HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Thursday, December 15, 2011

She Shines at Christmas

Hello
Christmas is fast approaching and we are all busy with shopping, baking and decorating. Not to mention all the kiddie programs and church activities. It is a nice busy time and I hope you are all enjoying each task and fighting off the stress that can accompany too many things on our plate. I know the lines can be annoying and people can be crazy this time of year (might want to put away the mace while shopping) but I really enjoy the hub-bub. I try to look at people and smile and wish strangers a Merry Christmas. A little extra kindness this time of year spreads the joy and spirit of Christmas, it doesn't take much and it does wonders for your own stress level.
I have finally gotten most of my decorating done in the house. I starred at the bins for two weeks while doing the shows, just not having the time to dig into them. So it is only this last week that I have been puttering and adding touches to the house. I love how the house looks at Christmas... she just shines in all her glory this time of year. There is just something magical about candle light and greens. This old house looks so good under candle light, kind of like all of us do. One can't see the imperfections only the glow and essence of her spirit. 


So come on in...
 I would love to have you spend a little time with us this Christmas 2011.


This old house was built in the 1860's and is Italianate in design.  She (I refer to the house as a her because she is rather feminine) has been stripped of most of her original beauty, but it has been on the historical house walk here a couple of years ago. I was talking to Susan of Old Grey Mare today and she suggested I do a post on the history of this old house.  I think that sounds fun, so I plan on doing a couple of posts in January.


The "bones" are still here... and we enjoy her essence.


The dining room is one of my favorite rooms - although I don't spend much time in here.








Most of my Christmas decor is either vintage or handmade. I love adding greens to just about everything - greens will make anything look good! I use a lot of boxwood... it dries beautifully.









I have to tell you, I took a lot of pictures... my son gave me a new camera for my birthday (and Christmas) and it should be for the next 5 years, he spent way too much! So I am having fun with it, however it is on automatic at this point.
















Ok... let's get out of the dining room, I think we have spent enough time here and head to the kitchen.














I love sheep...










Nothing says Christmas like white stoneware and pine!























Pay no attention to the plastic behind the curtain... one of the blessings of an old house.




Leaving the kitchen, we will go to the computer room... it is small and not so many pictures :)














This is getting to be ridiculously long with all these pictures - so I am going to extend the house tour to my next post. 
I hope you will come back to finish the tour and for some hot mauled wine...
Wishing you a fantastic week and if you have not joined my 
Birthday Blogger Giveaway... please do so here


I would love to have you join me.

I am linking up with my friend Debra at Common Ground today for her Vintage Inspiration Friday and also...
LaurieAnna's  Farmhouse Friday
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Home at Friday at the Charm of Home
Inspiration Friday at The Picket Fence

Thanks so much for visiting.
Blessings until next time,
Rebecca



32 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW, what a beautiful home you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your lovely blog via VIF. What a treat! Beautiful photos of a beautiful home. What a privilege to live there. I'm your newest follower and I hope you can pop over to Cottage and Creek and follow back. I'm a "Follower" too of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Love connecting with other believers! Merry Christmas!
    Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. R.E.,
    You have inspired me more than you think. I will probably have nekkid shrubs after seeing what you did with the boxwood...and I'm on the hunt for white Santa mugs!
    Amazing tour and even more amazing how vintage and handmade just seem to melt together perfectly.
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rebecca...your home is absolutely gorgeous to me! So many treasures and so much love you've put into it too ~ thank you for taking the time to take the photos to share with us! You're so right about being kind and smiling when out shopping this season ~ kindness really is contagious! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, your home is absolutely AMAZING!!! Everything is just so lovely and serene, I could spend hours looking at all of your treasures. Can't wait to see more - and there is no such thing as too many photos, especially with a home as wonderful as yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness sakes, I don't know where to start, except to say this is just my idea of heaven!! Every inch is fabulous, R, just amazing!!! So glad you shared this on VIF!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. "She" wears her Holiday finery with grace and beauty....she is bursting with pride at all the love and attention bestowed upon her.
    Merry Christmas my dear friend, and many blessings to you and yours
    much love,
    z

