HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thanksgiving Table



ThanksGiving at the shop

Just a few shots of my Thanksgiving table at the shop...it seems Thanksgiving is passed by because we go right into Christmas.







**Twas the month before Christmas****When all through our land,* ***Not a Christian was praying* ***Nor taking a stand.* ***See the PC Police had taken away,* ***The reason for Christmas - no one could say.* ***The children were told by their schools not to sing,* ***About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.* ***It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say* *** December 25th is just a 'Holiday'.* ***Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit* ***Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!* ***CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod* ***Something was changing, something quite odd! * ***Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa* ***In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.* ***As Targets were hanging their trees upside down* *** At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.* ***At K-Mart and Staples and Penney's and Sears* ***You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.* ***Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty* ***Are words that were used to intimidate me.* ***Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen* ***On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton!* ***At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter* ***To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.* ***And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith* *** Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace* ***The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded* ***The reason for the season, stopped before it started.* ***So as you celebrate 'Winter Break' under your 'Dream Tree'* ***Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.* ***Choose your words carefully, choose what you say* ***Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS, **not Happy Holiday!***Please, all Christians join together and**wish everyone you meet**MERRY CHRISTMAS**Christ is The Reason for the Christ-mas Season! *
I don't know who wrote this little ditty, a friend of mine emailed it to me and I thought it well worth posting.
I don't know about you but I have about had it with all the political correctness... I am not going to give up my beliefs because someone else doesn't agree with them. And I do not expect them to give up theirs. But Christmas was based on a Christian belief that comes from the birth of our dear Saviour and so when you come into my shop you will hear MERRY CHRISTMAS...












Blessings
Rebecca




23 comments:

  1. Amen, Sister! I feel the same way. I'm tired of being attacked. I don't attack other religions so why is it OK to attack mine.

    My personal belief is that if you don't believe in Christ you should not celebrate Christmas. It's like living a lie and that is something I just don't understand.

    Hugs to you and blessings~

    Rebecca PS: Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca above used my exact phrase, so I'll echo what she says, "Amen, Sister"! I don't want anyone to try to make me feel bad, and take away my rights, just because they are not a believer!!!
    Love your White Thanksgiving table, I'm tired of orange, but it's too soon for me to go "totally" Christmas just yet. I'm doing "white" with some vintage gobblers thrown in!
    Big Hugs, love your store photos!!!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit it right on the head, Rebecca!! I hear ya!!

    Love, love your Thanksgiving table and like to see the pumpkins getting used for more than Halloween. I mean after all, they ARE gourds!!

    Have a great weekend! :-)

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's already been said, but can't be said enough...AMEN! Let us take a stand and keep standing until we are heard!
    Thanksgiving in your shop is just beautiful Rebecca!
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas indeed!
    Beautiful table my friend.
    bunny hugs,
    shell

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post - with a great message. Your pictures are beautiful as well inside your lovely shop. Have a blessed holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rebecca,

    Amen to that! It makes me so angry when political correctness takes over!
    Your shop and photographs are beautiful.

    Have a great weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca amor, all I can do is join the chorus and say...Amen. Besos, Rose

    P.S. I love your Thanksgiving table, how I wish one day...I can visit you and your store :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Thanksgiving table in your shop looks wonderful. Being in the U.K. we don't celenrate Thanksgiving but I wish you a wonderful day and, of course MRRRY CHRISTMAS. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that first pic.

    blessings and thanks for showing all the pretties.

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rebecca, what an awesome post...AMEN!!!! I so agree that our rights as Christians are being taken away and it's sooooo SAD!!! Thanks so much for posting this...I'm sending it on to friends and family. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rebecca! Your table is just lovely. I wish I was hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year so I could dress up my table.

    The wonderful Christmas ditty was not only very entertaining but it brought some tears to my eyes. I'm not positive why but I think because it was a reminder of how much we are losing in the name of "diversity".
    Have a wonderful week my dear!


    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amen! Thanks for sharing the poem. Have a nice week! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rebecca...I think we're all in unison here.. AMEN!! That poem actually brought a tear and made my blood boil all at the same time!! I'm with you girl!
    And now about your pictures...as usual you are so very talented! My goodness what beautiful settings and vignettes! Because we do two Christmas shows at Matildas, Thanksgiving seems to just get swept away...nice to see some very classy displays...I may have to steal (er borrow) some of you ideas for my own Thanksgiving!
    My Very Best to you, Rebecca,
    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen my friend!!! He is the reason for the season as they say (my kids like that one)!

    The shop looks gorgeous as always! I really am going to try and make it in before Christmas :)

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  16. A HEARTY "HEAR, HEAR" FROM ME TOO! AND "AMEN" TO ALL THE COMMENTS.


    JUDE

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic post! I join the others with a resounding Amen! Our country has gone way over the top with political correctness. If we, as Christians, don't take a stand, our rights to proclaim our faith will soon go the way of prayer in schools. The camel has his nose under the tent! This poem says it all too well.
    All of your photos are beautiful...as always! And a Merry Christmas to all.
    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the decor on those tables1
    You're soo talented dear Rebecca!
    Take care,
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amen indeed!!! What a lovely post..and your photos are magazine worthy!! All the best,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  20. AMEN!! Good grief its about time somebody spoke the darn truth...thankyou and God bless you & your blogland friends!And thankyou for the verse from Eccl.2:24. I really love that and just may post it too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well said!!! I can't and won't buy anything that even says Happy Holidays... It's gotta be Merry Christmas for me! I remember growing up and it was forbiddon to even shorten it with xmas so I won't even do that because it take Christ out of the picture. You have a beautiful blog, I just became a follower and am adding you to my blog roll. Happy Thanksgiving!~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent post, I love it when bloggers are not afraid to show their beliefs, I am with you 100%. I would like to have that to print out or forward. Holiday comes from Holly Day,,they must have missed that when they want "happy holidays" instead of Merry Christmas.
    May God Help us stay a free democracy.
    Love Marcie

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.