give you, Rebecca. That is such a special calling - to be a missionary. Wherever you go, God will be there, blessing you. All of us are called to a unique thing. I am blessed just knowing you and my prayer is that you always walk girded with Truth, and secure in His will.
    Thank you for everything you have shared with me.
    Your friend and sister in Jesus,
    Zahava

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post, Rebecca. I'm glad to see that you are following your calling. I'm blessed to know you. xxoo, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you are doing well. Its wonderful that you are going into missions full time. Of course, you've been on a mission field even at home for a long time. If you have a sale, let me know. I will come and help. And probably buy. =}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy to hear you are moving on in life. It is difficult at time and some days will be weepy. After 3 years I still have those. But the memories you hold on to will lighten your heart and bring you smiles. Keep on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca,

    I had no idea that you lost your husband and I am sending my condolences. I am so, so sorry. I'm glad you have your lovely family around you and I think your trip to Alaska must have been very healing. The photos are beautiful. Please tell me you had a zoom lens when you captured the pics of the bears!!

    All my love,

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to read of your recent loss of your husband. My heart aches for you. I lost my dear husband 9 Dec. 2012. I miss him every single day, but life goes on, and God is my strength continually.

    God's blessings on you as you start out on this next part of your earthly journey.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are continuing on your journey and I know that you will be a blessing to many more than you have already graced. I think of you often and wish you well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rebecca, I think of you often. I saw Donna Jenkins this year at Horton's. I miss you girls blogging. I can see you have been a busy lady. It broke my heart to hear about your husband. I just want to send prayers and hugs to you. Blessings to you and your children, hug your mom for me, I miss my own mother. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.