HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Friday, August 14, 2009

Join Me at The KC Willis Retreat

I am so excited about my up coming road trip to Colorado to a KC Willis retreat. This is the first time she has offered personal classes for this fall and she has just posted the 2010 schedule. I am hoping she can teach an old dog some new tricks but mainly I decided to go just because she is awesome and for the fellowship that comes with other artists. She describes the retreat as not only learning the how to's but:

• Sit around the old "campfire" (ok so it's just the backyard of the studio) and exchange ideas and goals with your Studio Retreat posse.• Let me guide you to open up your creative vision and discover your voice• Fill you with the possibilities of all that combining art and life can be• Help you discover or recover the "O'Keeffe" in you.• Embrace the awesomeness of mistakes and see them for the gift they are.•Learn to sing with mixed media at the top of your lungs.


Doesn't that sound awesome! She recently acquired this fabulous studio and tells how she was directed to it and how all the pieces fell into place to get it. Very interesting and inspiring. I urge you to check out her website and read about her life and her art in beautiful Colorado. Here is one of her altered alters.


Her new Studio













Her art



Would love to see you there... I am going for a 3 day retreat in October but there are longer and shorter ones available. She is a great gal and I am counting down the days!
Blessings
Rebecca





6 comments:

  1. Dear Rebecca, that sounds amazing and relaxing! wish i could go! sadly i'm on the other side of the world, but hope you can tell us how it was and hopefully post some pics. Have a good summer,
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is awesome! So relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rebecca!
    Ohh.. beautiful!!

    I wish you a lovely day!!
    Blessings
    ^_^Piitis

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're gonna have so much fun! I met her once at a show we did together down here in Colorado Springs. Neat gal.

    Enjoy...
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hei Rebecca!
    So relaxing music. I can listen hours on end. Wish i get to go too KC Willis. I looking around and it is so lovely place. Her arts are fabulous.

    Take care
    Lennu

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your time there is magical. Have a wonderful three days.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.