HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Monday, September 21, 2009

Welcome White Wednesday and Fall Party



I am honored to accept the Honest Scrap Award from Queen Bee !
Thank you so much, if you haven't visited her blog please do so - she is fairly new to blogland, as I am, and she has an awesome site and is such a sweetheart...
So for any of you that isn't familiar with this award;
I have to be totally honest about 10 things you might not know about me and then I pass the award to 7 bloggy friends that have influenced or helped me. They take the award and in turn tell 10 honest things about themselves and pass the award on to 7 etc...
So here goes:




1. I am an artist and preachers daughter - and have 1 sister and 1 brother.


2. I lost one of my brothers to a hunting accident when he was 18 years old,


3. I have been married 3 times and my husband and I have been married going on 20 years.

4. I have 6 children - I had 3 of them by the time I was 21 years old.


5. I hate water... don't like to drink it or swim in it.


6. I have gained 30 lbs in the last 2 years due to a thyroid problem and I hate it!


7. I dislike rainy days and love the sunshine.


8. My husband does the cooking - I quit after 6 kids and 30 years of it.

9. My favorite show is "Lost", other than that I am not a tv person.


Last but not least

10. I was fortunate to have been raised in the knowledge of the Lord and have known Him all my life.


I just want to say thank you for all your wonderful comments and encouragements these past months that I have met all of you wonderful blogging friends. It has been truly an honor to have met all of you and call you friends.

And now for the 7 wonderful bloggers who I think we should all get to know better and receive this award. It is up to you what you want to do with it, if you can't accept it--I understand --no problem otherwise here goes:
This award goes to those who have been such a support and a lovely influence on my blog:

My Desert Cottage

Bella Rosa

Faded Charm

Wizard Of Once Was

Common Ground

Verbena Nested Treasures

Tapestries Of Nature

Maynard Greenhouse

Please visit these blogs they are all wonderful from their pictures to their interesting posts.



White Wednesday
Welcome to White Wednesday hosted by Kathleen at Faded Charm be sure to visit her blog for more wonderful whites today!

I am cheating today and combining yesterdays Fall Party with today's White Wednesday. I have been busy at the shop bringing in Halloween and time is getting away from me. I will be posting Halloween later in the week.









Welcome to the Fall Party...
hosted by Rhondi at Rose Colored Glasses
Please stop by her blog to see a fabulous fall display.
My favorite time of year is Fall... although this year it is coming so fast, I don't know where the summer went...
I love the white pumpkins - they fit my color scheme much better than the orange so I try to decorate more in the neutral tones. The browns, rusts and creamy whites are more to my taste. It is a little early for white pumpkins around here but they are becoming available more this week and I will be getting more in the shop.





Some of my projects for fall...
I made these white vintage fabric pumpkins out of vintage lace and trims








Thanks so much for stopping by I always appreciate hearing from you and thank you Rhondi for a great party, I hope all of you have a great week.



Blessings,
Rebecca

40 comments:

  1. Oh my, I LOVE your white fabric pumpkins! They are absolutely to die for!!!
    Beautiful vignette!
    ~ Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job! And even with out the Autumn colors it still puts me in the mood for Fall! I really love it all!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful vignette ... so much yumminess!
    And those white fabric pumpkins ... to die for!!

    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am gobsmacked!!! So lovely,really,really lovely!! All the best,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the white lace pumpkins & they are displayed beautifully....charming vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebecca
    It's a challenge to decorate for fall without using the traditional fall colors and you rose to the challenge brilliantly! The fabric pumpkins are wonderful. Thanks for joining the party.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca, your fall decor is so beautiful. What lovely pumpkins you have made here. This display in your shop is just SO pretty. I think this shop would be a must see if I could ever get there.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm stopping by from the Fall party. I LOVE your beautiful vintage fabric pumpkins...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous fall display vignettes Rebecca. happy 1st day of Fall ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Hun!! I adore your little white pumpkins... gorgeous!! You've really got me in the Fall spirit. Hugs, Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Rebecca those fabric pumpkins are yummy!!!! I love the display. As soon as it cools down here some more I'll be ready to decorate for fall too. (it's still 100 degrees outside)

    Happy Fall!
    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your white pumpkins and fall items. I don't think I've visited you before, but I love what I can see of your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful things you have in your shop, and you are very talented with display too! I SO wish I could come see your store! I know what you mean... white pumpkins make me weak in the knees.

