HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Is it Spring yet?

Is it Spring yet? Second week in April and we get a snowstorm...it was so bad I couldn't see driving home last Sunday. So glad it warmed up this week and it feels like we might be done with winter! I will be soooo happy when we get some 70 degree weather...another thing that makes me happy is a good project and I am having fun doing one at the shop. I am doing a new display area next to the little Paris shop for the new line of clothing coming in this week.







I put wallpaper up and aged it by sanding it and glazing some sections. I made a Couture sign from old ads out of a 1919 magazine and old trims.










I covered this canopy with old fabric and lace and it will go up on the wall with a chandelier under it.





Finally finished...




and we are getting more clothing in everyday -- so come in and check it out.










My next project is the dressing room. There is a small bathroom near the clothing that I have been using as storage. It is ugly with white thin paneling and a noisy fan that goes on with the light...I hate the sound of a fan, anyway all the paint in the world will not fix this room. So with a huge inventory of vintage fabrics it just makes sense to cover the walls in it. I will have fun with this project...I will keep you posted.






Here is the finished dressing room...





Blessings,

Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, if I am ever in the area I just have to stop by. Your shop is dreamy. I recently found your blog and haven't had the chance to go back and check older posts but that is what I am going to do now. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.