HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thank you for my Birthday Party


It is exactly one week, 7 days, 168 hours before Christmas and that means only one thing to me...
it's my Birthday!

And I got such a beautiful present from my heavenly father...


Snow


Not too much...




Just enough to make it look like Christmas...


Just enough to make everything clean and frosted like cake...
Birthday cake?




It is the first snow of the season... and it was a surprise during the night.
Don't you love waking up to a beautiful surprise! 




That quiet softness of snow that muffles the outside sounds and puts a frosted glow through your morning windows.



I could hardly wait to get outside and take pictures with my new camera...




I am blessed...


I am also blessed to have such wonderful friends...


I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart that participated in my Birthday party and left such inspiring messages. 
I was so touched by your life lessons and heartfelt comments.
 It was so hard to pick three favorites because you all had such wisdom.
You were such an inspiration and I enjoyed reading these over and over... thank you.


My choice is...


Susan of Old Grey Mare


When struggling through three very difficult years of horrible betrayal and deceit and being so wounded I could not breathe, I knew I had to change myself, since the situation was out of my control. 

I had held the anger in my stomach like a fist and it was only going to be through the power of forgiveness and the power of grace that I would ever right myself and be able to live again.

You cannot continue to make the same choices and expect a different outcome, yet so many lost souls continue to wail against the walls, until bloodied and beaten, never seeing it is within their power to alter their course.

SO, it is the power of forgiveness and the power of grace that I will wish to all your birthday pals this year and to you dear friend..many, many blessings of hope and promise.

I have to tell you that this gave me a good cry, not only because it hit close to home but because it is one of the most important lessons one could ever learn. 
Forgiveness is the basis for inner peace. Without forgiving others you cannot be forgiven, without accepting forgiveness you cannot find joy... the joy that passes all understanding.
Thank you my sweet friend.

My choice is..
.
Cyn of Cynz Place

Oh where do I start with a tip, My tip for whomever reads this is Prayer. I don't mean the little lay me down to sleep prayer..I mean really talking with our Heavenly Father. I have had many troubles and trials over the past few years, health as well as family issues...and honestly..If I didn't talk with my heavenly father daily..I don't know if I'd be writing this post. Sometimes more than once a day. To ask him for guidance, ask him for forgiveness, or Thank him, I LOVE that we can be in constant contact with Him.

Although I would be so joyed to win, I truly hope someone reads this tip and rejoices in Him and prays and speaks with Him.

This my friends is what it is all about... there is nothing more important then your relationship to the heavenly father. He wants a relationship with you, he waits for you, he loves you. 
My father who was a wonderful teacher of the word... studied Greek and knew the scriptures inside and out and preached hundreds of sermons... in his last days, so sick yet thanking God and telling me, there is only one thing that matters... "love the Father, He loves to hear it". 
It just comes down to one thing, your relationship with your heavenly father.
Thank you dear Cyn

My choice is...


Lori at Katies Rose Cottage


Oh my goodness Rebecca you are so precious! I just absolutely adore everything that you create so much!!

One tip that I am really trying so hard to try and do more often is to be still and know that He is God ~ Also taking time to be still and look around and notice the blessings that are right around me every single day ~



This is something I have been working on in my life -  to be still...
in this day of electronics when there is hardly a second that one isn't hooked up to either the iphone, ipod or the computer.  We need to have everything faster and better. 
We have become used to things moving faster and faster. 
One hardly is alone with his own thoughts let alone with God. To notice small things and appreciate simple pleasures... everything doesn't need to be in 3-D, light up or travel at the speed of sound. It is ok to sit in a quiet house alone with your thoughts and just be still. To think and appreciate the smile your child just gave you or feel the breeze on your face. To notice the bird on the trellis as you scurry to the car. Be still and know that I am God.
Thank you so much dear Lori.


If you would kindly email me with your information, I will send out your gifts.
Thank you all for your kind wishes... I enjoyed my birthday.



I thank God for each and every one of you and pray you will have a most joyful Christmas week.


Blessings
Rebecca

18 comments:

  1. Happy birthday. Mine is tomorrow, December 19th. Beautiful blog, I just discovered it, and am looking forward to reading each and every post.

    Peace,

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, dear one! You bring us such beauty...

    No snow here yet...yours is beautiful and you are right...it does add so much to the Christmas setting...I am missing it.
    Do have a Merry Christmas!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. darlin You ARE my gift <3
    I was gone all day, just got home, so I missed phoning you on your special day. I barely got through to Hannah at midnight as she turned 21.
    So Happy Birthday girls. I love you both!

    I hope your day was every bit as special as you are!
    <3
    z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Those are fabulous photos. Wish to have White Christmas in here as well.

    Buy SWTOR Account

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos say you had a beautiful birthday!! Happy Birthday!! Your blog is always an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG--just beautiful pics; I need a better camera when I see gorgeous blogs like yours--but, then I realize it takes talent too; lol--anyway, your blog is gorgeous and I'll just follow your talent and maybe some of it will rub off on me. I'm off to look around your blog for awhile. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely photos!! Sigh, we woke up to very thick fog . . . .

    Wishing you a very HaPpy BiRtHdAy and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    xxoo
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Rebecca!

    What wonderful advice, what better message could there be than forgiveness, grace, stillness, and prayer, it is the essence of the relationship with our Heavenly Father. Today I am blessed by having stopped in and read these wonderful words of encouragement. Thank you for your blog and all its pretty messages both earthly and heavenly.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Rebecca - I hope you hsd THE most wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your day was so beautiful, with the ground covered in snow, dear Rebecca-I`m happy you had such a lovely day.
    Congratulations to the 3 winners, and thanks for their wonderful words of wisdom.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yayyy I am so excited!! What a fun surprise!! ❤
    Thank you Rebecca!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. R.E.,
    We're the ones who are truly blessed for having you as a friend. You always give us a gift on your birthday by sharing your thoughts and those of some very wise friends. This morning I'm thankful for the letter "W". Wisdom...White...Wonderful...Winners.
    Happy birthday once again and congratulations to all these ladies.
    XOXO
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful day, Rebecca!

    Thank you for sharing the season at Potpourri Friday! May you have a Merry Christmas and the Happiest of Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no! I see I missed something very special here, but happy belated birthday!
    To recognize the blessings in our lives is truly a gift from God!
    Merry Christmas~

    ReplyDelete
  15. All 3 winners are to be congratulated for leaving all of us with such words of wisdom and advice for changing our own lives. Hope your birthday was a happy one and your holidays be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You picked the best winners. Great tips indeed. I need to learn to be still too. I think all us bloggers do. Maybe we need a day of being still....hey that would make a good blog party...and then we could share what we did. I'll leave the details to you:) haha
    Great photos too...I thought you might have gotten a new camera.
    Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas sweet friend!

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  17. Snow..how beautiful! In the part of Arizona that I live in we dont get snow..but the mountains around us do and they are so beautiful.

    I am so joyful and humbled that you picked me. I DO believe in Prayer..I have seen it work in my life and others.

    Rebecca, may God continue to Bless you and your family.
    Cyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rebecca, I just found your wonderful blog through At The Picket Fence. Your home is gorgeous and so beautifully decorated for Christmas. I am now a follower.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.