HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Friday, December 9, 2011

Etsy Shop up and a Workshop... finally!




Hello,
We woke up to a dusting of snow this morning and it has put me in the Christmas decorating mood...  That is a good thing since I have not hardly started... I brought everything up and unpacked it all but it is all in the dining room just waiting to be put in it's place. I will show pictures next week.
I have been busy loading my etsy store... finally. With all the shows I have been doing - I just haven't had time, so for the next few days I will be listing.






I woke up with sales already on these, that makes me happy!
I have not sold on etsy before, only my blog shop and website. 
So listing has been slow. Here are some things you will find at














I plan on working in my studio this weekend and listing what I make next week. I know it is late in the season but I want to play now and what I don't sell this year, will give me a head start on next year. It seems I am always behind and playing catch up.
I have sold out of stars, so I am trying to make a few more of those also.
My last show was good but I am glad to be done. I managed to snap a few shots but not before it was picked over. I didn't have enough time to get set up and they just picked out of the boxes, so these pictures are not the best.















Workshop!
I will be offering one class before Christmas,
 in my studio here at my home. 
It will be the week before Christmas on 
Tuesday - December 20. 
It will be at 5:30 
Dinner and refreshments 
will be included
I would love to celebrate this time of year with you!

The class will teach basic soldering 
and you will be making a glass tube ornament


Please email me at alxfreedom@aol.com
for my address and directions or
 if you have any questions.
If you would like to sign up for the class you may do so here


Due to the late posting of this class, this may not fill, if that be the case I will refund your money and post another date after the new year.

On a footnote here... I would like to make a statement on my convictions and they are mine alone concerning what I make, sell and teach. If you have another way of thinking that is great. 
With the internet and so many ways to see one another's art work, not to mention publications and so forth, it is impossible to think you are an original. I have yet to see a piece of work that is truly an original. Somewhere along life's path you were inspired by something or someone's work. Believe me someone somewhere did it before you or me. I myself believe in networking and encouraging my friends, customers, students, fellow artists... shop keepers. I have always had this philosophy, to the point where I have helped people open a shop across the street from me that copied my designs to the letter... ha! (that tested me)  Anyway my point is, if someone gets an idea from me or takes a class from me... I expect them to soar, I expect them to take my idea and build on it... hopefully make it their own and grow.  That is the true reflection of my work.
 If you sell something I made... good for you! I have been in this business way too long to not know my priorities.
 Please let us all encourage each other in the spirit of loving kindness and gratefulness.

I hope all of you are enjoying this Christmas season!
Blessings to all of you 
Rebecca

16 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I lived closer, I would love to take your class. Well really I'd love opportunity to hang out a few hours with you!

    Loving the footnote! Well said!

    Love
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful attitude you have for your beautiful things! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Etsy shop looks great. I just added you to my favorites. I completely agree with your footnote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear friend- Such fabolous photoes from your booth- and such a wonderful attitude about your creations and classes, Rebecca.
    Like you I think, that nothing is compleately new---all have ,in one way or the other, been seen before.
    I have wrote you from Etsy ,and hope it is ok ?
    Love you-
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rebecca,
    My but I'll say you are in the Christmas mood! The pictures are amazing, and all the yummy new wares you have are irresistible! We'd love to have you share at our linky party so everyone can see!
    Hugs and Happiness,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photography! Thank you so much for sharing your talents. What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto and kudos!
    I had to laugh though...'bout time someone said it out loud!
    Love from here
    Donna... and the Carpenter

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to take your class, where are you located? Your footnote is thought provoking...you've inspired me to remove my little sidebar note about copyright. I will create to satisfy my creative soul and path and whatever happens, happens.

    xo, abby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I'd love to be there for your class! You have such a generous heart and spirit, RE. Love that about you! Beautiful things. I cherish the star you gave me, I'm loving it out this Christmas, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debra took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say...Now, THAT's a generous spirit...So with that lovely attitude may you never be poor, in any way. I honor and bless you.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rebecca,
    Regarding your philosophy on teaching....
    Have I told you how important you are to me? (I wrote 'love' twice but got worried someone might take it wrong). You are such an example of a talented, generous & secure artist! I wish I was close because I would be first in line for your workshop. Everything you've made looks amazing. I've switched over to etsy myself & it's like Christmas morning every morning when I open my email!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bravo!! Well said about inspirational ideas. I feel the same way. Sometimes you see an article in a magazine and many people get the idea, but you have to make it your own. Good luck on your etsy store. All the things you create are beautiful. I love the stars you made too!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your a lovely post, Rebecca! I too wish I could attend your workshop. What a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is just exquisite! I wish I lived close enough to sign up for the class! I love your philosophy on sharing too. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your Etsy shop! You have such beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.