HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vintage Living at Horton's French Flea Market


Hello
We are back in Indiana
 ( I can almost here Jim Neighbors singing now) at the Horton's annual French Flea Market.
 See prior post for some of the amazing vendors that were there but today I am featuring Vintage Living.
 I had planned on going a day early to work on my setup because there were glitches I hadn't worked out yet. But my double tent that I ordered on line hadn't come yet... yes, down to the wire Rebecca is what they call me. The day before we were to leave for IN it came (the Lord always works down to the last minute... it increases our faith... don't cha know) a little of my Minnesota accent thrown in there.
So some things did not work out to my expectations. I painted a garden scene to go in back of the old rose arch, I had taken out of my kitchen before the redo. I thought it would give the tent depth but we couldn't set up the arch, it was too tall and it rained the night of set up so everything had to be under the tent.
It was hot and steamy...



Donna's husband Bill had fixed us his famous pasta dish for dinner on the evening of setup. We ate alfresco on the deck with good wine  that Jody bought at the Mary Hill Winery we had gone to in WA. 
It was a beautiful evening... thank you to Donna's Mr. Wonderful.
Donna and I headed back to work some more on setup, I needed to work on my booth and I kept her there too late. Bless her heart.


A beautiful friend came to visit at my door


It poured that evening, so we had some damage control the morning of but nothing major.


So enjoy... our handy work














































My beautiful daughter Jody













Way too much work on this display and not have it turn out!




















Thanks for visiting Vintage Living, hoped you enjoyed our part of the world in Indiana.



I also want to say a special thank you to the bloggers that stopped by my tent to say hello! It was so good to see you and give you big hugs. 
It was so good to finally meet Pattie from The Shabby Chick She stopped in with her children, they were delightful... give Tia a big hug for me...
Cindy the BeeLady it was so good to see and chat with you.
 A big thank you to Sandi at Wayside Treasures for coming so far and giving me such a special treasure.
It was also wonderful meeting new bloggy friends such as, 
Kara from McMaster and Storm - Barb from Joyful Living - Jill from Sew a Fine Seam - Susie from She Junks and also Julie from Inspired By You
If I missed someone please give me a shout out, my memory just isn't what it used to be!
I am linking up with my friend Kathleen's White Wednesday, please visit her wonderful blog.
Thank you so much for coming by.
Blessings to all today!
Rebecca

27 comments:

  1. Your booth is amazing! Love all the merchandise. The display you painted is beautiful, I wouldn't know it was unfinished. Love those entrance doors, you did a great job decorating the outside too!
    Have a great Wednesday!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, alwayes a dream "visiting" you and your beautiful daughter, when you are out displaying all your beautiful things-and so wonderful creations. It looks gorgeus and I love the flowers,the mannequins, the spools with laces, the everything- all things together makes the most fantastic booth -you are both so talented , and it would be a dream come true, to once be in the middle of your beautiful surroundings- Oh Rebecca, I may have written that before,--- :) BUT IT WOULD.
    Not that I think I would ever have the opertunity to do that, but a girl can have her dreams ,right---lol-
    I`m happy you are safe home again, sweetie,
    and that all was a wonderful experience-even weather did not cooperate, when setting up.
    You made it all look amazing inside and out.I love all the photoes,-Thanks for showing,this part of your life,too, dear friend.
    Big hugs-Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Rebecca, everything is simply gorgeous. I would love to see it all in person.

    Blessings to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca, it was so nice to finally meet your booth was amazing I hope someday I get to see you again. Have a great rest of the week...

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Outside of your TENT ~ OMG!!! Just FaBuLouS!!! You're Everywhere - How fun for you Rebecca!!!
    Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just loved all of these photos, beautiful! I hope you had smashing sales!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't remember seeing half this stuff Rebecca! It is all sooooo gorgeous!! I think I was in awe and walking around in a daze! Next time I am taking more time to look and pur not just taking pictures! :)
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear...that was supposed to say "look and PURCHASE not pur...hee hee!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely my dear :) I can almost feel the heat & humidity even now!:) so fun to see you again!
    & thank you for your kind comments :) NO I am not unpacked yet :) hopefully tom. my days have a way of just slippin by :)...
    Blessings to you..
    {enjoy cleaning out your studio!}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your booth looks absolutely amazing!!!! Love how the round metal piece looks hanging from your tent with the bottles and ferns....great idea. I hope you had a great sale because everything looks fabulous. Hope you had some time to spend with Jody while she was there and am already waiting for you to get back down this way. Next time we need to make a whole day of it with lunch and the works:-)

