HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Monday, August 17, 2009

PERSPECTIVE...

As an artist I have always struggled with perspective...my father could see things in a way that came across on canvas that I always wished I could attain.
Such vision I believe is a gift and also learned through practice and mistakes. My perspective in life, I believe is also parallel to that of an artists eye. Sometimes I get so absorbed in my work that I don't see anything else and I have to back away from it and get my perspective. Also true in life's trials and even in the everyday happenings. The gift of perspective sometimes comes naturally or in my case taught. Since I am sort of a free spirit I was blessed with a mother that is grounded and secure as a rock. The Lord blessed me with parents that loved the Lord and were two opposites in nature, my father the artist, singer, writer and my mother the practical rock of Gibraltar that is faithful and a straight shooter. My father used to say that she always was there to shoot down his flying ideas...(I don't think he always appreciated that ;)
A few years ago when my first grand babies were going to be born, I was a very busy lady with my huge shop and artwork. All the ladies of course gave me advice and said I was too young to be called grandma and what had I decided on to be called. So we searched different names such as Mimi or some other ridiculous chic name. Well, the twin boys came much too early, they were only a couple pounds each and struggled to stay alive. They didn't escape injury and they both have Cerebral Palsy...they cannot sit up, or hold their head up, eat, walk, or talk. I would give anything to have them call me grandma... PERSPECTIVE.
The boys now are 11 years old and keep my perspective pretty clear. They in spite of their disabilities are happy and content and try so hard to do what we take for granted. God has surely blessed us with these angels.
Some how when I was a mother I was so absorbed in raising my children correctly and so busy not making mistakes-which I often did anyway, I didn't enjoy them as much as I could have...not that I didn't take time - with 6 children your time is limited and I just didn't have the perspective that I now do with my grandchildren... And maybe that's what grandma's are all about, so here are the wonderful faces of my perspective...
Proverbs 17:6
Children's children are the crown of the old...

Savannah Jane






My heros Zachary and Luke... aka Smackery and LukeDelici-oso


Sophie Nicole



My newest grandaughter Madeline Noel



Leah Nicole holding Maddy


Sophie


My daughter (sorry) and Luke



Jesse James


Zach and his mom (sorry I thought I used the redeye setting)



Jesse



Jesse and Zach


Samuael and Leah



Sophie and her new sister Madeline

Blessings,
Rebecca

17 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos of your lovely children and grandchildren. Thankyou for sharing your life and loves. It is so easy to get busy and then we miss those wonderful blessings that God has placed in our everyday path.
    Blessings to you, Rebecca
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly blessed with a myriad of angels all 'round and lucky to be a 'Granny', I love it best of all!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are blessed with the love and support of your family.
    Thank you for sharing such a personal part of your life.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buonasera Rebecca,
    what a wonderful famiglia. I have been thinking more and more the same way, my boys are of course taller then me ( I am only 4'11") and I am going to do my best to stop and enjoy their conversations. Today we went to Soak City, I don't like rides! at all, but I went to one, closed my eyes but they where so proud of me! Good Night Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca,
    All of your perspectives are beautiful. They have the most wonderful smiles and I smiled looking at them.
    We also just recently had a granddaughter born early at 23 weeks 4 days. She weighed in at 15 oz. After 5 months in the hospital she just came home on August 8th. God has a way of helping us put things into perspective, doesn't He?
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebecca,
    I loved reading this amazingly written post. I loved reading about the differences in the personalities of your parents and your perspectives. Your grandbabies are all so beautiful! I know that when you look into their sweet little faces you know you are blessed. What do they call you?
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reminder. It is so easy to get caught up in the petty parts of daily life and we tend to forget to put it all in perspective at times.
    Beautiful family!
    xoxo
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hei Rebecca!
    Beautiful photos of your lovely children and granchildren.
    Thank you for sharing such a personal part of your life.

    Take care
    ^_^Piitis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really wonderfull faces!
    Some tears are on my face, when I read your post, even I didn`t understand every word. You are blessing, such a wonderfull family!
    Beautiful post!!
    Thank you for sharing a personal part of your life!

    Big hugs, Marge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photo's of your family Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rebecca,
    Thank you for sharing those photographs and your life lesson...I for one will take your feelings to heart and try to remember your wisdom.
    Blessings..........

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand about not enjoying your kids the way you should have, I too am guilty of this. We can only learn from this and move on. Great post and love seeing pics of your grandbabies, they are so beautiful! Thanks for playing along in my guessing game. Have a great day, T

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rebecca,

    You are a blessed lady and grandmother! Thanks for sharing the photos of your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rebbeca,thank you for sharing this story, and those beautiful children. I love you thoughts on perspective. I am always a child's advocate and if a child is apart of the issue, I'll voice the child's perspective. Something I don't think alot of parents do.

    Your a wonderful grandma.


    cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your *perspective* brought tears to my eyes...thanks so much for the encouragement!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful grandchildren! You are truly blessed! Thanks for sharing this part of your life~

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.