HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

White Wednesday


Wonderful whites...I never get tired of white and all the shades of its serenity. I had always used earth tones in my decorating when I lived in MN, probably because of the cold. I still love the warmth of olive, ocher and browns but when I moved to IL I found myself painting one room at a time in white. My kids started to remark on "moms white phase"... I hadn't noticed. I finally figured out the grayness of IL in the winter bothered me . Now I try to leave and go to AZ in Feb. but I found the white to be so calming and the best part for me is that I can use so much texture with it. I love architectural elements and fragments and I use them in my decorating- I think it gives a balance to the lace so that it doesn't get to frilly. I live in a 1860s Italianate so the bones of the house tends to be a little formal with the arched windows and doorways--using unexpected elements gives it balance.
I hope you have a very white (serene) day!
Blessings
Rebecca































































9 comments:

  1. While I have never been in a white stage, I do love the softeness of it. Your pictures are all so pretty but I really like the three tier tray. And the cabinet with the chippy paint. My DH doesn't understand the shabby chic or the antiques. He always asks why I want something used and old - I usually remind him that he is 10 years older than me and I have always loved him - that usually quiets him down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy Rebecca, this was such a delight to come over here and see all this white beauty. Everthing is just too lovely. Of course I would love the angel wing wall. My son's syndrome is Angelman syndrome after the english Dr. who discovered it and I love anything angel. Thank you so much for your visit today and the message you left. I had so much fun reading your blog last night and getting to know more about you. Your family looks they are a delight.
    Smiles,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, I am lovin the chippy cabinet and the concrete girl is just fabulous!! I love your header as well. You've done a great job of displaying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca! Thanks for coming over and saying hi! Wow , so many great pics it's hard to choose which I like the best. The lampshade is fabulous! How in the world will you have any white left for next week??? LOL!!

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my second try at a comment, so if the other went through, please delete this one. LOL
    Anyway, I was saying how glad I was to find you again. I had been on your blog once before, but lost track of where I had seen you. Your home and store are absolutely beautiful! Come by my new blog for a visit.
    Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebbecca your blog is just beautiful... we are truly birds of a feather... very connected .. I can never get enough of shades of white... chippy.. rustic, romantic still drawn to that shabby chic style.. I wonder what it is...it's the calmness we need in our lives... glad we connected come visit son. xoxo God Bless, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I just took a peak at your beautiful store. wow I wished I lived closer... It is one of the prettiest shops.... That lace light above is it for sale? I love it... bye again, laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rebecca,
    It's just me peeping in again on this lovely post and to tell you I'm in south central Idaho. We live in a tiny town, and I do mean tiny(500) near the resort town of Sun Valley. Thank you for the lovely message you left about my garden.
    Smiles,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my....SO excited to find your online journal....lovely...LOVELY!

    saw you at 52 Flea and wanted to say 'hello'
    and super nice to meet you-

    ~do stop by~

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.