HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sundays

I love Sundays...

My studio



This mother and child statue I bought from Judy at http://www.tapestriesofnature/ years ago.






Potting shed...it was the old garage (all tongue n groove) and when we built the new garage and added a studio onto the back of it, we made a playhouse for the girls. Now it is my potting shed.






















Sundays have really changed for me throughout the years but one thing remains the same ... the "peacefulness" the day seems to bring. There is something about a Sunday afternoon that melts away the cares of the week and gives that restful peace within that I don't feel the other days of the week. I know it is because it is the Lords day... even though I don't go to church these days.
I think it is just like the Lord to give a blanket of peace on all who take the time to enjoy it.
I took pictures this morning while I enjoyed my morning coffee and thought about Gods grace.
Peace to you
Rebebcca

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, serene setting...enveloped in nature and it's unhurried atmosphere. What a wonderful thing to have a studio AND a potting shed! It's your own way to worship.
    Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebacca, I am enjoying your Sunday photos. You are so right about this day. I really love it when Sunday comes along. A time to reflect on my past week and look forward to a new one. I LOVE your potting shed. Just lovely.
    Smiles,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely gorgeous! You are very talented, and have such a beautiful setting. Stunning.

    Hugs,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI BECK, YOUR YARD IS CERTAINLY A LITTLE SLICE OF HEAVEN AND A WONDERFUL WAY TO SPEND A SUNDAY. IT'S SUCH A HAPPY PLACE, FULL OF BEAUTY. HUGS, JUDY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoroughly enjoyed stopping by, and thank you for visiting me as well. i will check back often as I love your style......beautiful yard! xo jana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebecca
    What a wonderful potting shed! I agree with you about restful Sundays. I think Sunday should be a day of rest too.
    Blessings, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your place is just magical! It's so beautiful, a place you might see in a movie or read about in a book and try a million times to picture it or see in a magazine. I agree with you about Sunday being the Lord's day. My life has taken a change and I never would I have ever imagined not going to church on Sunday, even though I did go this past Sunday. I miss the closeness I once had with God. Like a great friend that you so enjoyed spending time with and then things just happened... Thanks for the reminder and peace this post brought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rebecca!
    What a beautiful place!
    Just fantastic, i love it.
    Your blog is lovely!!!

    Have a nice week!!!
    ^_^Piitis from Finland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rebecca! Thanks so much for finding me and you are right- it is nice to find someone else in the Chicago area. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pictures of your studio, house, shop, treasures... I adore vintage things and antiques and everything just looks gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for the kind words you left and I hope you come back and visit again!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rebecca! I just know if I came to your house I would be jealous with a capital J!!! The pics who post are so me (if I lived somewhere where I could do that!) How exciting to be featured on HGTV. I would love to see the episode. The party is on the 24th, not the 25th. (You don't want to be THAT fashionably late! LOL!! See you then!
    BTW... next time you have trouble with Explorer, try Firefox. I've heard lot's of people talk about problems using Explorer and they all love Firefox. (myself included)

    Take care
    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.