HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Welcome to White Wednesday

Hello and welcome to another white Wednesday hosted by Kathleen at Faded Charm... I believe this is number 32 for Kathleen and bless her sweet heart she has been hosting this for almost a year now. Please drop by Faded Charm to say hello and look at all the wonderful white posts she has listed.

Last white Wednesday I was in the shop showing you some lighting with somewhat of a creative touch to it. This week I am in my home looking at old lighting, since I have no new lighting other than the track and utility lights. These are some of my favorite lamps and chandeliers in different parts of the house.
I was going to show some creative lighting or lighting I created out of odd pieces I collected but I will save that for another post, this got long enough.

This French piece is one of my favorites, it is made of plaster and horsehair and is quite large. It a cream color with hints of gray blue and hints of faded pink. It hangs in my living room.





















This French crystal beaded chandelier has pink drops and glass drop flowers. The pink glass is harder to find because it is made with gold such as the cobalt is made with silver. I had two sconces to match this beauty but alas I sold them...the rent was due :( This hangs in the front hallway.























Another favorite chandelier is hanging in the kitchen, it is a nice old Italian tole with porcelain roses, I like the shape of this one and the old white paint.









This is another old Italian tole chandelier that hangs in the family room









A few lamps around the house with white linen shades, this one is a large alabaster.





Italian tole




Another alabaster with crocheted lamp shade and lace










This is a Italian wall chandelier with glass balls, it is on the wall in my dining room, I especially love the old linen shades from England.












This is a large Venetian candle chandelier that hangs over the dining room table. It is white with gold trim. I bought this chandelier in a box all taken apart with parts broken, the flowers which were to come out of the center were broken and one arm. The dealer who had it shipped from France sold it to me for $200 she had gotten insurance on it and just wanted to get rid of it. I thought I could use the parts and maybe get a lamp out of it. It sat in my garage for a year and one day I decided to play with it. I started putting it together and to my surprise all the parts were there and the broken ones were insignificant. It is a nice old beauty.












This crystal chandelier with macaroni beads hangs in my dressing room. It is a nice old one.












Another bedroom chandelier







and the upstairs hallway





Well that's enough lighting for awhile, I will post again on lighting at another time. I like lighting, these happen to be on the more dressy side but I like the rustic and funky stuff too. I will post my more creative lighting another time. Thank you so much for stopping by. I always appreciate your comments and I hope you have a wonderful white Wednesday!
Thank you Kathleen!
Blessings
Rebecca

24 comments:

  1. Wow! You have some awesome and unique pieces. I love them all. Thanks for sharing these with us. I decided to try the McLinky list this week and I'm still not sure if I did it right, but we'll try it. Let me know what you think.

    Thanks,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca amor...wait give me a sec to pick my jaw up off the floor and wipe the drool before someone trips! Oh my stars you have some beautiful pieces :) Your tastes are so exquisite that I am always suprised at my reactions to the new things you share lol I should know by know to expect sumptuous beauty :)Amor I wanted to tell you that I was about to email you with the same idea...I say wait till the begining of next week...it still might get here :) I will check at the post office tomorrow just incase...we have a temp. mail man while ours has been on vacation :) Either way amor, it will be ok :) Besos, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your lights, they are so pretty. I'm a sucker when it comes to pretty chandeliers. Have a great day, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous lighting Rebecca!!! I love it that you have these fixtures all over your home ~ they are like the crowns of each room! So beautiful, have a great Wednesday ~ hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Rebecca!
    Oh my gosh! Every single chandelier is simply gorgeous! Thank you for a peek into your lovely home!

    Peace,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crazy over the moon for the Venitian Candle chandlier. Love the moon glow of the glass. What a wonderful price and story that comes with it too. Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would dearly love to come to your house, but don't ever invite me, because I am afraid you will have some exposed electrical wire, mysteriously hanging in every room!!!!

    Lovin' every single one of your beautiful fixtures!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness gracious...you have some fabulous light fixtures! Wonderful and I know a lot of work to do this post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all those old chandeliers. Thanks for giving us a peak into your beautiful home.

    Blessings,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some beautiful treasures there!...I think the linen shades are my fave...happy WW!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW-WEE! Those are magical! Thanks for the beautiful post.
    smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW... does not even begin! I'd be thrilled with even one of those chandeliers. You could have done a post on just one and I would be jumping up and down! Your house at night must look amazing.
    xo,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rebecca,

    like all the others, I am wowed and amazed at the most gorgeous lighting in your house.
    Every one is so special and beautiful.
    You have an wonderful house and thank you for letting us have a little peek.

    Hugs
    Caroly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yowza - you have some amazing chandeliers. Thank you for lettting us have a look see. Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! You have an awesome collection of lamps/lighting fixtures. My favorite is the crochet lampshade.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're all sooooooo fabulous Rebecca...just gorgeous!!!!!!! You have such amazing taste!

    Hope you are having a wonderful week ~

    :) T

    p.s. 2 of the mercury glass candlesticks in my post today came from one of your Christmas events at your house that I came to a few years back :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my Gosh...I have just found your blog and what a wonderful post to start out on...I love love love those chandeliers!!! Looks like a gorgeous home and shop to boot...I'm thinking you live close to Chicago...I also live in Illinois only in central(what u'al call southern part)of IL. Shelbyville...at any rate I want to thank you for letting me visit your home and I will be following your blog from now on...
    Blessings...
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness...such detail!! Ilove all of them,you lucky girl you!! All the best,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  19. One word...BEAUTIFUL! You have soooo many beautiful lights Rebecca...I had a great time DROOLING!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Rebecca, I came by yesterday and saw all these gorgeous lights and I guess I was so (envious) oh, I mean amazed that I forgot to leave a comment. These are so beautiful. I can't even imagine the beauty that must be around you everyday.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. ok, I am picking my jaw off the ground!! each one was so spectacular...I don't think I could even pick a favorite. I think I would have neck strain if I ever walked thru your front door!!

    Heart Hugs,
    Coleen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh be still my heart....the Italian Tole pieces make me swoon! My absolute favorite! Your home is so warm and inviting. I would love to spend a day looking at all your treasures. Of course then you would have to clean up all the drool. hee,hee,hee.
    yf,
    shell

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rebecca, not only is your vintage lighting amazing, but the glimpses of your home, make me want to beg for more! Just so beautiful! Will you do some photos of your entire rooms?
    love you, dear friend!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rebecca,
    Gorgeous! Love the French piece in your living room...what an amazing find! And the chandelier in your dressing room...simply to die for! You have so many lovely pieces...

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.