HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Offerings

Forgotten treasures...will be your treasures too... Great old tintypes and I have no idea where they came from or when I bought them!

Christmas in July...that is what it feels like today. I have been in my studio for the past few days cleaning. I have 2 studio's one at the shop and one at home. The one at home is attached to the garage and has been neglected for a year and a half, since I opened the shop. I am at the shop 6 days a week so there has been little time to putter around in my studio at home. So the spiders and dust have taken over! But I have found buried treasure...things I put away in bins that haven't seen the light of day in quite awhile...for instance a box from France postmarked 9 of 07 unopened...little treasures. All this I owe to Karen at My Desert Cottage because I joined her studio tour "Where Bloggers Create" July 24th, next weekend. It feels great to have my studio back and it will give me a new incentive to create when I get home. I thought I would share in my found treasures and offer a --Give Away-- just leave a comment and I will pick your name at random the day after the studio tour and announce the winner on White Wednesday. Oh, and what is the give away? It will be a sampling of found treasures.

Here are some of the found treasures...this is an old needlework with metal thread, it looks German but I can't read it. Anyone know what it says?




Some wonderful chenille and metal netting.



Love the tag...


This old French print fell behind a shelf...



Basket of old clay millinery stamens.



A box of military bullion



I found these drawings I did, when we were in England. They are of the cottage we stayed in with Judy at Tapestries of Nature


Old composition embellishments


My box from France...




And a bin of Christmas goodies



A box of pictures...my sister and I in our Easter dresses our grandmother made for us.


More French goodies


Christmas garlands


Old silver garlands


I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday...Peace to you and may you find a treasure today

Blessings

Rebecca

5 comments:

  1. BECKY, AS ALWAYS, YOUR STASH IS WONDERFUL... I ESPECIALLY LIKE YOUR DRAWING. NO SURPRISE, RIGHT? I KNOW YOU DID ONE FOR ME WHILE YOU WERE THERE. I PUT IT AWAY FOR SAFE KEEPING AND NOW I'M GONNA GO FIND IT! FUN MEMORIES OF SPECIAL TIMES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,
    What wonderful finds you have unearthed here! I've been cleaning my little creative space for the party too, and I have gotten to know some of my 'stuff' again as well. I love the drawing of the cottage in England. Is it the one that Judy had on her blog a few months ago? Those tintypes are so cool.
    Thank you for the lovely foot print you left on my post today.
    Smiles,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your "finds", the french print and the jewelry charms are gorgeous. I would just want to sit and play with it, all day.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie!

    What fun!!! I can see why it felt like Christmas....and I understand perfectly about the shop versus the home studio! :) I try so hard on my days away from the shop to create on my own designs...but, alas, it seems paperwork for the shop appears out of nowhere! :)

    Have fun....and can't wait to see what ya do with your newly found treasures!

    xo...deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hei Rebecca!
    Ohh my god... beautiful..lovely..lovely!!
    I like it very much:)))

    Hugs;)
    ^_^Piitis

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.