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello my sweet!
    Oh the memories!
    I loved how your space turned out~classic Rebecca!
    Jody work so compliments yours and vise~versa
    Thank you again for coming and making this a year to remember!
    It is always such a joy to get to spend time with you!Even when we seem to work more than visit!
    What is up with that?
    Hugs, hugs, and kisses
    We love you both!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did catch the "Don't cha know"
    Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh Rebecca ~ It all looks so very beautiful!! I see tons of things I wold love to have :)
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful booth with us!

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Rebecca, you and your Daughter had the most amazing booth, there are so many things I would have madly fallen in Love with and wanted to cart Home! *winks* And that Butterfly that stopped by on the fab Old Door, Postcard Perfect, I've saved that one to my favs!

    Thanks for stopping by with kind words, Mom was placed in a Nursing Home for rehab last night... it will be a long road & she's not too happy about being there so we Hope to keep her encouraged & transition to her new limitations with Grace and Patience.

    I think you would Love that Shop & their prices were very reasonable, I picked up two Antique Persian Rugs for less than $60 so I was on quite the adrenalin Rush! *winks*

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so enjoyed my visit to your shop. I think I feel the need to do some shopping, or sewing, or creating or something. Your Vintage Living shop was just beautiful and so full of wonderful treasures. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowser Rebecca! What a beautiful booth! I loved seeing all of it! I love your faith...it inspires me. You have such a creative spirit and heart. Your vintage living shop is just simply beautiful...if I lived in Indiana...or close to it...you can "betcha your bottom dollar...I'd be there." (a little Buffalo, NY accent there) Smiles and hugs from me...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your space is AMAZING - that is tons of set-up for a weekend show! I love those doors! Hope it was a great show for you - oh, and those aprons are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rebecca...thanks so much for sharing your space, it is truly inspirational!! Your daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful booth you created, it is such hard work, I know. I would have loved to shop here! God does work in the 11th....he has a great sense of humor dosen't he.

    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Rebecca, your booth is just beautiful.... and it's a shame that you couldn't use the display piece because it's gorgeous! I wanted to thank you for stopping by my studio post today, I always love your visits! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
    hugs~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH MY! Love it all. Want it all. Wish I could see and touch it all in person! I'm a new follower -- love your blog and your profile information . . . the Lord has certainly gifted you with amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  22. really so very beautiful- the event looks amazing and your pictures are divine! Just love your blog, so much!
    thanks for sharing...
    melanie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rebecca

    I so enjoyed seeing all your pictures of Horton's sale. Your tent was amazing and a lot of work for 2 gals for 2 days. Also you do have a beautiful daughter and very talented also. Like Mother like Daughter.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh girl, I would give my other Rebecca up for a chance to shop with this Rebecca!!! Your booth is crazy gorgeous! SO much work, but so awesome!
    I loved seeing the last two posts on this sale at Hortons. Are things going to slow down for you now? You have had such a busy year and I think you deserve a rest:)
    I am doing great and feel all healed up. Can't wait to get back at it.
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Wow! Rebecca your booth looked awesome! Love the border you added around the top of your tent, very eye catching! I so wish I could have been there, maybe next year!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rebecca~

    I just have to tell you AGAIN...your hands are soo blessed by the Most High. I believe with all my heart your God-given talents shine through in all you say and do. I love peeking in and seeing what you are up do and the beauty you create. It is incredibly inspiring to us all out here in blogland.

    I love your work...your vision...your flea-market haven...and knowing you love God above all speaks to my own heart.

    Continued blessings upon your talented hands. Maybe you continue to be all He's called you to be.

    Love to you~

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have just found your blog & I must say I want to look at every little thing that you have photos of! It's all so beautiful and just the right mix of things. I love the little round metal table by the sofa!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.