HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Walk

My Walk with God...

this morning.







This song comes to mind...

Summer and winter, and spring-time and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided,
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!



Praying and walking is synonymous for me.   


As I walked in the rain and tried to take in as much beauty as I could, thinking this was a good time to bring my needs before the Lord...



I could only be thankful...

I

All my needs seemed to melt away in His beauty...


Which brought me only to praise.


I found myself praising God along with everything around me...
all the earth now shouts in color of the magnificence of His beauty and honor and power.






 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created by Him and for Him (Colossians 1:16)




This also brings to mind the chapter of Ecclesiastes 3, it's hard to read this chapter without singing it...

For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to week, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace and a time to refrain; a time to seek and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to rend and a time to sew; a time to keep silence and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.




If you read on in Eccl. it says:

What gain has the worker from his toil? I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with. He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what god has done from the beginning to the end. I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil, this is God's gift to man.
I perceived that whatever God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it.

I take pleasure in knowing today, that I cannot add nor take away the glory of the Lord.
It is my time for praise...


This week I have been working with
on a new look for my blog. She has designed my blog in the past and is always a joy to work with.
I am excited to see what you think, it will be a more simple format, one that I think will compliment my style while featuring more of the content of my blog... artwork, photos and such. I hope you will like it as much as I do. 

Blessings
Rebecca


16 comments:

  1. Dearest friend---it looks like you have much to raise your voice in thankful prayer for!!!! It is GORGEOUS there! I loved reading your beautiful words today dear R.
    much love....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, Who could ever doubt the existance of our Lord God, when he has surrounded us in all this beauty. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post, Rebecca. A song of praise to our Lord and Savior for the blessings and glory He does bestow on us.
    There are not words enough to thank Him, so our soul cries out. A beautiful walk with Him.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! His faithfulness IS great - and illustrated in such beautiful, BEAUTIFUL colors this autumn. The season I feared was going to be a "dud" (leaves seemed to dry up and fall early, before colors, etc.) turned out to be just a gorgeous as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful photos and words ~ you can feel your sweet communion with God coming them.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great is thy faithfulness, this is a favorite hymn for me too. The autumn foliage you share here is bright and handsome. I walk and pray too, and give thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post for Sunday that I read today-Monday...Our God is an Awesome God in all His splendor and Glory! Thank you for sharing the Scripture--met a need for a Scripture that I could not find...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Rebecca,-
    How beautiful a post, in both words, and pictures. Yes Gods world is something fabolous to be a part of, and you have wandered in the middle of all his glory.
    Hugs and love, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I have enjoyed this post this morning! Such beautiful pictures and words to go along with them! Great is Thy Faithfulness! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have continued to love your faith walk emerge ever since that first time you came to speak in Springfield, Va-- one of the first times stepping out into a heart calling-- you continue to bless me with your visions along the way

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it look awesome! Karen is so good at what she does!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a Profound and Beautiful Post! Yes, when I go out into all of Creation and commune with Nature, that is when the Creator is most visible to me and my Spirit is most at Peace, regardless of Circumstance. The Colors of the changing of the leaves of Autumn are MAGNIFICENT! I do miss that Seasonal Change since in the Desert it is more of a constant than the typical four Seasons of most places on Earth.

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Rebecca...you are such a beautiful testimony of knowing what it is to completely relax in God's arms and just BE with him! I, too, find myself talking with him whenever I'm raking leaves, planting flowers, mowing the yard, washing dishes, creating my dream catchers or Hope Hearts....It seems like whenever I'm "in my element", He is there with me and beckons me to chat with him. :) My mind is instantly filled with images of those I need to pray for or things I need to thank Him for. Thank you for this inspiring post today. It was a beautiful devotional! ♥

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thinking and praying about you this morning R. Hoping you weren't anywhere near that awful storm. I treasure your friendship and hope you have a wonderful week. Be safe my dear.
    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful photography! I am so glad to have found your blog!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.