HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Monday, December 20, 2010

Just a warning

    
Hello

I got this email from my daughter...


          I  checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are  gearing up
for this  virus!
      
          I  checked Snopes, and it is for real. Get this  E-mail
message sent around to your contacts  ASAP.
          PLEASE  FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND 
CONTACTS!

      
          You  should be alert during the next few days. Do not  open
any message with an attachment entitled  'POSTCARD FROM
HALLMARK,'regardless of who sent it  to you. It is a virus which opens
A POSTCARD  IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your 
computer.
      
          This  virus will be received from someone who has your 
e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is  the reason why you
need to send this e-mail to all  your contacts. It is better to receive
this  message 25 times than to receive the virus and  open it.

          If  you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though  sent
to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down  your computer
immediately. This is the worst virus  announced by  CNN.
      
          It  has been classified by Microsoft as the most  destructive
virus ever. This virus was discovered  by McAfee yesterday, and there
is no repair yet  for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys 
the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital  information is 
kept.

          COPY  THIS E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO YOUR  FRIENDS.
      
         

I think, this is what happened to my computer yesterday...
Please be advised
Blessings
Rebecca
I got this email from Sarah...


. It IS on Snopes, but it's not as dire as they make it out. Instead of shutting down your computer, simply delete the email. If you don't open an attachment, it can't do you a bit of harm.


http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp


If you do receive a postcard, copy the confirmation number and go directly to the site in your browser rather than clicking on a link.


Good luck and I'm sory about your computer! 




 

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warning Rebecca!
    Take care,
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the heads up, I had not heard about this, I will pass along the info. to my contacts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rebecca I will send it around. I opened an email the other day from a blogger and then later she told everyone her email was hacked. My computer wouldn't open the attachment so I think it did no damage.
    Why do ppl do this!!! meanies!

    xx C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this warning! I appreciate it! Have a Merry Christmas! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rebecca. I have to wonder what makes people so mean they have to do this kind of stuff. Just think if they'd gear that energy towards something good what they could achieve in life.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the warning, Rebecca. Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had already heard about this virus!

    I sent you a pay pal invoice yesterday, hope I sent it to the right e-mail.

    Theresa
    aka:tot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweetie!
    Thanks for the "heads up"! Wishing you and all your loved ones a beautiful and loving Christmas....xo..deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rebecca! Thanks for the warning. I also wanted to wish you a happy belated birthday and let you know that your attic room is beautiful. I was truly speechless when I saw the pictures. It brought tears to my eyes, because my mom who passed away a few weeks ago would have loved it too. She loved your shop and she had nothing but good things to say about you. I hope that you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the heads up. I hope you are having a great Christmas week.

    Happy White Wednesday and Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the warning! I will be on the look-out.
    I simply love your new little retreat...how fun that must have been to pull together such a special place ...the details are just beautiful and so meaningful!
    Happy (belated) Birthday...that was fun to read!
    Merry Christmas, too, Rebecca!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.