HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Thoughts...




This past year has been a whirl wind for me, things I thought I had to accomplish and other things were presented so I fit them in. But there is only time for so much, so other things were lost by the wayside. And so Christmas was no different. I had shows to do and things to make and decorating to do and with that I kept saying I am going to slow down. It is now two days before we leave for Christmas and I am still busy in the studio, still trying to get last minute things done and a rush to the post office... again.
It has become a habit formed by years of much going on... kids, shop, studio, the list goes on.  This has not been a bad thing but lately the Lord has been impressing on me that it is time for just him now. A time I put Him first in my time. What other time would be better then at Christ-mas time. To spend time in the Word and to replenish. 
Christ the love gift to the world from God the Father of all creation. God the father gave his son so He could have a relationship with us, to make us like him, to make us sons and daughters, to give us the inheritance of the kingdom of God.
Christ the first gift.
Christ the gift of pure love.
This I have heard all my life, but this Christmas I want this to be a light that shines a little brighter, that I may experience this in a new way, a deeper understanding of not only what Christ did for me but a deeper understanding of who Christ is to me. 
My relationship with the Father through Jesus Christ. 
Christmas is about 365 days of Christ in me the hope of glory.

Tonight the house is quiet and I am choosing to be still. To ponder and pray for those in my life. In a few days we will all be together and another Christmas will have come and gone. What will make this Christmas special... not the gifts or the food but the love we share and that love is a reflection of God's love in us. 
The source of all love comes from only one place, God and he is all accepting, all forgiving, all nurturing, he is unconditional love. From this love I draw and this Christmas I will try to be more of what God's love is.




Wishing you love from the heart of God this
Christmas.


Blessings
Rebecca

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Rebecca!
    Blessings to you this Christmas.....hope it's your best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry CHRISTmas Rebecca. Wishing you and yours many blessings in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so well said...i love when the Holy Spirit moves you, and you do it AND you share! blest be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, yes...the slowing down...it is so hard for us doers, isn't it...but so needed..I need it too.
    Have a blessed day!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are enjoying a blessed Christmas.

    <3
    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too try to be thankful what I have learned or accomplished each year. I always welcome the new one with all it promises.
    Merry Christmas!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca, I just want to tell you that your blog is beautiful but more than that your message is amazing. From one heart to another thank you so much for the spirit and beauty that you share so willingly with others. xoxox Geanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the Lord is speaking to alot of us like this..slow down..take notice of Him. I am also a "doer" gotta get things done. I notice when I slow down and spend time with him, life is so much more smoother and amazing. Here is to a new year, 2012, making more time with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your Family Room is my Favorite! The Fir Tree is simply gorgeous! And the sun in the day time= Oh my, how beautiful! Would love for you to visit my Rustic Farm House at mcreatesdaily.blogsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your quiet reflections and devotional time... this is truly what Christmas is all about.

    May 2012 bring you abundant Blessings, unlimited possibilities and the Happiest of Memories.

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... and Happy New Year... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post Rebecca! This is what Christmas and the other 364 days mean to me as well. Blessings in the New Year my dear friend.
    ~ rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I am so glad you didn't say you were shutting down your blog! I will be your newest follower, I thought I was already following! I came from Ivy and Elephants to see your home tour so will look for that now too. I so admire you for your strong belief and attention to what God is telling you! Happy new Year!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.