HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Welcome to White Wednesday

Welcome to another White Wednesday hosted by Kathleen at Faded Charm...
it seems lately I only post on Wednesdays, this has been a busy summer probably the same as yours. I wish I could say it has been all fun but things could be a lot worse. This week I am enjoying my grand daughter Savannah, we have been making crowns, purses and paper dolls. She is a very girly girl at 3 years.
This White Wednesday I am featuring my collection of wedding treasures. I love the old cake toppers with the French paste' work and the old wax flowers.
Collections in my opinion should be edited and contained. I love them and have lots of different little and big collections but they have to serve a decorative purpose. Here is where I keep most of my wedding collection, it is in my dining room.















Just love wedding pictures also - I have quite a few of them but keep them in an old album...this one someone put on linen with lace around it.








These little bouquets of wax flowers in paper tussy mussy's I bought from Judy at Tapestries of Nature, She made the tussy mussys...I just love them.









This is my grandfather and grandmother Bauman's wedding photo - so lucky to have it in the original frame,which I happen to love.












Wedding Veil and wax flower head piece



This is one of my favorite pieces, it is a victorian table display it is under glass. It is a swinging gate made of linen flowers
I wish you could see the creamy color and the gate posts are wooden painted in a faded robins egg blue.



I have another collection of wedding boxes with the marriage certificates and head dresses, which I will post next WHITE WEDNESDAY.

Porcelain doll with wax flower bouquet




Sorry blurry. but the bell is French Paste'

Thanks for stopping by this Wednesday...sorry I posted late but I am not used to getting little ones ready in the morning anymore :)
Grace and Blessings

25 comments:

  1. This post is just fantastic. Rebecca, your wedding collection should be a feature story in Victoria magazine! Thank you for sharing your wonderful things with your blog readers. Quite a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful memory. Savannah is my favorite place. What a cute name, and your a cute grandma I bet.



    cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, your wedding collection is amazing! Beautiful. I agree, this is so magazine worthy!
    AND I love the white chippy cabinet that you are displaying it all in! Gotta go back for another look.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca
    I am speechless! What an absolutely wonderful, beautiful, fantastic collection...did I get my thought across :) Does it get any better than these fabulous wedding momentos, I think not. Thank you so much for sharing. You are truly an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Rebecca! I love the cabinet you have this beautiful wedding collection displayed in as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cabinet in the first photo, and of course all your white collectables...can't wait to see your post next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Rebecca, Love the photos on white theme. love the cabinet! take care,
    Rosa from Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post... I love the wedding photo of your grandparents and how wonderful it is still in the original frame... priceless...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That victorian table display is beautiful. What a treasure. What a fun collestion to have, cake toppers. And not just any, but gorgeous ones.
    I love that chippy cabinet that houses them as well.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great collection and to be reminded of a happy time in a couples life is the frosting on the cake!
    Hope all is well!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your awesome Wedding collection and the cupboard they live in is fabulous.

    Enjoy your evening!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ciao Rebecca,
    what a bellissima collection. Nice for you to stop by mammabellarte. Rita

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful pictures of your family, Rebecca...a treasure to cherish. They are valuable beyond measure, and I'm so glad you shared them with us. I'm looking for some vintage frames to display some old photos of my family as well. There's something about them that gives me a sense of history and belonging. Thanks for sharing! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. JUST GORGEOUS, BEC. YOU HAVE THE FINEST EYE OF ANYONE THAT I KNOW. EVERYTHING IS JUST SUPERB!
    I CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE THINGS WITH ALICE. SAVANNAH IS SURELY HAVING A GREAT TIME WITH HER TALENTED GRANDMA.
    THANKS FOR THE TUSSIE MENTION. THAT WAS SWEET OF YOU. B.T.W. HOW IS KEITH DOING? WHEN THINGS CALM DOWN, WE MUST GET TOGETHER. HUGS, JUDY

    ReplyDelete
  15. If this is a deleted collection, send me your rejects! How beautiful and etheral. I love the one with just a touch of red...very risque. The gate is Fab U Lous.
    This collection would take first prize at a state fair!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Que c'est nostalgique! (How nostalgic!) In regards to your eggplant question - I think whites taste like the purples but I dont know yet!

    Cheerio.......;

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Rebecca
    Wow, What a lovely post on your wedding collections. I think it looks great too with some of them displayed in that fabulous cabinet of yours.

    Happy Whites-

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am glad to hear that you had fun spending time with your granddaughter.They are alot of fun.Being that I only put 3 early hours at the YMCA I see what 6mths to 6yrs do and oh.. yes the things that they say too.
    I can see why you collect such beautiful wedding pieces.There are to many shades of white and the textures are so very neat.I bet each of the cake toppers has a story to tell as well.Very nicely displayed.Have a great day!! (PS.. I too have had a few late white wedensdays,he he.)Fun Finds 2 U...Chickie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I forgot White Wednesday this week! I LOVE love love your collection of wedding treasures!!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a *sweet* collection...and I love tha *50* trophy cup...if anything in this world deserves a trophy-that is it!
    Have a great day!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving all your vintage wedding items! You have an amazing and beautiful collection. I never find many of those items around these parts, but I always keep my eye out just in case.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Rebecca
    Let me start by saying I'm not sure why I've never been on your blog, cause I love it! I love your store, your home and your studio! I found you this morning and I'm glad I did! I would love to visit your shop! I am trying to figure out how far it is from me! I am adding you to my blog list, if that's ok?
    Theothertheresa

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful post! I have a wedding topper collection which I just love. They are all from the 1920's and 30's.

    Come by and say hello when you have the chance,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! For just getting started blogging you have learned alot. I love the photos of your store..too fun

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.