    Thank you for stopping by too.

    xoxox

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rebecca and Happy First Day of Fall! Oh, what pretties you have. Those fabric pumpkins you made are so pretty!
    Thanks for popping in to see my Fallness.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your pumpkins made of lace and fabric and findings .. they are stunning. Beautiful fall decor; who says it all must be orange? :-)
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  16. The white pumpkins are perfect for your decor.I enjoyed your slideshow as well.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an inspiring post...love the white pumpkins....Please stop by my blog I have a surprise for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The tablecloth in pic #3 (and #5) is beautiful! Everything looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Rebecca! How funny, you just commented on my blog earlier today, but I know you. Well, rather, I should say, I have met you and been to your store (once) and some of the home events you used to have. Your style is absolutely gorgeous!!! I didn't relize you have a blog...so great to find it :) Hope everything at your beautiful shop is going well! Have a great night!

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those pumpkins you made are beautiful! Love the tablecloths too!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  21. You did an outstanding job on those pumpkins just loved seeing your blog....just wonderful girl...May you have a great week...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love love love all things white, especially white pumpkins. Someday, when my boys are older, so much more of my home will be done up in white. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I'm on my way to peruse yours now too. And I already adore your pictures and style. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Rebecca, your pictures are absolutely charming!

    Happy Fall.

    Barb :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rebecca - thank you for stopping by my blog (Indulge Your Shelf) so that I get to visit you and see your wonderful white Fall stuff! Oh I love the vintage look you have going -- I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Rebecca,
    You've spoiled us again with another great post. It's also wonderful to get to know you better too. Thanks for asking me to play. Are you really sure you're ready to find out!!lol
    Oh by the way is that you in the picture???....those 30 lbs look fab on you! lol
    xo,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's great to get to know you a little better. Fun facts about your life and the fact that you have six kids and love God gives us something in common. I love your WW posts always.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful white fall decor! My daughter worked in Oak Brook for four years, but we are Florida girls :-) Happy Fall!

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for such a kind post on my blog....I enjoyed finding out a little about you...I myself have been married 3 times...I have found my prince! I noticed how your grandson had similar features to my son...wonderful souls they have....thanks for being who you are...and for sharing a little bit of yourself with the rest of us....

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh My!!!!!!Absolutely in love with your vignettes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. REBECCA, YOU WON MY CONTEST, GO ON OVER & GET YOUR MESSAGE :) GIO

    ReplyDelete
  31. Rebecca,
    I absolutely love that little table on the table with that beautiful lace...wow! Your take on Fall is so very pleasing to the eye! Wonderful WW as usual!
    My Best
    Gale
    PS you honor me...I'll try to do you proud!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I adore your white pumpkins...what a beautiful shop you have! I'm signing up to follow and I hope you check out my blog and do the same!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  33. Rebecca,
    Your fall decor is TO DIE FOR!!! Can we see more? It is so hard to find inspiration for white fall decor on the web. Rose from Bella Rosa sent me over.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my goodness - I've never seen such lovely decor!!! Love it, love it, love it!!! I have got to look into more "whites" - they're beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Rebecca! What a pretty blog you have. Thanks so much for your note on my dress form post. Yes, we have regular space at Kane. We are in the Main Building (where the cafeteria is). We are all the way at the far end. Come and say hello; if you can't find us, just check with Laurie at the information desk. xo

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Rebecca,
    Please forgive me for being so late getting around to your wonderful White Wednesday post. You ARE BLESSED with such a large family! I am a pastor's wife or rather former pastor's wife as he no longer pastors but does still preach from time to time. Love your white pumpkins and all your other whites! Love your blog; so wonderfully cozy! Please stop by and pay me a visit, won't you? I'd love to hear from you. It's very nice to 'meet' you. Have a beautiful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  37. You're really sweet lovely Rebecca! congratulations on the award! you received it and now you're giving it too. such a wonderful idea! a adore it and hope it works so we can meet more great people. love what you did with the pumpkins. beautiful autumn decor. thanks for inspiring me and have a lovely weekend,
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  38. Rebecca~

    Thanks so much for the award. I, too love your blog and style. Your shop looks so inviting and I wish I could come visit. I'll try to list the seven facts(lol) some time next week.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.