HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Friday, July 1, 2011

Bedroom III


Hello
Happy July First
I am back... my computer problems have been fixed and they even managed to retrieve my pictures and documents. Just a reminder to all of you... back up and a good lesson for me.
This is my last post on bedrooms for now. I will be redoing my bedroom this fall and I will be posting on it then.
Today I am showing some nurseries I did for my grand children.
I had so much fun doing these. The first two were for Savannah and Sophie, they still have their rooms like this only they have a big bed now and a computer nook.


Savannah had a Garden theme
I painted the walls a light pink and made the chandelier out of a tulip shade I turned it upside down and I painted it pink with a little green at the top and made leaves and covered the chain with green cloth. I then hung beads and crystals from the bottom. I painted the leaves on the wall to make it look like it was growing.


The window treatments are made out of fabric from Moda (love their fabrics). I made the valance to look like an awning by putting a rod through the top and bottom and hanging iron brackets on the lower sides. The chandelier was an old floral tole that I repainted with the colors of the room.


The duvet cover is made from the same fabric as the awnings, Ogallala Down makes a crib duvet that is allergen free.
My daughter Kerri made the letters out of Paper Mache', she used to sell them in the shop. And I painted the rose garland around the crib.



I got the picket fencing in the garden center at Home Depot.








Sophie and Savannah are only 3 months apart so I spent a lot of time in Minnesota that year. My daughter Nicole wanted a Beatrix Potter theme in the nursery, so this is what I came up with.




Sophie got the same window treatments as Savannah, these rooms were laid out almost identical. Her color pallet was different but I used Moda again.




I found that old rabbit painting at a flea market... perfect huh?


Jeremy Frog


Peter Rabbit






Mr. McGregors cabbage patch


This bedroom was for my niece's baby boy Baily.



I used chenille for the curtains, really liked how they turned out.



This next mural I did for Jesse when he was born


I painted it on a wall canvas so it could be moved because they were renting.










I hope this gives you some inspiration if you are in need of some ideas. I have always loved decorating for children, I have done just about every theme you can think of from Holly Hobby to Farm animals. With 6 children and 8 grandchildren I have had my fun!
I will be linking up with Debra for her Friday Inspiration party.




I have been working on several projects, at once I might add, for the Horton's French Flea Market in Tipton IN. I am down to the wire on this, as usual. Is anyone ever ready for a show? I would really like to know, I am always working right up to the ninth hour and then leave half my projects undone. Right now I am working on my back drop, I am doing a garden theme. Donna has knocked it up a notch this year with a contest going on for the vendors. Best display wins a $100.00 gift cert. :) Not going for the prize here but want to put in a good showing. My daughter Jody should be coming in today, she has been on the road for 3 days now, with her load for the show. Sound familiar! 
Gotta get to work!
I will be doing another post on Tipton before I leave on Wednesday.
Blessings today!
Rebecca

28 comments:

  1. Those nurseries are beyond dreamy Rebecca...wowza.

    I'm never ready for a show here either, but somehow it all gets done at the last minute. Can't wait to see the pics of your booth!

    Happy 4th,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the nurseries!
    So precious!
    See ya soon!
    Let me know when Jody arrives safe and sound!
    Hugs from Indiana!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. R.E.,
    I think YOUR paintings are perfect! What a talent you have been given!
    Good luck with the show. I really do wish upon a star that I could come up for it!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding! really, really lovely...you have alot of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have too many words today because I can't close my mouth and stop drooling over those nurseries, STUNNING!!!
    Have a wonderful 4th of July!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  6. uh....................................speechless
    G*O*R*G*E*O*U*S

    SO excited for you guys at Horton's! WOOT! WOOT! What will you buy with your 100.00 win? :D
    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I will say is

    W

    O

    W


    STUNNING,
    I used to paint murals for my kids' rooms....good times!
    Your rooms are lovely.



    Ciao Bella!

    CREATIVE CARMELINA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca, dearest,
    you are a multy talented artist- how gorgeus you draw and paint- oh my , it looks like you have a kind of master education in painting,sweetie.
    Those rooms are all so cute, and beautiful- the babyes in your family have all grown ,in the middle of your fantastic art. I`m sure they have and have had, the most lovely dreams in those rooms.
    Happy 4 of july week-end Rebecca-I can tell it will be a very bussy one for you and your daughter.
    Sending you hugs, and love.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. God has certainly blessed you with amazing talent Rebecca!! Those rooms are gorgeous!! I'm glad you were able to recover some of your files. Computer problems are just awful!!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great rooms! Your are very talented my friend!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant painting Rebecca. Your children and grandchildren adore you I know! Have a happy, happy weekend and do not over work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Rebecca,
    These rooms are absolutely fabulous! You are so, so talented! I did Peter Rabbit for my grandson when he was born. I just love Beatrix Potter. My daughter just bought her first home and my grandson will be turning 4 next month. She is stumped on how to decorate his room. Any ideas?
    Have a very happy 4th of July weekend. And have a great time at the show. Can't wait to hear how it goes!
    Blessings,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW !!!!!! AWESOME !!!!!! Your one talented lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all these rooms. Did you paint all the walls yourself? Good luck with all your projects and also wishing a wonderful show. Please show lots of pics:-)

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful memories the children will have of these Magical spaces you created especially for them!

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rebecca you are just amazing. Talk about making a children's dreams come true. Every room is absolutely fabulous.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, you have just knocked the air out of me. These rooms are absolutely stunning. I don't know which room I love more!! What fun to look at. Lucky babies. ;o) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those bedrooms must be every child's dream. They are magical.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What wonderful rooms for children to grow up in.
    They are magical. I loved the tulip hanging lamp plus everything else in the rooms.

    You are very talented. Have fun in Tipton and hope it is a good sale for you with good weather also.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rebecca you are so talented. These rooms are precious. The paintings are amazing. I am so glad you shared with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a suuuupercute blog you have! i must be a follower. thanks so much for sharing the pics. best wishes! di
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Rebecca,
    Thank you for such a timely post. I just had my very first grandson and we are doing his room in the Peter Rabbit theme. I can't paint beautifully like you, but at least it gave me tons of inspiration.Great post and a fabulous blog. I love all that you do.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  23. Seriously...you painted those walls? Beautiful. I love garden themes, but Beatrix Potter....my fave. I would have loved to have a room like that. Still would!

    See ya Friday

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh are those just darling! Of course I adore the Peter Rabbit!!!!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bonjour!
    We love that pink French Flyer :)
    Very beautiful blog. Such lovely photos too!
    Looking forward to your future posts.
    Check us out! http://www.etsy.com/shop/chezjolly
    Talk to you soon..

    -Jessica & Holly

    ReplyDelete
  26. My word Rebecca you are the most talented lady I know & one of the most genuine.. I can tell..from here...smiles... have a great summer. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  27. Rebecca, these bedrooms are just works of art. and what love must have gone into them! What a joy to walk in there every day for momma and baby. Thanks for sharing these. so sorry I'm late. Have a great weekend at Tipton, I'll be praying for good weather and a great time for you and Donna!
    lot's of love, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  28. The murals are amazing!!!! The rooms are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.