HOME ART The Love of God Shop Studio

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas



Joining Debra at Common Ground for Christmas Inspiration today... thank you Debra


Christmas thoughts...

As all the decorations are hanging, the gifts are under the tree, the cards are in the mail and the candles are flickering... 
I stare at the dancing lights and reflect on just what Christmas means to me.

Oh yes, there is love, family and even cute little clichés, 
Jesus is the reason for the season.
 We celebrate the baby Jesus laying in a manger with angels singing praises to... who?
 Luke says, and the angels sang heavenly praises to the new born... King. Not baby, but King. 
In fact King of Kings.
 How many of us realize what God in all his glory did for us that night... it was much more than a miracle of a baby being born to a virgin... 
He surrendered himself to mankind. 
The very God that created every angel, heavenly host, principality, star, planet... man 
became a helpless poor child, born in a horrible stable. 
He became the lamb that was to be slain for us. 
He could have at any time called down the heavens but He chose to strip himself and become man that first Christmas, totally depending on His Father.  
To walk as an example for mankind and to show the hosts of heaven who He is.  
 It was His plan from the start, to reveal Himself through mankind.
 To sacrifice Himself so we could become sons of the Living God and reveal the love that God has for His creation. 
Gods only Son came down from His throne and became the sacrifice for sin...
 not only the sins of man but the concept of sin.
 He did away with sin through His blood, so that we might walk in victory every day...
 not only on Christmas. 
When He looks at you or me He sees us completely whole and sinless because of what His Son did. 
That my friends is the true meaning of Christmas and that is why the Angels sang...
 Glory to God in the Highest and on Earth,
 Peace  Goodwill to All Men... 
Every single one of us.



God Blessed Us Every One
Rebecca

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for giving a voice to the thoughts I've been having all week. I couldn't find the words, but you did and beautifully!
    Merry Christmas.
    Debbie
    P.S. I am humbled by His gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jesus!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Rebecca!
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend, filled with family and friends.
    xoxo
    Donna, Kes and Fezzik

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post... you said it all. Wishing you and your family a Very Merry CHRISTmas!!!
    Blessings~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glory to our Father and Lord! We love You Father God and thank you for your son Jesus! Amen!
    Merry Christmas to everyone...remember the birth of our Savior and Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And the people said....AMEN!

    Well spoken Rebecca.

    Merry Christmas,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. We watched a portion of the passion in church last Sunday, the part where he is being beaten. We really needed to be reminded that all the trials and tribulations we have experience are nothing compared to what he endured for us, why he came for us. I have been trying to hold that image close to my heart this season. Blessings to you this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well said Rebecca, the love is beyond our understanding. The creche is my favorite decoration, I recieved a stable this year,,,,it was an office throw away that my husband spied and brought home. I cry and pray for the person tossing it. I am so gratefull for the man God brought into my life at 54...to grow in faith and love with. I am gratefull for so much, and there is nothing higher than to know Jesus as our lord and savior...like you say, through Him all things are possible. I am so grateful to have gotten to know you Rebecca. Your blog is a place I can go to get grounded or back in balance. As sisters in Christ I am sending you a big ole southern hug.
    Merry Christmas
    Love
    Marcie
    PS we have a dusting of snow this Christmas morning...in Alabama! Thank you God.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rebecca,

    Just came by to wish you and your dear family the best and happiest Christmas.
    I enjoyed reading your post and thank you for all the wonderful things you share.
    I hope that this special time is filled with the sweetest of blessings.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful reminder. I hope your Christmas was all that you hoped it would be.

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you enjoyed the snow. I love the picture of the snow covered tree the best. We have not been lucky enough to get that much yet. From all of your pictures it looks like everyone had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a tad late, but amazing post! Amen!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave a comment!
Your friendship and visits mean very much to me.