HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Studio Sunday - With the 1st Day of Spring


Hello and welcome to Studio Sunday
Happy Spring


The last couple of days I have been in the garden to show you that you don't always have to be in the studio to create. 
That your gift can be anything from gardening to cooking to writing. The gift or talent that God gives you is rooted in your desire. If you truly do not enjoy something then that might not be your gift. 


We all have different abilities also, some people are just better artists than others. Does it discourage me from doing what I love... no, it shouldn't. If I do get discouraged and there are times we all do, I search my motives, if it is jealousy than I have a problem and need to nip that right now. If it is an artistic block, then I need some inspiration to jump start the project. 
You need to know what fuels your inspiration. Mine is color, fabric or a little treasure I may have found.
 Don't be afraid at that time to use something special. 
I think we all have that special stash we just can't seem to use... it just looks too good in the jar or on the shelf. 
Sometimes you may need to use that something special to open up your creativity.










I am in my studio today working on some projects for a workshop I have coming up. I do not have a finished project to show you but I can show you some of my studio and give you some graphics you can use in your art.






I use copies of graphics in my art work but if I am doing a special piece I will use the original. Especially pictures.


Here are just some pictures of goodies I have stashed...






















Thank you for joining in today and please link up and follow the links to the other inspirational blogs
Wishing you a peaceful day and much inspiration to make something beautiful!

Many Blessings
Rebecca

16 comments:

  1. My dear Rebecca, your studio looks like a little Paradice on earth-with all your fantastic collections-and I love your photoes of all the gorgeus laces,-buttons-watches,and bling- surely a very inspirational room-
    but I know,too-that even how beautifull, or inspirational surroundings, the muse can fail...
    In your though there is so much piecefull power, that I could work for dayes and dayes :)
    Can`t wait to see what you are doing for your workshop, dearest Rebecca.
    I wish you a beautifull, and lovely sunday sweet friend.
    Love and hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your treasures! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your Ribbon stash...I just love old ribbon.. Thanks for inspiring me this Sunday
    Happy 1st Day of Spring!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca, your stash is lovely and inspirational. How do you overcome using the stuff in your stash? I'm serious. For example, those beautiful buttons on those cards. How would you be able to take them off of those cards and use them? I have some stuff like that and I look at, purchased it with the intention of using it, but then don't take it apart!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! How can you *not* be inspired with all the beautiful things surrounding you? Of course, if you're like me, sometimes it's "there's got to be something I can do with this". LOL Only for me it's more than sometimes. That'd be most of the time. It's funny, I did sort of the same thing with a wooden drawer the other day that you've done. I filled mine with buttons. Great minds and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love what you said about all of us being inspired by something we enjoy doing. So true. I do get discouraged by physical limitations. I love to do so many things. Sometimes it is hard to focus because I have so many things I love doing.
    I love to see things people have collected to use in their art. Have a haapy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so organized....sigh. My studio definetly does NOT look like my living room right now. Iam planning on joining you when i get things a little more organized and can start making things again. You are such an inspiration for me to get moving:)

    Thanks for you sweet comments and the coffee table is a large architectural piece with an old round window on top. I love it!

    Take care,

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty post - love all your vintage goodies you share here....xoox

    ReplyDelete
  9. SIGH....

    SIGH...

    and SIGH some more!!!!

    Oh how much beauty here.

    I loved your cutting garden so much Rebecca. I can hardly wait for the gardening to begin!
    sending hugs your way...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girlie!
    I love what you had to say today! I totally agree with what you said. I love that creativity is not limited to one medium or love!
    (When April was little for us creative time was spent with coloring books and crayons...to this day it is a happy place for both of us!)
    I am so glad you shared so more pics of your home studio! That place is filled with the most amazing treasures! So inspiring!
    Have a wonderful rest of the day!
    Love ya,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rebecca I hear you....about finding inspiration or seeing an amazing artist and saying to yourself, "wow I'm humbled ". But I agree with you, everyone has a degree of talent , some more than others but it's really what makes one feel good and art makes me feel good. Possessions are hard to give up but there comes a design one day that the special treasure you've been stashing for a very long time is the perfect piece that's missing in making your art magical and so you kind of give it up....Worth it in the end. I just finished one such piece and giving up the little treasure was worth it, I think. I'm on to the next piece, again with another treasure I've kept...guess that's what they are for....Inspiration.

    Lovely post...very meaningful. Hope your workshop is fun.


    Annabelle >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just want one pile of your scraps!!!! Love how organized and beautiful your diplays are!!!!
    So inspirational, love it!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you have every cool bit & bob that ever existed!!! Thank you for the graphics too...love them!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rebecca,

    I just found your Studio Sunday post.
    I'll plan on linking up this coming Sunday!
    Thanks for the sweet images. ♥

    I really love comments too so I'd like to invite you to visit with me when you have a moment. :0)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.