HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Starting Out the New Year 2010

2010... can you believe that?
My year started in Minnesota where I spent 2 weeks over Christmas and I have to say it was a wonderful needed time with my family. All my children were together and all of us under one roof is - should I say a little hectic. We were under blizzard conditions so we had to change our plans for Christmas and we all hunkered down (is that a word?) We even kidnapped my mother for 3 days and spent this Christmas all together and I mean together! Here is my family in all their glory and I thank the Lord for them everyday. Let me introduce my family...

The grandchildren all eight of them: Luke and Zach, Sam and Leah Branson; Sophie and Maddie Johnson; Savannah Samaraka; Jesse James Hernandez.


This wasn't easy getting them to sit still for these pictures let alone just to look at the camera! I must have a dozen shots of this picture and they are all too funny.

My son-in-law Tim and daughter Maddie the youngest of the tribe, with my daughter Jennifer - no they are not married- Tim and Maddie belong to Nicole...this all may get too confusing so I will not test you at the end of this long post :)



My son-in-law Scott and Zachary



Luke D...Zach and Luke are twins but you couldn't tell by looking at them



Savannah





Maddie our youngest




Maddie and her mom Nicole



My daughter Sarah and her husband Troy, they are mom and dad to Savannah.



Jesse James, his mom is daughter Jennifer.




My mother and I... oh and Ginger and Nutmeg we kidnapped mom's dogs too.



Jesse and James my son.


My lovely Mother Arlene



Sarah and Jody showing off their new snuggies



Jody



Nicole and Jennifer and yeah and does anyone notice the baby????



Showing off new jammies...


Luke and his mom Kerri


Zach-a-smack



Opening Presents





Nicole and Maddie


Sam



Princess Savannah



Grandpa with Sophie and Leah




Getting ready to go outside and play in the snow...this was an ordeal but they stayed out a long time and you will see the fun they had.







SNOWANGELS



My son James making snow sculptures





You can't have a Minnesota snowstorm without snow fun!







Sam



James and Savannah making a small snowmonkey





James worked hard on the snow tunnel that the kids went sliding through...



Those are snowflakes not snowballs... Jody and Jennifer


Sliding through the tunnel


Jesse with mom Jennifer
















Making snowangels...yes that is bare skin brrrrr.




Savannah and Sophie - little snowangels







Well, this isn't exactly the post I had planned but because of all my internet problems I have had lately I improvised. I still havn't gotten my PC up and running so please bear with me. It has really been frustrating but it is a good lesson in patience.
So starts 2010... I couldn't have asked for more. I am a thankful person.
I also want to say what a pleasure it has been this past year getting to know all my new found friends here in blogland, it has been such a wonderful surprise to have met such caring and talented women, the Lord bless each and everyone of you in this coming new year... I am looking forward to seeing the goodness of the Lord in each and everyone of your lives in 2010.
Blessings
Rebecca
(Yeah...I can't believe I posted!)

19 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your lovely family photo's with us, your family look so precious... you have every right to be so proud. Hugs, Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca what a gorgeous family you have, and so much fun. I felt like I was there with you all! LOVE that snowdog sculpture! And you definitely are the cutest gramma I've ever seen!
    Hugs and blessings, dear Rebecca!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca amor, your family is stunning...you can feel the love that you all have for each other in every single one of these pictures. I am so glad you all had such a wonderul Christmas...I love the look on both you and your mamas face..complete happiness. Besos, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca,
    Seeing all your beautiful family together is a treat for me. I think because we both have large families, I feel that our lives are probably very similar. I can't think of anything I'd rather be than a mother. It's so great getting together for holidays and special times.
    I do have to admit though, when they all go home and it's just Landon and me, that's nice too.lol
    Beautiful children, beautiful grand-children, beautiful family.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT PHOTOS OF YOUR FAMILY AND HOW MUCH THEY ENJOYED THE HOLIDAYS. IT LOOKS LIKE A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL.

    HUGS, JUY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Rebecca....how absolutely wonderful your time with your family must have been. Your pictures warmed my heart beyond words are able to express...thank you for sharing your beautiful family. Everyone in one place...love is seen in every photo. Here's to a 2010 filled with love and blessings! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures prove that the most wonderful things aren't things at all... I have an award for you on my blog. I am inspired by your faith and your creativity, both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos of all your family..looks like it was fun. Looking forward to seeing you and taking a class in 2010. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rebecca,

    How lovely to see all your family and what a beautiful family you have.
    Glad that you had a wonderful family Christmas, all together.
    The snow looks amazing and I loved seeing all the sculptures and fun that you all had.

    Stay warm and wishing you all the very best to you and your family, for 2010.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rebecca,
    What a beautiful family you have...your grandchildren are soooo adorable...looks like everyone had a blast playing in the snow. I just LOVE that snow tunnel...being from the deep South...I have never seen one...it looks soooo neat! Thanks for sharing all these wonderful family pics with me...I had a great time looking. Take care and try to stay WARM in this COLD weather!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOUR FAMILY IS GORGEOUS!
    HAPPY WEEK,
    ROSA

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful post! It looks like you had a simply delightful Christmas, even if you were snowed in. Or perhaps, because of it. 2010 has a magical ring to it, doesn't it? I just know this will be a great year. Cheers, to you and yours.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy, Happy New Year Rebecca!!! Your family is BEAUTIFUL...the joy you all had being together just shines right thru the lens of your camera!!!

    Are you going to the Chgo blog meet and greet?? I think I will be able to make it...sounds like so much fun!

    Have a great week!

    Blessings ~

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rebecca what a sweet and beautiful family you have. I can see why you were frustrated with your computer and not able to post these sooner. The fun shows in all their smiling faces. How wonderful to have such a large family to share the holidays with.
    You are blessed!!!
    xo,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loveve pictures, what a happy family! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful, happy, family photographs, Rebecca. It was a joy to see them.
    Your children look so much like you..... and what amazing ice sculptures. Not just any old snowmen for your family !!!! ...... but, my favourite photo of all is the one of Maddie. What a cheeky face. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hei Rebecca,
    What a gorgeous family you have. Wonderful photos your happy family. You are blessed!!

    Have a great week!

    Hugs:)
    ^_^Piitis

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an incredibly fabulous family! You all look like you have sooooooo much fun together!
    Love the snow dog too! What a hoot! Of course, I have bunny jammie envy! How great are those!
    yf,
    shell

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.