HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

May Your New Year be filled with...


GRACE




With the beginning of each new year we all tend to look back at the year ending and evaluate the sum of it. 
Focusing on what we didn't accomplish and making a resolution to change, with our new list posted on the refrigerator we again set ourselves up for failure.
 Not that lists are bad but when we turn it into the law or the ten commandments of 2014 we are doomed to fail.
 Now there are individuals out there that are naturally disciplined and do very well with lists, I however am not one of them. Those of us who are not so inclined tend to beat ourselves up and try to do better... and those that are naturally organized with lists tend to look at those that aren't and shake their heads, wondering how we get anything done.
 Not understanding that the list is there, it is just in our head, and the priorities on the list change from moment to moment.
No matter if you are a list maker or a list avoid-er, I would like to challenge you and myself for the new year with a one word list,
 GRACE... 
an unmerited gift or favour, goodwill, forgiveness that is not deserved.
The law only brings condemnation, whenever we put ourselves under the should's and should not's we eventually will fall short of our expectations. 


GRACE never looks back, it always goes forward.

Phil. 3:13     No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus has called us.

GRACE forgives.
This year I am going to practice GRACE on me. If I practice grace for myself with encouraging self talk instead of criticizing myself, maybe I then can pass it on to others.
 Practice makes perfect. What I practice I become.
 I first have to give myself slack before I can give it to others. When I am hard on myself, I am hard on others.
To start the day with grace means to start with the word. 
I start my day with a cup of coffee with the Lord and my bible. It sets my day.
I also have my alarm set throughout the day to stop and pray. Not that I don't usually have an ongoing conversation with my Lord but the alarm reminds me to stop, sit and be still.

Isaiah 40:31 Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain strength; they will mount up with wing like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.

The result of GRACE is a thankful heart.
Along with grace comes thankfulness. To live in a grateful attitude brings joy. In order to live in a grateful attitude you need to see the small things in life. 
I started a gratitude journal last year to help me notice the everyday things we tend to skip over. In order to notice the moment to moment things around me, I had to slow down. By keeping a journal it taught me not only to see things in the moment but to become more aware of my surroundings. I don't know how many times I walk to the car with my head down and head swimming with what I need to get done. 
Stop. Look up, breathe in the air and see the bird singing or the snowflakes floating down... In that moment be thankful.  
Search for God. You have to be looking to see a "Glory Moment".

Know who you are because of God's GRACE.
Decree and Declare each day who you really are if you are 
In Christ:
I am complete in Christ.  Colo. 2:9
I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ. Hebrews 4:14
I am free from condemnation. Romans 8:1
I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances. Romans 8:28
I am free from any condemnation brought against me and I cannot be separated from the love of God.  Romans 8:31
I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me. Phil. 1:6
I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Tim. 1:7

With so much coming at us in a day through the computer, television and radio... be wise.  Watch and be selective what you listen to.  Music goes right to the soul... sing   sing   sing!
I put my praise music on in the studio and I sing with the angels (which I am sure use earplugs). I also use that time to listen to past scripture teachings or books on audio.

Phil. 4:8    Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think on these things.



Bible Verses for the New Year
Philippians 4:13 
 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
2 Corinthians 5:17
 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
Psalm 20:4 
 May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
Lamentations 3:22-24
 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassion's never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."
Psalm 51:10
 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Jeremiah 29:11
 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Proverbs 16:3 
 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
Proverbs 19:21
 Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
Romans 12:1-2 
 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will.
1 Chronicles 16:34
 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 23:6 
 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Proverbs 3:5-6 
 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Romans 8:28
 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
1 Peter 3:15
 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.
Hebrews 10:23  Let us hold unswerving to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.


Finally, I want to thank you for the grace you have shown me here on my blog.
 I have been putting my efforts into other avenues this past year and I appreciate those of you who still visit now and then. I will try and be here more often in 2014. 
Wishing you a New Year filled with the promise we have in Him.
Blessings
Rebecca

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Rebecca, just what I needed to hear! God has been speaking, "GRACE", to me for the past year. I think there's a lesson here for all of us. Thank you so much for sharing. I'll be going back to your blog for encouragement. I just thought of the verse, "Let us then approach the throne of GRACE with confidence, that we may receive mercy and find GRACE to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16 The very throne room is GRACE and there because the Grace-giver is there, we find GRACE to help wherever we are and whatever the need. So thankful for his grace!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Begin the day, year and life with grace, grace in the middle and grace at the end. Your word is a beauty, and the Scriptures you list. Have a blessed 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you, Rebecca! Your blog is always filled with GRACE and LOVE. I hope your New Year is a wonderful, blessed one- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post! His Grace is always enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my R.E. This is probably the best post I've read for the new year. Each word, verse, punctuation mark resonated in me. I know it was God speaking to me through you and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in feeling this way.
    Two things I'm taking away today...a feeling of hope and the need to buy a journal. Not to be flip, but I'm taking a page out of your book and am going to start writing down all the little things as well. I see them, but sometimes I forget how important they are.
    God bless you my beautiful friend.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Rebecca! Such a good post! I hope you don't mind if I share a link to your blog and this post. I need to print it off and refer to it often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength"......this is my dd's school's gospel theme this year. It's just beautiful, as is your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen and amen! A truly blessed New Year to you and your family!!!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rebecca, Don't you love it when God speaks to you through others exactly when you need it most? This post is exactly what I needed. All of it speaks to me in a way that I really, really needed to hear. I'm so glad you share your heart with your readers.
    Take care & God bless,
    Lana

    P.S. I love the verse from Ecclesiastes in your side bar, too! I've been drawn to it recently, reading it over and over nearly every time I open my Bible to read.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.