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.................it al looks stunning!
    What a beautifull athmosfeer.
    Merry christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rebecca, my dear, there is nothing I love more that visiting your fabolous home. I just feel at home her, in all your wonderful old collected pieces, beautiful furnichures, and gorgeous handmade things. It is stunning in its wintery fineries, with all the lovely glittering and shiny things, it is a true wonder-land
    . Love to you, and xx
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home is beautiful, thanks so much for
    sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One word STUNNING !!!!! thank you for sharing with us...

    ~~Pattie~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness Rebecca your home is just beyond gorgeous!! It brings tears to my eyes beautiful...those good tears ❤
    Thank you for sharing it with us!

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't believe I have seen so much beauty in one place. You must melt everytime you enter your house. I love white and shabby chic so this really gets my heart pumping!!!Beautiful!..........JUDY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Rebecca, I always enjoy seeing pictures of your home! I can't wait till the next post! Everything is amazing!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have the most amazing home! Your Christmas decorating is breath taking. I could sit it that diningroom all day just soaking up the atmosphere. WOW!

    Have a very Merry Christmas,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Breathtaking! Stunning! Gorgeous! I cannot even imagine living surrounded by such beauty. You have a wonderful gift. Thank you for sharing so much heavenly and earthly inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH MY GOODNESS! I just had to pick my jaw up off of the floor where it dropped as I looked at your gorgeous home and Christmas decorations! I mean, it is all so incredible and I'm in awe of your talent and creativity. :-) Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday and we hope to see lots more of you in the future!
    Merry Christmas,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your home Rebecca - everything is SO beautiful with so many wonderful displayes.
    Can´t wait for next post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rebecca, your home is fabulous! I love everything. They just don't make them like that anymore! And you've decorated it so beautifully.
    Looking forward to your next post.
    Blessings,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Rebecca, I could look at your photo's all day! Your home is just so beautiful, so warm and inviting! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and thank you for sharing with us your home. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your home is just beautiful and then to add Christmas decorations to it is icing on the cake. I have visited this post several times to take in all the details and make sure I did not miss anything. I just love it all. Happy Birthday and have a Merry Christmas and thank you for sharing your home.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful home!! I looked twice! Thanks for sharing. Thank you too for stopping in and for the prayers for my cousins. Have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rebecca, everything is just gorgeous. I can't wait to hear the history. You have such a wonderful eye and design sense that there is magic every where you look. Thanks for sharing your holiday home with us.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  24. You know what Rebecca....that house might have been stripped of the "good stuff" but you have restored it! It's happy again, I can just tell. I wish every old house had someone like you to fill it with love. They are precious and there are so few around anymore. I love old houses (and here we are building a new one) Your decorations are beautiful.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Everything is just beautiful...you have certainly mastered the art of layering...and I love all of the vintage...I really enjoyed taking a peek and can't wait to see more!
    Merry Christmas
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  26. Holy Smokes girl! I thought you were showing pictures of a museum or something, and then I saw it was your home! Wowzer...It's amazing! How fun would that be to live in that beauty! Thank you so much for sharing...Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is all just gorgeous! I very much enjoyed viewing your beautiful home! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home! Have a very Merry Christmas!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your home is so lovely. I enjoyed each picture. Thanks for taking the time to share with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful old home that you have dressed in lovely vintage decor! I totally understand the plastic on the windows. Along with character, comes the "fresh air". We replaced 2 windows in a bedroom, and although they are airtight, they no longer wear the pretty frost patterns in the winter. Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just finished looking at all this post. Whew! I love it. Thanks. I'm looking forward to your next onw.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is one of the most spectacular Christmas tours I've ever seen. I love every single detail. I adore your style, can't believe i wasn't following you before, thought I was!!!

    ♥Much admiration
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.